• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch eShop now features Best Seller lists for each region

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't get how third party digital games can be so high in most of the mentioned charts, though. I mean, we've recently had an undeniable evidence that Switch owners strictly desire first party titles, not third party content. And such evidence can't be wrong, so it must be the charts that are wrong.

Solobbos

Finland's list:

1. Snake Pass
2. Snipperclips
3. Fast RMX
4. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Metal Slug
7. 1 2 Switch
8. World of Goo
9. Human Resource Machine
10. Blaster Master Zero
11. Super Bomberman R
12. Metal Slug 3
13. Little Inferno
14. I Am Setsuna
15. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

I appreciate the strong NeoGeo representation on the Japanese list. Though the fact that Metal Slug 1 seems to be doing better than Metal Slug 3 across the board tells me that not enough people have played Metal Slug 3...

trixx

How is I am Setsuna at the bottom of almost every territory? Yeah it released a year earlier and yeah it's expensive, but I think it's right after maybe shovel knight, fast and snake pass in terms of appeal. The only rpg on the system, I would've bought.

They need to decrease the price though, but it's same price on Steam

Combined the lists and got the following result:
C8khPwzXUAAd39y.jpg

How is I am Setsuna at the bottom of almost every territory? Yeah it released a year earlier and yeah it's expensive, but I think it's right after maybe shovel knight, fast and snake pass in terms of appeal. The only rpg on the system, I would've bought.

They need to decrease the price though

It probably did most of its sales over 2 weeks ago, its also not that expensive is it? I think its 30 quid in the uk

Zedark

Well, I for one am waiting for a price drop before I double dip. But more importantly, thr ranking only show the last two weeks' sales, whereas I am Setsuna will have sold most of its units on Switch before that.

I don't get how third party digital games can be so high in most of the mentioned charts, though. I mean, we've recently had an undeniable evidence that Switch owners strictly desire first party titles, not third party content. And such evidence can't be wrong, so it must be the charts that are wrong.

It's funny that the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen in threads like this one but always show up like flies on a turd when a negative thread pops up.

It's funny that the usual suspects are nowhere to be seen in threads like this one but always show up like flies on a turd when a negative thread pops up.
Lol yep! The negative people disappear. There are people who want to see Nintendo fail (I don't know why...) and when anything slightly negative appears they'll be in that topic.

OryoN

Delighted to see Snipper Clips in the top three in almost every region. Been rooting for it since the first in depth gameplay.

Happy for Shin'en too. They do such amazing technical work with just about 5 guys. Hopefully they can hire one or two more talented people like themselves with the revenue from Fast Rmx. I feel like a high level artist or two would do wonders for their games.

Well done Snake Pass! Hope it continues to do well and send a message that quality versions of games with date and price parity do have a chance to do well on the Switch.

wildfire

Banned
Zelda #2 in Japan? lol and people were like "what were these 100K+ people buying if they didn't buy the Switch for Zelda (physical). I guess they got it digitally.

Number 2 while everyone else is 4th or lower tells me that with a system based on 2 weeks data they had no choice but to try it after exhausting what they purchased at launch.

The charts are not wrong. Third party games can do well on Nintendo consoles, it's just that the ones that do well don't count for some reason on forums like GAF. It's upto the third party to design a game that both caters to the Nintendo audience, but also feels like a first party game in terms of presentation and quality.

As someone who only has time for one console and therefore sticks with Nintendo, I get this vibe from games like Shovel Knight, Snake Pass, Little inferno etc. They blend in well with the Nintendo offerings and I don't seperate them with first party games in my mind.

watershed

Banned
Good on smaller devs putting out quality games while the Switch is fresh and the market is uncrowded. Nice to see creative, unique games doing well.

tebunker

Banned
The charts are not wrong. Third party games can do well on Nintendo consoles, it's just that the ones that do well don't count for some reason on forums like GAF. It's upto the third party to design a game that both caters to the Nintendo audience, but also feels like a first party game in terms of presentation and quality.

As someone who only has time for one console and therefore sticks with Nintendo, I get this vibe from games like Shovel Knight, Snake Pass, Little inferno etc. They blend in well with the Nintendo offerings and I don't seperate them with first party games in my mind.

I think you missed Mpl's sarcasm.

noshten

On reflection I'm still surprised that Snipperclips is the overall top breakout game on the eshop.

I personally expected games with build in local on the go to do well. So things like Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Bomberman R 1 2 Switch were titles I expected to do best out of the launch games outside of Zelda.
1 2 Switch/Bomberman's price currently makes it a bit difficult for those games to chart highly in these type of digital only charts.
Snipperclips also got a bundle with JoyCons that's how I personally bought my copy - so that's another factor since I think these charts also count download codes/cards.

CDX

Didn't expect Snake Pass to be #1 nearly everywhere. I guess those devs must be pretty happy.

Also I thought Blaster Master Zero would be doing a bit better, but maybe it's sales are front loaded and not reflected on this past 2 weeks chart.

ramparter

Banned
Greece
1. Snake Pass
2. Snipperclips
3. Fast RMX
4. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
5. Zelda BotW
6. Neogeo Metal Slug
7. 1 2 Switch
8. World of Goo
9. Blaster Master Zero
10. Human Resource Machine
11. Super Bomberman R
12. Neogeo Metal Slug 3
13. Little Inferno
14. Has Been Heroes
15. I am Setsuno

3rdEdge

Perhaps people aren't ready to jump into a lengthy RPG after pouring dozens of hours into Zelda and want to play something less time intensive as a change of pace. That's how it is for me anyway. I'm definitely interested in I Am Setsuna and for sure I'll pick it up eventually, but a lighter game like Shovel Knight or Snipperclips is more appealing to me at the moment.

It's been a week since the Best Seller postings

Nintendo Switch eShop Best Sellers - April 11, 2017

Japan
1. Snipperclips
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. 1-2-Switch
4. ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug
5. ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3
6. ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters '98
7. Othello
8. New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
9. VOEZ
10. Super Bomberman R
11. Disgaea 5
12. ACA NEOGEO ASO II ~Last Guardian~ (New Release)
13. Puyo Puyo Tetris
14. Blaster Master Zero
15. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power-Up Kit

United States
1. Snipperclips
2. Snake Pass
3. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
4. FAST RMX
5. Has-Been Heroes
6. Graceful Explosion Machine (New Release)
7. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
8. ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. LEGO City Undercover (New Release)
11. Blaster Master Zero
12. 1-2-Switch
13. ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3
14. ACA NEOGEO The King of Fighters '98
15. Super Bomberman R

The Netherlands
1. Snake Pass
2. Snipperclips
3. FAST RMX
4. Snovel Knight: Treasure Trove
5. LEGO City Undercover (New Release)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Graceful Explosion Machine (New Release)
8. Has-Been Heroes
9. World of Goo
10. ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug
11. Super Bomberman R
12. Human Resource Machine
13. I Am Setsuna
14. 1-2-Switch
15. Blaster Master Zero

Feel free to contribute with more lists :)

Shahadan

I am Setsuna has not much appeal and if you have heard of it it's often for the wrong reasons. Not really surprising. Also that price is too high.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Glad to see HRM getting such good positions.

Linkark07

Banned

Personally, it is the price that keeps me away from buying it. Sure, on Steam it has the same price, but it isn't in top of my list, and I have such a big backlog, I prefer to wait for a sale.

Glad to see HRM getting such good positions.

It's only the Netherlands tho (my home country), which is definitely not as big as Japan or the US. However, last week we saw HRM also doing well in other European countries, such as the UK and Germany. That's why I hope other users will post the current best-seller list in their country's eShop. :)

EDarkness

I'm pretty sure the bulk of it's sales were around launch week. This list only goes back 2 weeks, right? The fact that it's still on the list is probably a good sign.

UK
1. Snake Pass
2. Snipperclips
3. FAST RMX
4. Graceful Explosion Machine
5. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
6. Metal Slug
7. LEGO City Undercover
8. 1, 2 Switch
9. World of Goo
10. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
11. Has-Been Heroes
12. Human Resource Machine
13. Metal Slug 3
14. Little Inferno
15. Super Bomberman R

TLZ

Banned
What a pointless list man.

Why not give it a few months first before jumping onto lists of scarce games tbw.

Or maybe a year would be better.

Berordn

Why not give it a few months first before jumping onto lists of scarce games tbw.

Having this infrastructure does well for longevity in sales. It's important to be able to stay visible in a digital marketplace, and the idea that doing well digitally will keep your title visible longer is probably a good move for wooing indies and third parties.

Of course nobody's actually taking this list too seriously a month in.

Charamiwa

Banned

You don't think it's a little interesting to see a game like Snake Pass topping pretty much all the charts? Blaster Master Zero doing kind of poorly?

Well maybe you don't, but there are clear patterns here and I find them interesting. It's not like every list is completely random.

ggx2ac

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is charting at number one four in the Japan eShop.

I want to know how well it's doing elsewhere.

Someone else mentioned it's number one on the France eShop.

Edit:

I mistook new games for the charts, it's currently charting at number four.

Not this shit Again :|

My 3DS account is forever locket in Brazil :\

I'll use my Canadian one like on Wii U.

American store is actually more worth it now since it doesn't have as much tax as Canada and it accepts our international cards (unlike on 3DS and Wii U)

Not surprised at all that Mexico has 3 NeoGeo games in its top 5. Metal Slug and KoF cabinets are all over the place.

If we had a Brazil eShop I wouldn't be surprised if that was the same case. SNK is widely loved here (heck I might myself buy some ACA games, I love me some Metal Slug and Kof 99)

Top Bottom