• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snipperclips Will Be A Launch Title for Switch in Japan (Other Regions Unconfirmed)

Snipperclips is set for release on March 3rd. At least, in Japan. Other regions haven't been confirmed yet, but that would do a lot to make the Switch's launch a lot more exciting. Will update the OP if any other regions' release date is announced.

promo__chara.png
]

Looks like the site is showing three worlds, unclear if there's more than that or not. Seems like they're quite unique in three different "themes", two which we saw in January, and the other one which we haven't seen before. EDIT: nevermind, looks like the third was shown in last week's Nintendo Minute video

World One
FSnsfD1.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-KqZ7momkg

World Two
5j1Sh2O.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp11zpRPO4Y

World Three
QgtNnLy.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnGmxbOdiuI

Also, the official Japanese site is adorable.

Hell YESSSSSSS

Will be getting this on launch day. Amazing news.

Brings my launch day haul to Zelda, all the Tomorrow Corp games, SnipperClips, and Shovel Knight (Treasure Trove since I've never played any of it). Thoroughly excited.

Is this digital only?

hatchx

Banned
Doesn't seem like a game that needs that much translation, so if it's not launch in NA I'd expect it like a week later at most.

I believe the game is made by French developers, so if they game is already to go in Japanese, I'd assume it's ready to go in English.

Anyone speak/read Japanese who can fish more details from the website?

If it is launch, this rounds out the lineup decently. Shovel Knight, Bomberman, Fast RMX, Zelda, and this together is not too bad of a lineup.

BooJoh

I can't read Japanese but I think this is saying that for single player you can just hit X to swap between characters?

I want this game but I can only play solo.

KP4ulFa.png

Huh, well looks like I'm starting my Japanese account now then. Knew I'd have to do it sooner or later.

Really wish they'd let all regions' accounts access all regions' stores though.

Then again if it hits US the same day then I can just get it on my main account.

I don't know of a digital service that allows that so simply. Sony, MS, and hell even Amazon require you to make new accounts and Steam requires VPN stuff.

I think it's regulatory issues.

I don't know of a digital service that allows that so simply. Sony, MS, and hell even Amazon require you to make new accounts and Steam requires DRM stuff.

I think it's regulatory issues.

Ah I see. It makes sense, but it's also kinda poopy to have to manage multiple accounts. But it's worth it to have access to multiple regions, so it's fine.

Either way I'm playing with with my friend at launch and I'm hype af. I can also just control both characters with each hand if I wanna play solo haha (though that seems pretty tough to coordinate).

Looks like the site is showing three worlds, unclear if there's more than that or not. Seems like they're quite unique in three different "themes", two which we saw in January, and the other one which we haven't seen before. EDIT: nevermind, looks like the third was shown in last week's Nintendo Minute video
Very cool! I had no idea they'd have themed areas. Will add to the OP.

Muzy72

Banned
NOA is probably waiting till their Nindie Showcase to announce Snipperclips release date, its probably March 3rd here too.

NOA is probably waiting till their Nindie Showcase to announce Snipperclips release date, its probably March 3rd here too.
Damn you stole my answer lol.

This is exactly what will happen. On February 28's Nindie presentation Snipperclips will be announced as a launch title.

Cuburt

It's an effort very representative of THE NINDIE SPIRIT. better to start off with that and go through the list.
That's a good point. If Nintendo is willing to pick up that game they could publish others indie titles as well. I don't remember how much they've done this in the past, but it's a good way to drum up more good will and support in the future.

That's a good point. If Nintendo is willing to pick up that game they could publish others indie titles as well. I don't remember how much they've done this in the past, but it's a good way to drum up more good will and support in the future.
I believe they published Shovel Knight in Japan.

Top Bottom