• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a bad enough dude to have Platinumed all Souls games?

Yes this is a small brag thread. And yes I think this is a real achievement that not many gamers reached due to various reasons many of them connected with their own time (farming pure bladestone/ covenant ears).

The order in which I played these games is:

- Demon's Souls first back in 2013 (bought a PS3 for this game)
- Dark Souls 2 (talk about downgrade coming straight from Demon's)
- Dark Souls 1
- Dark Souls 3
- Bloodborne (bought a PS4 for this game in December 2016)

All offline, all solo. No save scumming etc. The Miyazaki way!

img_6775v8agp.jpg

img_6776sjyjo.jpg

---

img_4948fka22.jpg

img_49472rycz.jpg

---

img_4946nmlhu.jpg

img_4945j8xwm.jpg

---

img_495071lvn.jpg

img_4949l0x9t.jpg

---

img_65819aojx.jpg

img_6584trpok.jpg

95 + 146 + 139 +122 +75 = 577 hours of pure Souls enjoyment across 3 different consoles. No regrets. NO REGRETS.

The only Souls game I did not play yet is DS3's 1st DLC - waiting for the 2nd DLC to drop then I will buy it.

Anyone else here have all 4 Plats? Morrigan Stark? Tarkus? What are you missing? I'm betting most people are missing Demon's, right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
7 plats for Demon's (all on different accounts and 3 plats on my main).

Not a single one for the other ones, despite having played them all for about 1k hours each. I simply don't prioritize the achievements, I'm too busy having fun my own way.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Only platinum'd Bloodborne. It's the only game in the genre that got me to go down the achievement hunting rabbit hole.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I only have the Bloodborne plat because the others are akin to punching yourself in the dick repeatedly whilst wasting an absurd amount of time grinding nothingness. And even BB got old with the Chalices.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Yup. Demon's, Dark, Dark 2, Dark 2: Scholar, Bloodborne and DS3.

Which I think is testimony more to how much I enjoy these games than my "badassery" as a gamer. I'm just not that skilled.

I don't tend to go for trophies but Bloodborne is one of the few platinums under my belt. Beaten all Souls games but had no will to platinum anything but Bloodborne

I have Demon's and Bloodborne. Slowly working on DS1 and will someday get to DS3. Have no intention of getting the platinum for DS2 considering I can't even bring myself to finish it.

grimmiq

No, I don't find dealing with teleporting people and lagstabs to be an achievement, and I'm not going to spend 50 hours grinding 5 mobs over and over because they rarely drop the items to level up covenants.I remember trying to do PvP in DS2, guy standing on opposite end of the bridge, he waves and disappears, fraction of a second later I'm in the backstab animation..If I moved to the US I might give it a try, but not now.

I platinumed Bloodborne. It's the only souls game I really played mostly because I love the lore, aesthetic, and combat style way more than other Souls games I dabbled in. A HUNTER MUST HUNT

eot

Banned
I don't give a shit about Platinums, I'm not going to enjoy collecting every item in the game, it's nothing but a grind. SL1 runs on the other hand...

Demon's, Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Just the ones that I really loved enough to do it. Dark Souls 3 was pretty good but I just didn't feel the drive there.

bobone

Almost. Waiting for the DLC before I do the rest of the annoying runs of DS3 for all those rings.

But I'll get there.

Bloodborne was the most fun by far. And the theme you get for getting the Platinum was an awesome surprise.

Frodo

I've done it on Dark Souls and Bloodborne. I've very close to do it on DSII, just need to get a armour set I missed on my first play-through. Never really played Demon Souls (oops), and have still to finish Dark Souls 3. But to be pretty honest I don't think I'll do it. Trophy hunt is okay if you are enjoying the game while doing it, but playing just to tick a list can get quite frustrating, and it is not the reason why I want to spend time on my games, and in many cases it can even hinder my enjoyment of the game.

bidguy

Banned
none of the souls games are hard to 100%, just tedious and annoying. come back once you 100% all ninja gaiden games

GulAtiCa

Not all, but did 100% all that I played extensively. So:

Dark Souls 2 (my 1st Dark Souls)
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin
Dark Souls 3

2 & 2:S were the most fun to do, while 3 was the most annoying and tedious....

CHC

I have platinumed Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne. Both were very fun to do. I have not done DS2 or DS3, and I probably won't. DS2, at least, has too many weapons and spells to bother with, and some of them are far, far too annoying to farm.

Got very close to doing Demon's Souls before selling my PS3 to buy a PS4.

MrS

Banned
No. Bloodborne and DS3 only. At 71% on DaS and might go back in. I've given up on the platinum for SOTFS.

jb1234

I'd rather move on to a new game than beat my head against the wall repeatedly trying to platinum it. Personal preference.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yup.
Demon's, Dark, Dark 2x2 (PS3 & PS4), BB, Dark 3.
Also, Lords of the Fallen, Salt and Sanctuary, and in another week or two, Nioh.

KodaRuss

I only have Bloodborne's Platinum Trophy and sadly i have not completed the DLC yet or even started it...

Ill get to it after Nioh, Horizon, Nier, Mass Effect and Persona 5.... maybe.

xclk07

I have all of them: Demon's, 1, 2, 2SOTFS, Bloodborne, and 3.

It became my favorite game series of all time though, so... no regrets either. I'll have to look up my total playtime through all the games for fun.

Necron

Only platinumed Bloodborne (and got a 100% with its DLC) and I loved every minute of it.

At least I've played and completed all of them, so there's that. Just finished Dark Souls 2 yesterday and will now play the additional DLC chapters.

I've done all except Demon's and DS3. The former being because I only had a borrowed PS3 for a limited time. I haven't really felt interested in getting all achievements in DS3. It's also the Souls game I've completed the fewest times, not counting Demon's.

-MD-

No but I've played all the games in the series.

I don't believe I've ever earned a platinum trophy, too much of a time sink.

benbeaux

Banned
I'm missing the Demon's Souls platinum. Fatigue set in after I marathoned DS1 through Bloodborne and platinum'd them all.

silva1991

Yes I have platinumed them all. I still feel bad for platinuming DS2 and 3.

Fuck that madman armor farming in DS2 and fuck that covenant item farming in DS3

And fuck that piece of shirt friendship ring from Demon Souls.

Wink

Nope. I started doing trophies to completion only about two years ago so only got BB and DS3. I certainly wasn't ready for that when I played Demon's Souls back then and I'm not sure I would've wanted to try with DS2 because of disappointment.

Top Bottom