• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
https://twitter.com/MrMuselk/status/831784166735884288

Muselk Verified account
‏@MrMuselk

Horizon Zero dawn giving out review copies 3 weeks before global release! Now THAT is the sign of a good game.

Tobias Öjerfalk ‏@tejbz 9h9 hours ago

@MrMuselk I played it. I want to talk about it but I cant. But you know!
1 reply 0 retweets 5 likes
Muselk ‏@MrMuselk 8h8 hours ago

@tejbz blink if it was good
1 reply 0 retweets 12 likes
Tobias Öjerfalk ‏@tejbz 8h8 hours ago

@MrMuselk
C4sjwVfWEAA-v5s.jpg
He was told to blink; he winked. Not enough trees for a full blink eh? :(

Skeeter49

Vince is a huge RPG/ Open World fan. The only doubt I would have is that he hasn't shown much excitement for Horizon, but he hasn't been on many podcasts of late.
The only other game I think it could be is Neir.

Since the spoiler-free impressions thread got deleted/merged, I decided to compile all the impressions from there below for your convenience:

vivekTO

So i asked musician about the patch thing and he said this
It said Version 1.00 as it installed the 16 gigs. Not sure if it was a patch or just a mandatory install. Wouldn't the patch be 1.01?

So what does it mean, the game had a patch or one of those early start thing , i don't know how ps4 work exactly.

Gudji

So i asked musician about the patch thing and he said this

So what does it mean, the game had a patch or one of those early start thing , i don't know how ps4 work exactly.

Must be the "play go" thing. I asked on twitter about a day one patch but the game director didn't answer to me.

Tonky

Impressions
from various gameplay videos that I've seen
:

• Graphics look incredible
  • Gameplay is varied and fun
  • Story is relatively interesting
  • Thunderjaw is really difficult to beat

I just want to know if this game has downsampling on the Pro. Because if this is another game that doesn't support it i will fucking murder the Pro, shit all over it and throw it through a Sony window somewhere..

Gudji

I just want to know if this game has downsampling on the Pro. Because if this is another game that doesn't support it i will fucking murder the Pro, shit all over it and throw it through a Sony window somewhere..

I believe the game will use supersampling if you're playing on a 1080p display. Don't quote me on that though, I think I remember reading it somewhere.

Wasn't that confirmed? I think it was confirmed it had super sampling.

Cause if it doesn't... oh boy.

Loudninja

Yes.

For starters, for players who still possess standard 1080p HDTVs, we’re able to offer far better image quality. We’ve got a number of techniques at our disposal. The most logical one is supersampling. This is a very high-quality anti-aliasing technique, which basically means we internally render at a higher resolution (close to 4K) before shrinking it down to the final 1080p resolution. As our internal calculations are done at a resolution much higher than 1080p, more detail survives before we shrink it down to 1080p, resulting in smoother edges — virtually no jaggies — and a more stable image.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/01/how-ps4-pro-enhances-horizon-zero-dawn/

IIRC it only downsamples when at 1080p
Yeah on a 1080P screen of course ;P

I believe the game will use supersampling if you're playing on a 1080p display. Don't quote me on that though, I think I remember reading it somewhere.
Yes. Downsampling for a 1080P screen.

I hope so. But i can't imagine Guerrilla not checking all the boxes.

Thank you!

Adryuu

What?? what to hate about it, Compression? Because all the gifs and pics i have done is through imgur only!!

Nothing to do with quality, actually; and it's just me, probably. Interface on mobile sucks (can't directly open the image in a new tab) and I don't want their frakking app, and it's blocked at the office so can't see it comfortably there either.

JayBabay

I appreciate the comparison to other games with branching dialogue, however, the lack of facial animation anywhere above the lips is bothering me more than it should. I think I need to be immersed because watching clips of videos is not going to do it any justice.

The Lamp

In the middle of rendering share-captured intro on ps4 pro. I'll upload to YouTube in a few minutes. I'll share the link in a quote to view fashion so it lasts longer online.

The voice acting is actually impressive to me. The weird Brom clip seems to be an anomaly for now.

In the middle of rendering share-captured intro on ps4 pro. I'll upload to YouTube in a few minutes. I'll share the link in a quote to view fashion so it lasts longer online.

The voice acting is actually impressive to me. The weird Brom clip seems to be an anomaly for now.

Thanks Lamp.

Top Bottom