• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

I need to refresh my sales prediction thread later, I think most GAFers will want to re-adjust their estimates.

As for the game, a lot of issues seem solvable by 3rd patch, so I'll wait for that.

Just popping in to say I'm enjoying everything except for the way cover works and how you face directions with the shoulders. If I switch to a corner I shouldn't have to manually press the controller stick to change gun sides to get a better view, it was always automatic in the trilogy.

It's wreaking havoc on my ability to do well on Insanity.

Other than that I'm actually digging everything else, even the music.
Let the cover system grow on you. It'll click eventually.

Let the cover system grow on you. It'll click eventually.

It's not necessarily the cover system but the way the character aims. Trying to shoot left while behind a crate means I need to press on the right stick every time I want to switch sides. If they got rid of that I wouldn't actually have an issue with the automatic cover.

Another problem, and it really screws you over on Insanity, is the inability to manually save during priority missions. I had to restart way back after dying so many times because the checkpoint system seems so arbitrary.

B00TE

Having a few issues on the MP side and wonky optimization, but other than that, Mass Effect is gonna be my co-op game of choice again once I tweak some settings/stuff gets patched. SO much fun power comboing with friends and the new movement feels so good. Jealous of my friends, they both got Krogans while I didn't get any new characters from our initial packs. Did get some fun weapons, though. These ten hours aren't gonna be enough.

Did mess around with making my own Ryder while waiting for friends to log in, the customization options are certainly disappointing to me. That being said, I did make a Ryder I was happy with, I'll post her later if I can figure out how screencapping works since printscreen did nothing for me. Really excited to dive into that, but I'll wait until I can take my time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tried to create an handsome Ryder. Results ain't too bad I guess. :p

Sorry for the resolution. Playing on a 4k monitor will do that I guess and I really have to go to bed lol.

va1BfvO.jpg

IKizzLE

So yeah, got to play almost two hours, and heading off to bed now. Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow. I'm skimming through the game - keeping the "reading every single piece of lore" mode for launch.

There was basically no chance I was going to dislike this game, so it's hardly a surprise that I'm loving it. I really like the characters from what I've heard of them, and the storytelling so far seems to be pretty tight. Character locomotion feels great, way better than the trilogy or even DA:I for that matter. Jumping around, climbing, slow walking - all of it feels pretty natural on the stick. It translates into some pretty fluid combat too. I've only gone through like 5 or so encounters so far, but I've already managed to do a pretty slick jetback-boost maneuver that felt cool to do. Can't wait to see how the skills will play into all of this.

I have basically no issues with the animations, be it facial, lip-syncing, and definitely not the body movement. They're not blowing me away, but they're serviceable. In terms of the dialogues I've seen thus far, everything seems to be way more dynamic. I see a clear evolution from "Hey, they're fidgeting! Look at them nod!" (which is something that The Witcher 3 and Horizon were still guilty of) to them actually doing shit. Actually moving around, you know? Horizon always felt like the people speaking were on a stage or something, not actually inhabiting the space they were in. I haven't felt that way so far, even when they just did the "zoom over the shoulder" short little conversations, and I'm consciously paying attention to what's happening in that regard.

The graphics in general look pretty great too. There seems to be quite a bit of variety so far. The alien architecture has me intrigued, and I got a real cool sci-fi vibe (obviously, but they could have easily failed here) from the ark.

So yeah, couldn't be happier really. Would I have liked them to have somehow managed to give me a 100 hour game with absolutely flawless animations and incredibly detailed eyes with SSS and all that? Sure, but I don't think that's very realistic.

In the end though, I'm very happy that I'm about to be able to sink at least 100 hours into a new Mass Effect single player experience (I'll do a new game +, so probably more than that), and maybe even try out the multiplayer.

But I can't help but have a sense of trepidation too. Bioware clearly needed to genuinely knock every single aspect out of the park for people not to incessantly shit on the game, and they didn't do that. It's a very accomplished game from a realistic standpoint, but it's not flawless. And as we've seen here, people will point out every flaw, no matter how meaningless in the grand scheme of things, as if they're actually getting enjoyment out of it.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'm somewhat fearful that this will actually be the last Mass Effect we'll see for a while. At the very least, with the way people seem to want to talk about it, I don't think they'll be going into production on a new one after they're done with whatever their DLC plans are for Andromeda. And that sucks. I did get to play 4 great games, which is a good thing in its own right - but there aren't many space opera properties like these out there, and I think there's a distinct possibility that we might have actually lost one here.

If the casual consumer eats this shit up, you'll be ok. They'll make as many mass effect's as possible if the game sales well, no matter how much the GAF echo-chamber hates it. However, if the game reviews poorly on metacritic and sales suffer then welp....

chaislip3

Tried to create an handsome Ryder. Results ain't too bad I guess. :p

Sorry for the resolution. Playing on a 4k monitor will do that I guess and I really have to go to bed lol.

Kinda looks like Bruce Campbell

Anyways, thought I'd share my thoughts so far. I just got the Tempest, so I'm not too far into it yet.

The outdoor environments look gorgeous. Habitat 7 had so much going on from the floating rocks to the random lightning strikes, it really felt like an alien world. Firefights felt really hectic too because of the lightning.

I think the combat is great. I'm having an easy time adjusting to the new cover system, and I like the gunplay too. Biotics and tech powers are always great, so no complaints there.

The scanning is not as dull as I imagined it would be. There's some interesting descriptions and banter about what you've just discovered, which keeps it form getting too monotonous.

Performance wise, it's been fairly steady. A couple of drops on Habitat 7 when the lightning was getting crazy, but I didn't find it concerning. The facial animations are definitely janky, but if I had to list the things that I cared about the most in Mass Effect, facial animations are towards the bottom. Of course, I don't blame anyone if it takes them out of the experience.

I liked the Nexus. Exploring it and talking to some of the characters there offered up some interesting side quests. Some even want me to go to other planets to complete them. Boy, are the leaders on the Nexus assholes. Especially Addison.

I'm eager to know more about what's going on in Andromeda. From the Arks, to the Archon and the Kett, to the Remnant, there's a lot of engaging mystery. And with how coy some of the other characters are being about
Alec's death
, I wouldn't be surprised if we're not getting the full story.

Probably gonna put it down for the night and chat with the crew on the Tempest tomorrow before I head to Eos. For now, I'm really enjoying my time with it.

Bombless

Got to the Nexus and strike missions opened up...aaaaand the mp is a rubberbanding fest. For fuck's sake, the action is great but they just HAD to go p2p again. God damn it Bioware.

Lime

Sorry to bring this in here to the community thread, but I figured that people need to see how bad this clip and writing is (beware of very early game spoilers): https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

NPC: All right, what happened?
Ryder: To who?
NPC: To whom!
And your goddamn father! [awkward change in tonation] I'm sorry, my face is tired of dealing with everything and right now I just want to know what happened to Alec. Not how he died...I pulled those logs. What happened with...Pathfinda?

There's a lot of negativity being thrown around by outlets as well - GB, PCGamer, and Gamespot reviewer went out and said that the experience isn't tolerable for him. We'll see, but after the unveiling this seems to be pretty concerning, especially with how rough everything is.

diaspora

Folks, play around with reshade because the bizarre colour grading isn't doing the game any favours visually even though it's IMO a stunner.

Quick question, if I want to clear my inventory is there a way to store items somewhere on the Tempest without having to sell the items on me that aren't salvage?

Feel free to spoiler tag the answer.

prag16

Banned
Okay, going to bed soon, but as other have done I'm just going to throw some thoughts in here.

Unsurprisingly (to me) it's incredible so far. The game is visually stunning, with pretty damn good performance even running on a 2550k/970. I definitely couldn't hold 60 when things got hectic on Habitat 7, but I can still mess with some settings; everything is on High across the board right now. The overall package looks outstanding visually. Of course it's not on the level of Uncharted 4 for what it is, but the idea that Bioware mailed this in or fucked this up seems ludicrous.

The character models are fine (except for Addison; wtf happened there). What I've seen of the characters so far I'm definitely liking, and the writing, while some cheese is definitely in there at times, seems pretty much on point so far. They kind of rushed into everything, but I think it was a very solid setup; lots of mysteries to delve into over the course of the game. And I have suspicions that we haven't seen the last of
Alec
, at least in some capacity. No, the writing isn't doing anything super innovative in any way. But does it have to? To me as I said it's pretty much on point so far.

I'm really liking the movement and mobility after taking a little bit to get used to it, and the autocover with manual shoulder switching. If I have to pick out some negatives (aside from the facial animations which range from pretty good to pretty bad depending on the character), I don't know if I like the inability to manually save during "priority missions". I imagine that'll grind people's gears on Insanity. And that weird over the shoulder dialog camera is.. weird. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The facial animations are stiff, no doubt about it. But we knew that going in, and once I had been playing for 1/2 hour or so I almost completely stopped noticing. At least so far, as I suspected, none of the common complaints are bothering me. Granted I'm only on the Nexus currently, so I'm obviously very early on. It remains to be seen how the questing will be (e.g. Hinterlands in space?? That's my only real remaining concern, and a lot of the feedback regarding that has been encouraging).

Other animations are good; the movement and traversal animations are a huge step up over the trilogy, and the ambient animations for NPCs were solid too. There was one minor AI pathfinding issue that I kind of caused by boxing Cora into a corner that looked janky, but otherwise everything in that department seemed pretty polished.

But so far I frankly feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Yeah there are flaws, and I'm sure I'll see more flaws moving forward. But I feel like I'm playing a totally different game than most of the dogpilers in gaming general.

Sorry to bring this in here to the community thread, but I figured that people need to see how bad this clip and writing is (beware of very early game spoilers): https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

There's a lot of negativity being thrown around by outlets as well - GB, PCGamer, and Gamespot reviewer went out and said that the experience isn't tolerable for him. We'll see, but after the unveiling this seems to be pretty concerning, especially with how rough everything is.

That dialog line is drastically, drastically worse than any other line I've heard in the game thus far. Unless that becomes the norm as I move through the game, I don't care about this. What does "isn't tolerable for him" even mean? Again these implications that this is a profoundly broken game... are confusing. And I've personally seen nothing to indicate this was the case. EDIT: Just listened to his explanation for that comment and I don't know. His main complaint is horrible movement? Nah.

DOWN

Banned
There's so many threads casting the game in a poor light now, many of which aren't actually even about the experience of playing the game

Ridesh

Banned
There's so many threads casting the game in a poor light now, many of which aren't actually even about the experience of playing the game

The pre-release threads of ME3 were similar, people hated the beginning of the game, they mocked the femshep running animation a lot, trashed the demo and all that.

Then the reviews came out and they we're glowing, but this feels different, the way some sites are talking about the game, I think it's going to end with a low 80 metascore, maybe even worse than DA2 scores, and that was unthinkable to me some months ago.

DOWN

Banned
It's just disappointing that for those who were enjoying the game, you can't even avoid the pile on because there's a bunch of threads that are obviously about selectively airing out the flaws

prag16

Banned
I had joked about Sara Ryder derangement syndrome before. With some of the shit we're seeing now around general, I think we can move that up to full blown ME:A derangement syndrome.

(Accessorized with some nice rose tinted glasses for the trilogy, and even DA:I now.)

-_-

Dineren

Banned
After playing it for a few hours I have to agree that the animations and some of the models are pretty disappointing. Some of the writing has been pretty bad as well which I certainly wasn't expecting. With as much dev time as this had I really expected more from Bioware.

That said, the environments so far look amazing and performance on my PC has been great on ultra, aside from some minor hitches. The first mission was enjoyable, I thought it had a good balance of combat and exploration. The soft cover system didn't bother me at all, but then I hated accidentally getting stuck to cover in ME 2 and 3. I've also liked most of the character interactions, pathfinder worship aside. Thankfully most of the conversations haven't been as bad as the one linked earlier.

I'm looking forward to playing some more tomorrow.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The eyes are just.....bleargh. I've seen veins far more often than I should when a character's eyes try to track someone moving and just go wonky.

And this translates into the rest of the 'conversation' animation series as well. It's not always as bad as the gifs show, but I haven't seen any specific conversation that knocked things out of the park either, at least with default Sara.

Or why on Earth they would leave a shot of PB hanging there with her mouth open with you waiting to respond to her, lol.

As for combat, early levels seem serviceable as a Vanguard - nothing too special with limited power/profile abilities and low level weapons, but enemies seem sufficiently capable. I did laugh when Cora or I charged into a flying enemy, and then just....fell down to the ground afterwards when the enemy wasn't dead. I could go directly into nova still though, so that's a plus.

On the other hand, I keep trying to press A to get into cover, lol. Shouldn't have replayed ME3 right beforehand.

And maybe it's the cynic in me, but everything of the 'intro' dialogue, from the Nexus to squaddies to nomad-riding dialogue, hasn't really seemed.....genuine, at least to some extent. Some of that is probably me not caring as much to hear about the Genophage again and the association of re-treading the same ground, but I really hope that the character stories improve more once we get past Eos and into the pathfinding.

Also, on PC on a stock HDD (no space on the SSD), definitely noticed some hitches while Nomad driving, but nothing much otherwise.

edit:

Anyone know roughly how long of the story we get to play before they cut us off?

From a main story perspective, at least, they cut you off
Right after activating the 3 pillars for atmosphere modification on Eos, before the next 'step'

It's not a hard cutoff though, just a 'this is as far as you go, but you can continue playing sidequests, exploring, or multiplayer.

Dany

Banned
It's just disappointing that for those who were enjoying the game, you can't even avoid the pile on because there's a bunch of threads that are obviously about selectively airing out the flaws
Yeah. It's a post about some wonky gif followed by 10 posts reacting to Gif.

Oh I just wanna play this game now. 😭😭😭

So we could be seeing here a bigger disaster for BioWare than DA2.

I mean, considering that this game had like 5 years of development.
You kiddin' me? The animations are sub-par, agreed, but the rest of the game has been great so far. The fucking hyperbole in this place is killing me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally home from work, got a couple of beers, time to play.

Immediate first impression before even fully beginning: the menu theme is great, and man the character creator is absurdly limited.

BizzyBum

So female Ryder is supposed to be the canon option, right?

I just landed on Eos and I'm already 8 hours into my trial. Damnit..

Squire

Banned
Ooh, I'll throw my two cents in! I let the trial download for most of the day and went to a movie this evening (See Get Out you guys, it's great!), so I just played a couple hours a bit ago. Full disclosure: I'm a huge ME and Dragon Age fan. I am also a little tired of GAFs predisposition to dogpile the game. Here goes:

I honestly found the beginning to be a little abrupt? The opening scene with Alec's monologue is nice and everything, but I guess I was just surprised what immediately followed didn't quite have the bombast of the openings of ME2/3.

The voice acting is immediately pretty good, which is no surprise (at least not to me). The facial animations are a little stiff, but really no worse than anything they've done before. I think they're passable. They've yet to pull me out of the game or work up any sort of reaction.

The movement feels good, as loose as it has yet in a BioWare game (I find the OT to be very rigid). The jump jet and taking cover are a bit awkward, but I really, really think that's down to Habitat 7. I think that level is the crux of this game's introduction issues. What happens narratively is pretty intriguing, but the area is just so awkward to navigate. I'm playing on the Xbox and in general it can feel a little... chunky? Like inconsistency in milk or pulpy orange juice. I like the Xbox a lot, but I do think this is down to the hardware rather than the game itself (which I actually bought on PS4.) I don't think it's too bad though and if I had to play this version I totally would. It generally does feel very nice and I was worried it might feel like moving through a swamp after playing forty hours of Nier: Automata.

As I said, the story so far is interesting. I find the set-up intriguing and I think they have a good twist on the "chosen one" trope going in that you are quite literally a chosen one because of rather plain circumstances as opposed to some divine fate. The writing is generally pretty good. Liam has some stinkers he throws out, but everyone else is great. Ryder being freed from any sort of Paragon/Renegade rigidity is great.

What else? The game looks great. Generally speaking I think people will say it's not quite the leap up from ME3 that they were hoping for or expecting. I guess that's fair, but it's like the OT is still great. I just played some ME2 after New Years, so that's a pretty fresh take as opposed to strict nostalgia. Good is good. Mass Effect is generally quite good.

Bonus:

-The way scanning is introduced is a little goofy and tedious, but it's already growing on me. A rumble of the controller pro opts it for important stuff, lines are tied to it, and it just reminds me of Metroid Orime. The concept is something I've always found cool.
-I love how much Lexi there is. Like, she's pretty active as a character in the story so far. I hope they keep that up. Dormer's voice is just so wonderful.
-I really like how they tease out the profile system with Alec before SAM is handed off to Ryder. The way that goes down is way more intriguing and significant than I figured it would be. Seems like a catalyst for a great relationship and probably a mystery in the overall plot. I liked EDI a ton, so I've got expectations here.

So yeah. In all honestly, this game seems like it has a rough intro, but is probably, genuinely quite good in practice/extended play. I have a friend reviewing it too and she also said it was a rough start, but it's really pulling her in now. She's liking the cast a lot.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday. If I didn't have a midday appointment tomorrow, I'd still be playing now! I think we're all mostly going to like this one. :)

Yeul

Figured I'd share my thoughts since everyone else is:

I have a little bit over 2.5 hours left on my trial but I'm really liking it so far - though that was never really in doubt. My "complaints" are relatively small things. The eyes of characters aren't very detailed which is a bit disappointing coming from Inquisition but I remember ME3 having a bit of a "glassy" eyed look. These, in contrast, just look very flat. The CC like others have mentioned (and the devs are aware) is not great. I loved DA:I's CC and really the only thing that needed changing in that department was different hair-related options and better lighting. I'm playing default Sara until I see what changes come in the patch later on (and I haven't played a default character in a BioWare game until now). I get the whole "we scanned people" thing, but yeah, it's a bit of a let down.

Other than that, combat is fun! I love messing with the skills and profiles and since I never really played anything but soldier in the OT I'm loving the flashiness of the flamethrower and other powers. It's nice that it is encouraging experimentation and you kind of feel that way too since this is a younger group in a new galaxy trying new things. One thing that I will have to get used to is the inertia of the movement outside of combat. There's a lot of lead-in to the motions and sometimes when I try to slow down from a sprint I’ve found myself running past what I wanted to stop at.

Other than that and the weird faces you get sometimes, it’s a BioWare game there’s not really much more to say other than I’m going to put 500 hours into it.

Prologue spoiler screenshot below (not anything wild). I was messing with Reshade to get this shot to look really "filmic" and added more grain, etc. just for funsies in this particular scene. Kind of fitting since it is very hazy and alien with nice colors. Wish I had more time to keep fiddling with it but soon!:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm 6 hours in, loving my time with the game and the echo-chamber complaints aren't resonating with me at all. Only minor things like containers pausing the game (although I can see why they do) annoy me, along with missing out on dialogue/banter when I get to a story moment, wish it let the banter play out before cutting to a cutscene.

Game is very, very pretty in 4K HDR and it's got some truly great story moments already: those who are thinking the horde of haters are right, well they're way off base in my books. Best combat in any RPG I can think of too: amazing even....once the cover system, side swapping action clicks, wow....it really clicks. I even see why the power wheel was taken out, it's too fast paced for all that: this is true blue action at it's finest.

If you like science fiction, ARPGs or Shooters, I couldn't see how you wouldn't like this.

Also latest patch fixed a lot of the facial animation bugs that were about, so there's that too (for those that are fixated on these things by the sounds of the main gaming forum).

Maledict

One thing I don't understand is why Bioware have repeated the mistake they made with ME3, and Bethesda made with Fallout 4. You cannot throw completely new characters at us at the start of a game and tell us we care about them, and try to make them the emotional centerpiece of the game. It just doesn't work. You have to let us interact with those characters, build a relationship, and *then* make them the focus.

It doesn't even take long - some of Horizons early characters don't have many lines at all, but they have enough to make me care about them. But don't expect me to give a toss about a character I never speak too, and just get told they are important to me. You cannot tell players what matters to them, and you can't expect it to work just because you're told 'she's your sister!'.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Couldn't get to my ship as the trial hasn't finished downloading, but played up until that point.

I like it. It's Mass Effect. But I don't love it. Not yet.

One thing I don't understand is why Bioware have repeated the mistake they made with ME3, and Bethesda made with Fallout 4. You cannot throw completely new characters at us at the start of a game and tell us we care about them, and try to make them the emotional centerpiece of the game. It just doesn't work. You have to let us interact with those characters, build a relationship, and *then* make them the focus.

It doesn't even take long - some of Horizons early characters don't have many lines at all, but they have enough to make me care about them. But don't expect me to give a toss about a character I never speak too, and just get told they are important to me. You cannot tell players what matters to them, and you can't expect it to work just because you're told 'she's your sister!'.

BioWare does this a lot and it's always awful.

dr_rus

Has it been disclosed what happens to your twin after you've selected your PC? I mean, we know he's not dead but will your twin somehow appear later in the game or will he be in stasis till the end?

Xando

Couldn't get to my ship as the trial hasn't finished downloading, but played up until that point.

I like it. It's Mass Effect. But I don't love it. Not yet.

Well that's most of the trial already,

Eos is not the full planet and the cutoff comes relatively quick when you are on Eos

So, I wasn't able to get Origin Access with my cybercard yesterday and seeing the impressions I think I'll wait.

Buying it day one but I can hold until there are proper drivers and a couple of patches, won't be hard as I still have ME3 to go in my trilogy replay.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has it been disclosed what happens to your twin after you've selected your PC? I mean, we know he's not dead but will your twin somehow appear later in the game or will he be in stasis till the end?

(launch trailer spoiler)
We saw the twin in the launch trailer, surrounded by Ketts. So yeah, you'll see her/him later in the story

Jumped in and stayed up rather late to do so, because Mass Effect. After the first couple of hours, this is my review so far:

In terms of graphics they look excellent. It's really what you would expect from a Frostbite game. Only major downer is the eyes of the characters and some of the animation oddities that we've all seen by now. Director, I'm looking at you. Some characters feel stiff and robotic, in a way.

Story feels Mass Effect. It's definitely a comforting feeling returning to this universe after so many years. I feel like chasing down the codex entries which I feel are pretty indepth, interesting and well written. Can't say much about the characters though, honestly. The problematic thing here is that they throw characters at you and tell you 'this is your father, you have to care about him even though you've been playing for an hour'.

Character creation is, well, awful. I eventually managed to create an OK looking custom Sara but she's definitely not as pretty as I wanted to make her. It's just so limited. I can't customize the nose shape, the eyebrow shape or the eye shape? Come on! These functions very much define a person and they're trying to tell me they couldn't add it?!?! They had the ingredients for a great character creator here from Inquisition but they just threw all that shit out for a massively downgraded one? Not acceptable.

Combat is excellent. Firearms sound like firearms and the shooting is satisfying because of it (especially sniper rifles). Definitely a step forward for the franchise. My only real complaint here is that your AI companions are a bit...dim and you can't command them to use their abilities anymore.

Overall, I'd have to play more than the trial to judge the game fully on its merits. But right now, I like it and definitely feel pulled in to the universe. Do I feel they could have done better in some aspects. Definitely yes. Though not dealbreakers.

Bubble

Neo Member
I've heard things that Andromeda doesn't play well on the original PS4 (and Xbox One). Bad framerate and general choppiness was what I've heard, and I don't have the option to play on anything else. Is there any truth to this?

The thing about the father, they definitely account for that
with you being able to say "we weren't that close"
. I get that some people have difficulty attaching to characters who are basically an abstract, but you definitely also have people like me who can easily step into a characters role and say "Alright, that's Sara's dad. I get how father-offspring relationships work, so I get how I should be feeling at this point in time."

Also, they purposefully seem to make him
somewhat of a distant parent
, which is basically a trope in and of itself. I don't think Alec Ryder
is supposed to be the "emotional centerpiece" like Maledict said he is too.

Dany

Banned
I've heard things that Andromeda doesn't play well on the original PS4 (and Xbox One). Bad framerate and general choppiness was what I've heard, and I don't have the option to play on anything else. Is there any truth to this?

Giant bomb was playing it on the PS4 pro and the pop-in was bad. Like in the middle of a cut scene, Ryder would be talking, then it cuts to PeeBee and its loading her facial assets for a second, then it cuts to Ryder again and its loading his facial assets again.

It reminded me of the video game Rage, where you would pan the camera around and it'd quickly try to pop-in.

Bubble

Neo Member
Giant bomb was playing it on the PS4 pro and the pop-in was bad. Like in the middle of a cut scene, Ryder would be talking, then it cuts to PeeBee and its loading her facial assets for a second, then it cuts to Ryder again and its loading his facial assets again.

It reminded me of the video game Rage, where you would pan the camera around and it'd quickly try to pop-in.

Yikes. If that was on PS4 pro, I don't want to imagine what it would be like on a weaker console. I'm hopeful that Bioware will have a patch on their way to fix the technical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom