• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recap of Previews Zelda Breath of the Wild (GIFS heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

3199635-2017022317584100-f1c11a22faee3b82f21b330e1b786a39.jpg

This is not a brag post, this is a post for people who can't listen/watch because they don't have time and doesn't want to browse 60+ pages of comments to see if new infos have been discovered.
And I like to make Recap.

Previews Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347188
I tried as much as I could not show anything that break embargo from what others members were saying.

When I put a SPOILER or WARNING SPOILER: I mean it! I tried as much to not put any

qy6F9Ea.gif

1) Previews were most limited to talk and only show about the tutorial area that we've seen last year at E3 so I won't repeat about those infos since this thread is about new stuff that weren't seen back then

E3 Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233823

2) Graphical flaws and frame drop rate: many testers mentionnend it briefly, please check the link below for more details.

Gameexplain comparaison: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347340

3) About mounts
You can have a deer instad of a horse
3199654-vlcsnap-2017-02-23-19h28m59s751.png

jevcPs.gif
- They can die
- You can kill them

4) Time lapse and weather effect

4) Town and NPC
This part was not showed but only talked in the videos, specialy the one of GameExplain
Wasn't sure what we were allowed to talk about here. But allow me to offer a bit more detail since it's been discussed (and it appears after reviewing guidelines it's okay as long as it isn't specific): NPCs have conversations that are literally dynamic. Their commentary changes according to not only weather, but even factors such as time of day and what you are holding or doing at times. And the dialogue is integrated into the conversation; it isn't a separate bubble or an obviously out-of-place blurb. It actually seems authentic.
NPC REACT TO HALF NAKED LINK: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5cP42NUsAMPtaX.jpg

5) Ennemies
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F393719%2F5ca3b9c4-900d-46d6-9a2c-46ecd0af55aa.gif

2CTSjf0.gif

NxRRpm.gif

You can use enemies agianst each other
giphy.gif

Stupid fire blob (Chuchu)
pgPPEm.gif

Same barrel can be used against you
LUuhMIH.gif

6) Physics
Repel a lazer beam
giphy.gif

Who wants a fast ride ?
Bd9LBx.gif

GZEEEJ.gif

Gravity hurt
3Gwef1p2s1VbW.gif

And let's never forget, from E3
Tz7XxqU.gif

Others
- you can have a boomberang as normal weapon
-
Clothing Dye & Customization
: https://youtu.be/x_UiD9blCTk
- pet dogs
- battle video

Great thread! That giant Chu-Chu getting hit from the guardian blast is so satisfying.

I'm hoping I'm able to register a stag mount at the stables; I want to go full Mononoke for this.

This game has so much GIF potential. That one with the shield breaking and Link dying from falling down the hill is too good.
you can have a boomberang as normal weapon
Also you need to manually catch boomerangs.

HeySeuss

Damn. Climbing the tree to get away from that big dude. Awesome!

Also what's Link using to repel that laser blast? He looks like he has a normal wooden shield but I'm guessing it's upgraded. Haven't seen that gif before. Cool!

Hermii

The first thing Im dying to do when I leave the plateau is finding out what death mountain looks like up close.

AGoodODST

So good.

I love the one with Link using the built up inertia to ride the box. I remember way back at E3 folk speculating if you could do that with the boulders.

The horse gif is great too. Man they all are.

Robiin

Horse strafing is such a minor thing, but it instantly makes controlling horses in games in general 100x better to be honest.

The Hermit

This is insane... I feel like I spoiled myself a lot of gameplay stuff, but almost none of the story.

I out of here

Glass

They thought of so many things, so many little details.

Can't wait to master this game and have every fight a gif-able experience.

That part about town and NPC sounds fantastic.

Very few, if any of these open world games actually have that. As much as i love TES, certainly not there when i have become the master of all wizards basically and people still tell me to visit the Magic place, i forgot the name. That stuff takes me out of the experience a little. I guess walking around as Trevor in GTA V and how people react to him withouth him doing anything is a good example perhaps. But that bit about Zelda.....man.

Chaos17

Very few, if any of these open world games actually have that. As much as i love TES, certainly not there when i have become the master of all wizards basically and people still tell me to visit the Magic place, i forgot the name. That stuff takes me out of the experience a little. I guess walking around as Trevor in GTA V and how people react to him withouth him doing anything is a good example perhaps. But that bit about Zelda.....man.

My reaction was literaly: Harvest Moon meet Animal Crossing in Zelda, lol

Nickoten

Neo Member
Yeah, have we seen that in any game ever? Seems like such an obvious thing to include to make riding a horse less cumbersome and yet..

It's in the Dynasty Warriors series, though it looks kinda goofy there. Granted I have no idea how realistic it is to ask a horse to strafe so maybe it all looks goofy to a proper equestrian?

LotusHD

Banned

I'm just happy that the Zelda series continues the trend of letting you actually talk to everyone, as well as enter their homes unannounced. Even with the addition of voice acting, they did the smart compromise of only letting the major characters have it, whereas everyone else does some grunts and what not.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This game is going to be extremely GIF worthy for a long time to come. Someone should make an online repository.

xandaca

I'll be honest, being able to cuddle dogs and have them follow you about multiplies my excitement for this game by a factor of ten. I was concerned that the Wolf Link Amiibo was the only pup interaction that'd be in the game, so very relieved that's not the case. Maybe Nintendo can patch in a kennel where you can name and take dogs for walks! This has basically become Nintendogs in my mind now.

So knowing we can have Wolf Link as a companion,
it's nice that we can have pet dogs. How does that work, though? We register horses but what about dogs? And is it multiple types of canines or...?

And as for mounts,
deer is a nice idea, but what about rams? I saw some in gameplay and they look pretty cool. Anyways, can we register deer, too, or are they just temporary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom