• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

murgo

Mass Effect is one of the greatest franchises of all time, or at least, it has a universe with a lot of interesting characters and races. How they gave the b team this game is beyond me. Imagine what a CD Projeckt Red could do with this franchise.

Yeah, I'm really disappointed. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan and even bought a 360 back in the days just to play the first game. And now this. Absolutely ridiculous. It moved from preorder to bargain bin territory for me now.

Lime

P0vJ0nf

veuEFtJ

Lucifon

The facial animations are so noticeably terrible in this. The lips look like they're pulling the derp face half the time. I thought it was just bad specific gifs but it alot already in the game itself.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why would they put the B-team on a megaton like Mass Effect? Makes no sense.

Makes sense for EA. Why put the real team on a sequel when you can get some map pack designers to do it and see the same sales numbers? After ME3 I'm not surprised that the franchise got gimped.

Andromeda is a final milking before they put the series into stasis. It's sad to see the incredible promise of the first game has dwindled away to almost nothing.

nOoblet16

I figured out why the running animation in this game looks so stupid, it's because it's the same running animation that's used when they are wearing armour where it looks ok but without armour it looks like shit.

So the Army of Two guys are at the helm of this game? I honestly played and finished both games and don't remember it being a janky fest as shown in here, in fact I remember it being very polished games with some rare glitches here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Guess the size and scope of the game really took a big toll on them.

So are the Bioware (Team A) Working on SW? New IP?

Mass Effect is one of the greatest franchises of all time, or at least, it has a universe with a lot of interesting characters and races. How they gave the b team this game is beyond me. Imagine what a CD Projeckt Red could do with this franchise.

It's depressing. It's hard to believe they managed to create an even bigger fiasco than ME3's ending.

pashmilla

Banned
So the Army of Two guys are at the helm of this game? I honestly played and finished both games and don't remember it being a janky fest as shown in here, in fact I remember it being very polished games with some rare glitches here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Guess the size and scope of the game really took a big toll on them.

So are the Bioware (Team A) Working on SW? New IP?

as I understand it:

Andromeda: C team

DA4: B team

New IP: A team

bigmac996

Like parts of the second gif, dosn't look bad, some parts of the facial animations looks ok, the she opens the mouth.

Something seriously wrong went with this game.

to me in the second gif it's how her arm animates and sort of settles like that. Feels very robotic/ animation school-ish.

Beth Cyra

As much fun as I am having with this train wreck and I most certainly am.

This is one of the most offensive things that has come out of the community in a long time to me, not your post but the whole B Team thing and how it's used.

Its a new studio and a new engine and the vast majority of teams have issues with these things being combo'd and it really seems nasty the way that B Team has become so common and how in such a disrepectful manner to these studios who are getting going as part of a larger umbrella studio.

I find it surprising that some journalists are saying they think the writing and general animation is acceptable. The stuff I have witnessed (about 5 hours of gameplay) is enough for me to not want to play it at full price.

I find it surprising that people think the game looks gorgeous, when the game has so much texture/geometry/model pop in.
Just watch Giant Bomb's stream. Driving through a barren desert and tiny bushes just pop-in right in front of you:
source.gif

This example isn't as bad either, but you can clearly see the middle tires clip through the new Mako. This stuff drives me nuts if there is enough of it--and boy there is plenty.

This thread keeps delivering, haha.

Anyway, despite these hilariously bad animations, I don't want to play the game any less.

Boy, I wish I could say the same...I have been craving a new Mass Effect, but it's too unpolished for me where I know I'll be complaining about it to myself constantly. At that point, it's not entertaining.

Sieden

Neo Member
In their endless desire to make inoffensive, not overly attractive characters, we're left with the abomination of Sara Ryder's face, who looks nothing like her face model. Meanwhile real Bioware (Edmonton) was able to digitally recreate Shepard's face model on decade old tech..

dr_rus

Real bioware is working on a new IP. This isn't even really bioware, it's another ea studio with bioware's name slapped on it.

And this new IP is rumored to be a Destiny clone. So basically a waste of talent all around. Can't say I'm surprised though, this is EA after all, Bioware is "fully integrated" now which translates to "it had a good run" really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom