• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I use Overbuff for my stats.
I think each of them have their own upsides and downsides. Oversumo tracks stats on a per life basis, MasterOverwatch tracks on a per minute basis, and Overbuff just tracks the game as a whole.

Oversumo has this weird thing where it considers certain stats irrelevant, such as Zenyatta's healing, which is just fucking dumb. I generally prefer Overbuff.

edit should also put in where i started :x

Since S3s ending soon some stats for me:

Started: 2316
Season High: 3604
Current SR: 3575
134 Hours of Comp S3 played

Top 5 Heroes:
Ana: 45 Hours with 49% win rate
Roadhog: 32 Hours with 53% win rate
Zarya: 14 Hours with 53% win rate
Lucio: 7 Hours with 57% win rate
Soldier76: 6 Hours with 55% win rate

h8 drawssss or my ana would be above 50

Gotta say it was a pretty productive season. I mainly use my smurf to play with gold and play friends. Next season gonna try PC competitive Overwatch. Slowly getting the hang of Kb/m. Also going to aim for mid-masters on my main Xbox account.

Xbox One Main:
Start of Season - 2600
Season high - 3539
End of Season - 3200

Xbox One Smurf:
Start of Season - 2400
Season high - 3280
End of Season - 2900

Severance

I'm relatively new to the game. Level 31 atm and my placement matches put me at 2365 in competitive. What's the general consensus on Soldier 76? He is in every single game I play and can dominate it completely in the right hands. He can singlehandedly kill my enjoyment of a game. Is he just straight up OP or are there specific ways to counter him? I play a lot of support myself but switch it up when needed.

DevilDog

I'm relatively new to the game. Level 31 atm and my placement matches put me at 2365 in competitive. What's the general consensus on Soldier 76? He is in every single game I play and can dominate it completely in the right hands. He can singlehandedly kill my enjoyment of a game. Is he just straight up OP or are there specific ways to counter him? I play a lot of support myself but switch it up when needed.

What platform are you on?

Jellie

edit should also put in where i started :x

Since S3s ending soon some stats for me:

Started: 2316
Season High: 3604
Current SR: 3575
134 Hours of Comp S3 played

Top 5 Heroes:
Ana: 45 Hours with 49% win rate
Roadhog: 32 Hours with 53% win rate
Zarya: 14 Hours with 53% win rate
Lucio: 7 Hours with 57% win rate
Soldier76: 6 Hours with 55% win rate

h8 drawssss or my ana would be above 50

Started: 2834
Season High: 3441 (x2)
Current SR: 3383
31 hours of Comp I think.
Top 5 heroes were
Ana: 21 hours, 50% win rate. Was 60% win rate all season until two weeks ago :(
Soldier: 3 hours, 50% win rate.
Zarya: 3 hours, 68.75% win rate.
Reinhardt: 1 hour, 66% win rate.
Lucio: 1 hour, 55% win rate.

In summary, meta meta meta meta meta.
Probably main Zarya next season.

Anne

Oversumo tells me that the only hero I'm GM with is McCree :v

I've always been really dubious of that thing and after actually looking at it, yeah it's definitely more of a feel good app than a stat tracker. Overbuff and MasterOverwatch are both way better for looking at stats, even if they also have problems.

Jellie

Oversumo tells me that the only hero I'm GM with is McCree :v

I've always been really dubious of that thing and after actually looking at it, yeah it's definitely more of a feel good app than a stat tracker. Overbuff and MasterOverwatch are both way better for looking at stats, even if they also have problems.

The flaw with oversumo is that it doesn't take into account what level your opponents are. It's easier to get better stats against worse opponents so you can get your stats to be GM easier if you were diamond than if you were in GM.

Anne

The flaw with oversumo is that it doesn't take into account what level your opponents are. It's easier to get better stats against worse opponents so you can get your stats to be GM easier if you were diamond than if you were in GM.

Well that's actually the flaw with all of these stat trackers. Stats are p good to get a general idea, but you don't actually know how good somebody is by them. There also some stats that aren't relevant or change depending on how good somebody is, like Roadhog hook.

Best guess atm to how good somebody is will just be SR, but even then that can be spoofed too. Idk, I'd just worry about getting Ws and hitting goals rather than checking stats a lot.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
He's strong and some people say he's OP. I'm not sure myself. He's good at everything but he's not infallible. I don't think he has hard counters because he's a well-rounded character.

He's fairly bad at close range, and has a disadvantage in close range fights against people like McCree (flashbang combo works on him), Tracer, Genji, Reaper, etc. He can still fight back against these targets though, and can kill them if he lands a rocket (bad against Tracer because she can bait the rocket with rewind). Soldier functions best at mid range, not close range.

Roadhog hook combo oneshots him like any other 200 hp hero.

D.matrix shuts down absolutely everything Soldier can do. The one thing I look out for the most if I have my ult is whether there's an enemy D.Va paying attention to me.

Part of Soldier's job is to wear down the Rein shield. If the shield is down, the enemy team is free game for Soldier's ult. If the Rein shield or D.Matrix is up, then the ult is useless.

Soldier is a great deterrent for Pharah, but is NOT a hard counter on his own, especially at longer distances. He can usually hurt Pharah, but she can usually get to safety before dying if Soldier is the only one shooting at her. Plus Pharah can twoshot Soldier if she's watching out for him. Pharah + Mercy is basically a big "fuck you" to any team that thinks they can leave both of them to Soldier alone.

Anne

Idk about console balance, but the best ways to counter Soldier are to dive him hard (Tracer/Genji with some back up) or to have somebody zone him out like Widowmaker.

Jellie

Well that's actually the flaw with all of these stat trackers. Stats are p good to get a general idea, but you don't actually know how good somebody is by them. There also some stats that aren't relevant or change depending on how good somebody is, like Roadhog hook.

Best guess atm to how good somebody is will just be SR, but even then that can be spoofed too. Idk, I'd just worry about getting Ws and hitting goals rather than checking stats a lot.
True but those stat trackers don't give you a false rank based on stats. I just use it to see if I get at least 1k healing per life with Ana and to keep track of win ratios and number of deaths.

Severance

Thanks for the replies. I went McCree after posting and he worked nicely against Soldier. These replies gave me a much better idea of how to deal with him. He is truly a well rounded character who can hold his own. So much more to learn in Overwatch.

Vitanimus

NOxsRhx.png

o

Veelk

Banned
Idk about console balance, but the best ways to counter Soldier are to dive him hard (Tracer/Genji with some back up) or to have somebody zone him out like Widowmaker.

In my experience, Tracer is pretty good so long as he doesn't see you coming. The high burst damage gives him little chance to react. If he knows your there, you usually just get rockets to the face.

Genji though, not at all. It's an even match at best unless he throws down his regen field. If he does, you just flat out need to disengage, you're not going to win that fight without a major luck like deflecting the rockets he shoots at you at his person.

And widowmaker countering anyone or anything on console is lol.

Before, Reaper was my ideal pick, but then Blizzard decided to buff him and yadda, yadda, yadda, you know how that story goes.

Anne

Genji is one of the few characters that can challenge a Soldier on high ground cause mobility. He def works well against him and has a lot of outplay potential. Yeah, healing field is something he has to play around, but really it's not that bad since Genji can burst anywhere from 100-200 damage and kill him.

Idk. You can't really hard counter Soldier, just saying what I know works.

Oh damn the season ends today?

Man I just had the whiniest group. When you instantly start complaining about the comp because it doesn't perfectly fit your two tank two healer "meta" I know I'm in for a bad time.

It's kind of sad to listen to them fight each other.

It appear i'll finish the season with 2493. Lost 3 heart breakers at 248x

ONE MORE. GO GO GO.

Oh damn the season ends today?

Man I just had the whiniest group. When you instantly start complaining about the comp because it doesn't perfectly fit your two tank two healer "meta" I know I'm in for a bad time.

It's kind of sad to listen to them fight each other.

I need to get my baby crying soundboard going.

I think each of them have their own upsides and downsides. Oversumo tracks stats on a per life basis, MasterOverwatch tracks on a per minute basis, and Overbuff just tracks the game as a whole.

Oversumo has this weird thing where it considers certain stats irrelevant, such as Zenyatta's healing, which is just fucking dumb. I generally prefer Overbuff.

Oversumo and I have beef. All my Ana stats are Grandmaster, but since my Nano Assists and Nano Boosts are low, my Ana ranking has me as Platinum IV. :l

Veelk

Banned
Do I get a golden sword or a golden revolver.

Neither, Anne.

Gold is a soft, easily malleable metal. It's not in character for either a warrior like Genji, who values the simpler pleasures in life over anything materialistic or a wandering vagabond like McCree who comes off as a practical man at heart to carry something as gaudy and impractical like a golden weapon.

And they're mostly ugly too.

antitrop

Oversumo and I have beef. All my Ana stats are Grandmaster, but since my Nano Assists and Nano Boosts are low, my Ana ranking has me as Platinum IV. :l

Haha, I have that issue with a few characters. All stats are Grandmaster, except Critical Hit Accuracy, which drags the overall down to something like Platinum IV.

jviggy43

Nah, Roadhog's hook proximity allows him to 1-shot way too many heroes too easily, his hook has a pretty low skill ceiling. Hence whey its been adjusted in PTR, changes which will soon make it to Live. I have no problem with his scrap gun short/medium range shots.

It still is not one shot. Hanzo literally is one button press and he doesnt even have to hit you. Not comparable to the hook and shot, imo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It still is not one shot. Hanzo literally is one button press and he doesnt even have to hit you. Not comparable to the hook and shot, imo.

It's way harder to actually land a hanzo headshot than a roadhog hook.

There's a reason why people groan at having hanzos on their teams but not roadhog.

It's way harder to actually land a hanzo headshot than a roadhog hook.

There's a reason why people groan at having hanzos on their teams but not roadhog.
I think they were referring to the scatter arrow

The issue with Hanzos on your team is that they're so inconsistent, even if they occasionally output stupid and annoying damage. Roadhog is much more consistent.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think they were referring to the scatter arrow

The issue with Hanzos on your team is that they're so inconsistent, even if they occasionally output stupid and annoying damage. Roadhog is much more consistent.

If he's taking about scatter than its not even a contest about which ability is the most annoying one shot.

At least scatter has a reasonable cooldown.

If he's taking about scatter than its not even a contest about which ability is the most annoying one shot.

At least scatter has a reasonable cooldown.
Oh I know, I'm just pointing out I think that's what they were referring to.

Still hate dying to Hanzo tho, it's the worst feeling. Most of them don't even aim 😒

Btw has anyone heard from LiK in a while?
Can you play ranked pre-season 4 like League and improve your MMR?
No

Welcome to quick play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom