• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Creator Update brought back the lovely hard crashes I missed so much.

Can't wait until the team figures out what the fuck is going on with their DX11 client, NVidia cards, multi-monitor setups, and Windows 10.

Creator Update brought back the lovely hard crashes I missed so much.

Can't wait until the team figures out what the fuck is going on with their DX11 client, NVidia cards, multi-monitor setups, and Windows 10.

Certain AMD cards used to crash on DX11 before they released an update for it.

That's why I'm not updating my drivers unless i absolutely have to.

Hopefully it doesn't take them months to sort out this Creator thing.

Valonquar

Up to 215 minions now... missing Faustlet from Alex 8 savage, Wind-up Scathach & Wind-up Calofisteri because shit RNG, the 2 from Feast, and the spoony bard one from a soundtrack I haven't gotten.
jDFoaMO.png

Squishy3

Dragonsong is still such a good song.

I wonder if Stormblood's theme can top it...
It mostly depends on utilization for these for me. Dragonsong, for example, only being used in the gameplay trailer before Final Steps didn't make it as memorable as Answers. Also the fact that there are like 2-3 instrumental versions in the game that felt constantly used didn't warm me up to it at all.

Answers is so memorable because of its use in End of An Era. Dragonsong isn't bad, but I don't think it's nearly as memorable.

Now we wanna talk about something cool, let's talk about the Ishgard leitmotifs thrust into anything to do with Ishgard.

Stuart444

Japanese Netflix translated it to "Dad of Light" apparently.

Source: Reddit

Just did a quick search on NA Nexflix and while there are no episodes, it's also Dad of Light. Took a screenshot.

Why not just call it Father of Light. Sounds better than the other two...

Wilsongt

It mostly depends on utilization for these for me. Dragonsong, for example, only being used in the gameplay trailer before Final Steps didn't make it as memorable as Answers. Also the fact that there are like 2-3 instrumental versions in the game that felt constantly used didn't warm me up to it at all.

Answers is so memorable because of its use in End of An Era. Dragonsong isn't bad, but I don't think it's nearly as memorable.

Now we wanna talk about something cool, let's talk about the Ishgard leitmotifs thrust into anything to do with Ishgard.

Dragonsong went along with the crushing and bleak feel set up at the end of 2.x, same with Answers.

We're going into Ala Mhigo with a more upbeat attitude.

I guess I am more of a fan of dark and depressing, which was sort of HW's overarching theme.

Foxxsoxx

Whoever thought that tying SE ID to PSN ID permanently is a good idea should be fucking fired. Even god damn deleting the tied SE id did not help, cause the tie still persist through death.

I ended up using my wife's PSN account and completely new SE ID to actually play the game.

Yeah I have no clue what to do, I got my character in the low 50s and it's so incredibly discouraging to start all over...

Horrible, horrible systems they have in place.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I haven't been able to play for 2 months because for some strange reason my Square Enix ID is different from the one my PS4 displays, and that can't even be changed.

Customer support doesn't even recognize my ID that I use. The ID that is literally on my PS4 which can't even be erased as an account. Yeah they don't even recognize my ID as ever existing.

The worst customer support I have ever had to deal with... I can't play an account that I still pay for because of how fucked up Squares systems are.

I can go and log in with my email address on the website and it gives me a different Square Enix ID than the one on my PS4 that I've always used. But if I try and log in with my SQ ID it says the password is wrong.

What. The. Fuck.
Did you make the account using the PS4s virtual keyboard? SE IDs & email addresses are both case sensitive and since the PS4 virtual keyboard auto capitalizes....

[PlayStation®4] A notice to PlayStation®4 users needing their Square Enix Account Password

The ID (or email address) field in the Square Enix Account Management system is case sensitive. It's possible during registration, the virtual keyboard auto-capitalized a word after a period. For example, your email might have been registered as "Yourname@email.Com" or "yourname@email.Com" (with the "Y" or "C" capitalized). Please try entering your email address in these formats if it is not being accepted.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70337&ret=main

Maybe you have two accounts, one with none of the letters capitalized and your actual account with capitalization?

Foxxsoxx

Did you make the account using the PS4s virtual keyboard? SE IDs & email addresses are both case sensitive and since the PS4 virtual keyboard auto capitalizes....

Maybe you have two accounts, one with none of the letters capitalized and your actual account with capitalization?

Nah it's not caps that are doing it. When on PS4 you can't even change your ID but the one I use has lowercase on everything.

PS4 shows my name I've always used, vee_ex.

However when I enter my email address and password in the SQ ID site it shows my username as vee_rex.

However it shows vee_rex account as never having service, even though I'm currently on a subscription.

It's all sorts of weird.

I email them my situation and tell them it's for the account vee_ex, the one that is locked on my PS4 and the only one I've ever used and they say that vee_ex isn't an account.

It's a runaround from hell.

All I know is that two months ago my password for vee_ex stopped working. I changed to a new password using my email and the new one still didn't work. So I checked and noticed online it shows vee_rex as registered to that email instead of vee_ex and I've been stuck ever since.

I've used the account vee_ex for well over a year off and on. The only thing I can think of is maybe vee_rex was used as a beta name years ago on PS3 but I don't know what that can if worms would even open seeing as I've only ever used the very same email address for vee_ex in the past.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why the hell am I doing ARR relic quest now? Week 2

Man, that 9 book stage SUCKED. As luck would have it though, way back wehn I did a SMN relic and got to the stage after Soulglazing, where you have to do the four quests for four items. I was able to flag them and was able to get some dungeons from book and those quests knocked out at the same time.

On soulglazing now, but I have learned there have been enough increases to lights that I can solo Satasha in about 5 minutes for a brilliant light.

iammeiam

On soulglazing now, but I have learned there have been enough increases to lights that I can solo Satasha in about 5 minutes for a brilliant light.

If you're going solo, do Ifrit normal unsynched. It's only feeble light, but my kill times were 15-20 seconds on WHM; including load times I was getting around two kills per minute or around 80 light in the time it would take for one Sastasha (which I think is 48/96 on bonus) due to doors.

It's incredibly repetitive, but since there's no navigating or keys you can pretty much full Netflix it and bang out light super quick.

B.K.

I'm up to Proto Ultima. We're waiting on a healer that disconnected. I've died twice so far on Deathgaze. I'm not looking forward to the next boss. All the guides make it seem terrible.

You can only accept the quest after beating it once

I was able to accept it and I've never done Dun Scaith before.

Foxxsoxx

Update to my plight.

I can't even cancel my subscription. I get an email saying that a payment is going to go through tomorrow. I click the link to go to my account. I then go to the change subscription page and it tells me I have no active service nor have I ever.

I've been paying for this for 4 months....

By the time I go to the bank tomorrow the payment will have already gone through.

This is beyond frustrating.

dramatis

Update to my plight.

I can't even cancel my subscription. I get an email saying that a payment is going to go through tomorrow. I click the link to go to my account. I then go to the change subscription page and it tells me I have no active service nor have I ever.

I've been paying for this for 4 months....

By the time I go to the bank tomorrow the payment will have already gone through.

This is beyond frustrating.
You can't log into mog station?

Qvoth

did you have multiple characters at any point of time?
if you did then there would be multiple tabs on the mogstation like this

tab 1 is my old arr 1.0 character that i deleted, my new 2.0 character is on tab number 2

Foxxsoxx

You can't log into mog station?

I can. When I do it says my account isn't active nor has it ever had an active subscription.

I can't log into the game or anything because it's treating it as a different account.

I registered the game under the SE ID vee_ex.

For some reason, the SE ID is now vee_rex.

I just checked back to my very first registration email and it confirmed that the original ID was vee_ex.

No clue how the hell it got changed or why. I don't even think you can switch the ID like that.

did you have multiple characters at any point of time?
if you did then there would be multiple tabs on the mogstation like this

tab 1 is my old arr 1.0 character that i deleted, my new 2.0 character is on tab number 2

I checked mogstation and it doesn't show any other account on there. Does yours show on Your account > account services?

EDIT: Okay so checking my emails it shows two registrations?

It has both vee_ex and vee_rex as both being registered, well over a year a part?

The only thing I can think of is that vee_ex was a beta account on ps3 and vee_rex was one made after?

Still though, I have never, ever logged onto vee_rex. Again, the PS4 locks in vee_ex, and is the only one I've ever used. So I have two accounts registered to the same email address but for some reason only have access to one?

Foxxsoxx

Sorry for posting over and over, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

So I changed the email address since it kept defaulting as vee_rex to the email that both accounts are registered to.

Now vee_rex is set to another email and I hoped that it would maybe default my original email to vee_ex but the password change notification says it doesn't recognize my original email of having a square enix account on it at all.

This is so convoluted.

EDIT: Literally all of this would easily be solved if you could use your SE ID to change your password instead of requiring email as your log-in.

B.K.

Dun Scaith cleared! It got hairy near the end. There were only six or seven people alive; only one in my group. Somehow, they managed to last long enough to do the last few percentage of damage to Diabolos to kill him. We got lucky and only wiped once to Proto Ultima, when my team was down a healer. I managed to get one piece of gear, but it was arm armor and I had just bought a Shire gauntlet before I went into the raid to get my stats up a bit.

Dun Scaith cleared! It got hairy near the end. There were only six or seven people alive; only one in my group. Somehow, they managed to last long enough to do the last few percentage of damage to Diabolos to kill him. We got lucky and only wiped once to Proto Ultima, when my team was down a healer. I managed to get one piece of gear, but it was arm armor and I had just bought a Shire gauntlet before I went into the raid to get my stats up a bit.

The final part of that Diabolos phase he has a buff (debuff?) on called double edge which slowly drains his health (I believe it also makes him hit much harder) so you only really need to focus on not dying to mechanics

Got to i235 yesterday, then fumbled my way through Dun Scaith. Even after watching guide videos, I still got surprised by a lot of the mechanics. Especially the ones without obvious tells. I died over 10 times, easy.

And of course, I came away with 3 new pieces of armor. The one who dies the most gets the drops, right?

Arkeband

Banned
Still trying to find the trigger for the hard crashes - managed to get the game to not crash after doing some surgery and removing all traces of Razer Synapse software and Rainmeter. Also uninstalled all NVidia drivers except for the main graphic driver and PhysX, toying with uninstalling my G510 keyboard's color-changing software.

C'mon FFXIV, throw me a bone here, you can't be this broken considering you work for some people...

rubius01

Still trying to find the trigger for the hard crashes - managed to get the game to not crash after doing some surgery and removing all traces of Razer Synapse software and Rainmeter. Also uninstalled all NVidia drivers except for the main graphic driver and PhysX, toying with uninstalling my G510 keyboard's color-changing software.

C'mon FFXIV, throw me a bone here, you can't be this broken considering you work for some people...

I have all of that (except for the kb) and never had a dx11 issue. Have you tried looking in the event logs and see if something pops up at the time it ceashed?

Arkeband

Banned
I have all of that (except for the kb) and never had a dx11 issue. Have you tried looking in the event logs and see if something pops up at the time it ceashed?

That's how I've been tracking things down, it's a work in progress, but typically the crash logs are just like "it shut down incorrectly". Gonna see if the crashes continue tonight after work, it's too early to tell if my good session last night was a fluke.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If I knew I was going to be running a1s 100 times I would've leveled up GSM Desynth...

k1t4j

So i just preordered Stormblood on PSN. Hype!!

Do i only get the avatar when the game comes out? I received no pre oder code either I assume everything is linked automatically to my account?

Omni

So i just preordered Stormblood on PSN. Hype!!

Do i only get the avatar when the game comes out? I received no pre oder code either I assume everything is linked automatically to my account?

There's supposed to be a theme too but

Edzi

Can someone give me some advice for Scholar? I'm still only level 33ish, but I don't want to develop any bad habits. So far, it seems like I can get away with just letting my fairy take care of all healing while I do full time DPS, but I want to start getting used to micromanaging my pet since I'm assuming that becomes way more important later on.

Allard

Can someone give me some advice for Scholar? I'm still only level 33ish, but I don't want to develop any bad habits. So far, it seems like I can get away with just letting my fairy take care of all healing while I do full time DPS, but I want to start getting used to micromanaging my pet since I'm assuming that becomes way more important later on.

Depends on what kind of controlling configuration you have (I play SCH on a gamepad for instance). I actually created macros on SCH to help pair up certain moves Eos or Selene used since the action is queued separately from what the player is doing (I can cast a pet action in the middle of an Adloquim cast for instance). Basically always turn off pet auto ability using Obey, if nothing else so that embrace is used at all times to keep healing up unless you queue up a different ability. This way you also can actually use said abilities when you need to do so. On Eos I pair up Whispering Dawn and macro it with one of my two Succor actions on my gamepad, one for succor by itself and no macro, and the other with succor and whispering dawn to go off together at the same time. I also made a macro for Rouse which you get at lvl 42 to be used at the same time as Fey Illumination. Rouse increases healing via the Fairy, Fey Illumination increases healing done to the group. Use that macro and then the succor/whispering dawn macro and you get a punch AOE healing, shield and maxed regen with two button presses. I also created secondary macros for spells and off GCD healing moves should I want that extra punch. Lustrate + embrace, Physick + Embrace, Adloquium + Embrace, to do a more targeted healing so the fairy focuses on the one that I need it to heal more (tank after or shortly before a tank buster), I have separate ones that are not macros for when I want to heal someone a small amount and let the fairy go after someone else who needs it. Selene really is just a battery embrace + every 60 seconds/30 second haste buff till you start fighting mobs and raids that like to spam debuffs that need to be removed. I use selene all the time these days because Dun Scaith Deathgaze etc. I only really use selene's silence in PvP, it takes too long to go off reliably on normal mobs that you could silence.

Basically for damage on SCH; mitigate with adloquium before start of fight, cleric stance and put your dps up, hope your fairy heals for long enough that you can get all your DoT moves on the targets, get out of cleric stance for healing as necessary from there. Eos with that Whispering dawn set of moves can keep up a huge regen + fairy heal which allows for more room to DPS in dungeons and the like.

Mind this is how I play, a lot of people would recommend not doing macros for critical moves as ability queuing on casted/global cool down moves can sometimes have problems, which is why I keep all essential moves on a separate location on my hot bar and not macroed.

Luigi87

Set pet to Obey.

Selene > Eos, just 'cause (also I just prefer the abilities), albeit if in a party with two Scholars, one of each is good.

Sometimes for bosses it's better to Place your fairy rather than have it follow you, that way when you need to run to avoid damage your movement doesn't interrupt its healing. Just be aware of its positioning as knockbacks can send it off toward the edge of a field.

Galvanize on party (Succor) during bosses and stuff. For content at that level you can often Adloquium the tank at the start of a mob, then switch to DPS (Cleric stance on. Can basically go Bio II -> Miasma -> Bio -> Bane, then Aero around + Miasma II if close), then switch back. Once you get to higher levels your fairy will still do a lot of healing, but you decidedly become much more active, rather than less than 30 afk-healing.

Always have Aetherflow up. It's abilities are essential to Scholar experience.

... There's probably more that much more seasoned Scholars can detail.

Omni

I like Eos best

So much healing potential and utility. Means less overall healing I have to do myself, and allows both healers to dps more. Probably speaking from a raid mindset though and not so much roulettes or whatever where anything will work regardless of efficiency

If you wanna mix things up a bit, have Selene summoned pre-pull, use her haste buff and then summon Eos. You're not locked into using the one fairy for an entire fight either. Dissipation is your friend
For clarification, dissipation is horribly inefficient and so is fairy switching mid battle. Depends on context and phase transitions whether you wanna do stuff like that but yanno

I just had an "alt bonus" ask in A12s farm if they had to stack after soaking for incinerating heat. Yup, that was the death knell for his "I cleared on another character multiple times" lie.

B.K.

I'm thinking of making an Anima weapon, but I'm not sure if I want to. Do we know anything about what's going to happen to them in 4.0? Are they going to add more steps to keep powering them up or are they going to be replaced by Stormblood relics?

I'm thinking of making an Anima weapon, but I'm not sure if I want to. Do we know anything about what's going to happen to them in 4.0? Are they going to add more steps to keep powering them up or are they going to be replaced by Stormblood relics?

Having a completed relic will let you skip the first step of the Stormblood relic, but you won't need a HW relic to do a SB relic, it'll just give you an advantage at the start.

No, the Stormblood relic weapons will be a new thing, and will be somehow connected to the new area of Eureka instead of just beings grinds of old content like the ARR and HW relics. But it's likely that a fully powered up HW anima weapon can be exchanged to skip the first step of Stormblood relics, as was the case going from ARR to HW.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

If you are thinking about it, and don't have any other pressing need for them, I would begin spending lore tombstones on Umbrite (you'll need 60-80, probably closer to 80). Also, again if you're not using them, start using those leves on HW levequests. Don't have to complete them, just look for treasure chests, and stock up on Amber, which can be exchanged for another item you would need.

Anima really isn't that hard to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom