• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

God I'm so close to caving and just buying a Japanese game digitally, the closest I got to this was as simple as buying The Walking Dead season 1 off the US store before it was classified in Aus, although this has a little more of a language barrier, and I can't remember, you have to make Japanese psn, yeah? and there's no way to tie the game back to your original account for trophies, etc?
Actually you can, you just need to set it as a primary account.

God I'm so close to caving and just buying a Japanese game digitally, the closest I got to this was as simple as buying The Walking Dead season 1 off the US store before it was classified in Aus, although this has a little more of a language barrier, and I can't remember, you have to make Japanese psn, yeah? and there's no way to tie the game back to your original account for trophies, etc?

I'm not a 100% sure, but yeah you have to make a Japanese PSN account and download the game off of the Japanese PSN store. However, I think you can play the game on your normal (original region account) and earn trophies just as you normally would as long as your account is the primary one.

Aizo

Banned
21 pages? Jeez. I'll be here later. I will start tonight after work. I'm worried about a potential novel section. I'm sure I'll be getting assistance here.

BumRush

I know this is a dumb remark but I didn't know about it :

You can entirely customize the controls.

This is a game changer. Jesus this game is perfect. (cause I'm not dodging with R2 thank you game...)

So good.

That's amazing. No idea why some games don't allow it...

LotusHD

Banned
Yup. That phase was fantastic. Too bad the past part of it kicked my ass a bunch.

They should have just made hard mode the 1 hit kill mode because most high end enemies seem to be able to kill me in one hit :V

So Hard is really harder now. Dunno if I should be fearful or not lol

I'm getting one-shotted in Hard mode. What.

Jesus.

HOLY SHIT now i can understand why they never showed the second phase of the
opera
boss from the trailer

LIKE HOLY SHIT

110% Yoko Taro + P* at their A game

I love reading everyone's reaction to that boss. God I wanna play so bad lmao

I can't believe how many times I need to repeat this:

The full game length times are in the OP.

The "10-Hour" line is taken out of context and refers only to one of the very first 'endings' in a game with multiple. To reach the 'true ending' of the game, it takes 25-30 Hours, and to see/do everything, it takes 55+.

You don't make this easy, do you?

Lmao, probably would've had an easier time just saying it's 30 hours and be done with it.

Que?

21 pages? Jeez. I'll be here later. I will start tonight after work. I'm worried about a potential novel section. I'm sure I'll be getting assistance here.

And this is all before March 7 lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really don't want to count the number of times I have to call the 10 hour number utter BS.

It's one of multiple endings, there's far more to the game past that point.

For reference, you can die on the first level and get an exclusive 'ending' that way. That doesn't make the whole game "only 45 minutes long."

(Didn't spoiler tag so people can actually see this and get an idea of how endings are in this game, helps that it's early in the game. )

Time to update the FAQ again adding the same info thats already present in the information segment above lol.

Instead of wasting your time answering fully you can just say RTFOT lol

mcmmaster

Gone and spoiled like 6 boss fights thanks to me being weak and searching YouTube.

I sure hope the pc port supports resolutions beyond 1080p, else i'll be kicking myself for not grabbing this off psn now.

Coda

Is this not available for pre-order in Japan? I bought a PSN card but when I go to the Nier Automata page on the JP PSN it doesn't give me a price or option to pre-order.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
For reference-

You could get through Nier's first playthrough storyline in about 3 hours if your rushed, right?

Laws00

What are the chances of this thing coming out to the USA?

I'm thinking of getting it for the art
Nier Automata World Guide Book

nier-automata-world-guide-book-507857.2.jpg

And maybe thinking of getting

NieR:Automata Strategy Guide Book

For the art too
nierautomata-strategy-guide-510489.1.jpg

Finalow

enemies definitely do a lot of damage on hard, I got one-shotted by one of the animals too.

in the resistance camp at the beginning you can spot on the background
Popola & Devola
, you can't talk to them though, not yet anyway. uh-oh

7 hours for a first run on hard mode is massively disappointing to me. We're talking Nier, not DmC or MGR.....Nier was beaten in 7 hours on hard mode. Not even a speed run?

I hope the story and characters don't suck. I really want an action rpg, not Nier themes in DmC format.

A 7 hour Action RPG straight through (as in not really doing sidequests) sounds pretty damn awesome to me. I find that Yoko Taro's games work best with the short playtime for replays and soaking all the fun details in as you play over and over which works best with the superior combat in Automata.

MGR's 5h were some of the best 5h out there. Can't wait for this. In fact I prefer good games being a tad too short as opposed to being a bit too long.

Ubernube

7 hours...? I thought this game was a 20 to 25 hour affair...oh well.

Someone hasn't read the OP, it's always been know that it'll take about 10 hours, give or take an hour or two, to get to the first ending, and 25-30 to get to the final one.

No one has commented on how it handles the alternative endings either.

The alternative routes/endings are really important in Taro games people. You ain't done with the game till you get them all.

Do we know yet how much different the playthroughs are to get multiple endings? Is it similar to NieR or more Drakengard?

The wording on the OP makes it sound more like NieR.

7 hours for a first run on hard mode is massively disappointing to me. We're talking Nier, not DmC or MGR.....Nier was beaten in 7 hours on hard mode. Not even a speed run?

I hope the story and characters don't suck. I really want an action rpg, not Nier themes in DmC format.

This isn't to sound arrogant, but to give you comfort.

I am incredibly seasoned in action games. While I did not skip cutscenes, I didn't do many of the sidequests. Just story stuff. 7 hours may not be realistic for the average player.

Top Bottom