• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch is out in the wild in Peru (possibly other countries?)

HardRojo

Once again, and just like FFXV, gaming goods are available in the gray market here in Peru for your average customer several days before official release.
It seems that the Switch has made its way to some stores and some people in search of that quick cash have broken street date and started selling their lot. According to a friend some games are also available, but I haven't been able to confirm.

16938762_1399171503488128_2365914909191776222_n.jpg

kennyamr

Why is this a problem for you?

it shouldn't be a problem?

Then no one should respect release dates now, right ? Who cares, right?

Spoilers, that's why it's a problem for me. If there are games being sold already, people will maniacally go online and post everything about them, that's how it worked for FFXV, that's how it always works.

Skeletos311

Meanwhile in NYC, CND and Triforce stand in front of the Nintendo Store to be the first in the world to buy a Switch.

Spoilers, that's why it's a problem for me. If there are games being sold already, people will maniacally go online and post everything about them, that's how it worked for FFXV, that's how it always works.
IF this leads to mass street date breaking, which clearly isn't the case, the only harm you've identified is that you might be personally privy to more information than you want? I can live with that horrible risk.

kennyamr

IF this leads to mass street date breaking, which clearly isn't the case, the only harm you've identified is that you might be personally privy to more information than you want? I can live with that horrible risk.

ok I'll tell you the ending of the next book you read, ok? You obviously won't mind it.

Sizzel

Lol to be expected. Everything comes out early somewhere it seems. I expect Zelda to be excellent and I don't care about spoilers or can avoid them. I think very few Switch buyers would privately take issue with the chance to buy one early if presented it. I could be wrong, but if the store wants to jeopardize their ability to distribute Nintendo products and whatever other ramifications ...that is their choice

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I got my wii a week earlier from a local mom and dad store.
Pretty fing cool

Ozigizo

Nintendo doesn't distribute there, so this is completely third party. They also won't have the patch and won't be able to access anything online. If they try, they will probably be banned.

Seems like a bad deal.

ok I'll tell you the ending of the next book you read, ok? You obviously won't mind it.
Great analogy. How do you operate in life when anyone in the world consumes a book, beats a game, watches a movie, or anything else before you do. What about when games release in other countries legitimately before yours? How do you keep them from evidently directly downloading the information directly into your brain?

Meanwhile in NYC, CND and Triforce stand in front of the Nintendo Store to be the first in the world to buy a Switch.

i see this is still a thing... He was never gonna be the first person int he world and he knew that because of time zones but he will get his personally handed to him by Reggie when he is first in line and thats what matters to him the most.

koss424

Companies should be able to control their launch of their products. Especially when you are dealing patches and online updates for day 1.

Lucky folks. I always end up watching my shipping details hoping that this time, someone is going to screw up and get something to me early. But no. UPS always hangs onto it for three days and and gets it to me on release... Wish I knew a grey market seller!

Is this a serious post? A couple deep breaths might be in order.

I've never ever been spoiled of any damn story for anything online that I wasn't looking for in the first place. I don't get some of you and this spoiler lunacy.

I played FFXV two weeks after launch, and that's like a month afer the leak. I didn't get spoiled at all. What I did is simple, just don't look at the game's information or lurk around the OT. Moreover, there's no evidence that Zelda is also leaked along with the Switch. Calm down.

lol, at least this time I realise what is happening in my country by a peruvian source before gaf xD
I hope they bring Scorpio this fast

Top Bottom