• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda BOTW Patch 1.1.2 released

Arttemis

Tell us the upside of rain please.

ILJFBvX.jpg
Amazing.

I'll echo the calls for bulk cooking, multiple save slots per account, and improved horse handling.

RRockman

Banned
Ok so real talk here. Before the update I saved in font of stalnox bones at night waiting for it to wake up. It didn't wake up that night and I turned off the game. When I reloaded my old save after patch, it was already standing up starring at me!

Not gonna lie I haven't quite found that many (100+) and I did a moderately good amount of exploring before beating the boss. Am I Doing it Wrong™?

Unfortunately, it turns out that you've actually failed Breath of the Wild. If you don't collect enough Korok Seeds, Link does not have enough nutty deposits to survive the winter and his bloodline perishes. You've given birth to the Double Downfall Timeline.

D.Lo

I highly doubt these patches are going to dramatically alter gameplay elements, like weapon switching or cooking or adding new rewards for stuffetc. That stuff was designed, performance/framerate was not.

I highly doubt these patches are going to dramatically alter gameplay elements, like weapon switching or cooking or adding new rewards for stuffetc. That stuff was designed, performance/framerate was not.

I could see a few simple design tweaks based on user feedback happening but the priority at the moment will be on stability and pleasantness (performance) any design tweaks will probably be around the time of the DLC

FiraB

Banned
What a pleasant surprise, we can all have a pleasant filled experience because they adjusted/fixed something that wasnt pleasant enough.

/s

Fck off nintendo, what is it to hard to say what you've fixed or adjusted something? Go damn talk about a backwards way of doing things.

Almost like they dont want to admit the game has technical faults or slight balance issues, cant take away those 10s nintendo just give us patch notes!

ggx2ac

So anyone tested anything yet? More pleasant better mean less falling in the rain. That shit is very unpleasant.

The trick I noticed is Link can move up 4 times before slipping, so I move 4 times and then jump up to get extra distance before slipping down.

So it's possible to climb some cliffs.

TLZ

Banned
Don't see why you wouldn't? Frame rate improvement is confirmed, at least on Switch. There might be a minor effect on Wii U framerate.

I'm playing on the Wii U so I feared in quality downgrade. Also since I'm ok with what I'm playing I just don't want to risk it.

Toa Axis

Kakariko still lags like hell. The last patch didn't do much and it doesn't look like this did either. Boooo. :|
Welp. I wasn't expecting them to work miracles, but still, it's a bit of a shame.

The real question is if they fixed the Moblin ragdoll issue.

Firebrand

Ok so real talk here. Before the update I saved in font of stalnox bones at night waiting for it to wake up. It didn't wake up that night and I turned off the game. When I reloaded my old save after patch, it was already standing up starring at me!
This happened in the day 1 patch already. I actually don't know what causes them to wake up otherwise.

No.
The last patch did wonders on kakariko village on Switch

Welp. I wasn't expecting them to work miracles, but still, it's a bit of a shame.

The real question is if they fixed the Moblin ragdoll issue.

This is specifically in reference to the Wii U version since Horizon asked if anyone could check that.

I can't speak for what changes were made on the Switch.

Ed - TLZ repping my ass.

Top Bottom