• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2017 (Apr 17 - Apr 23)

Calm Mind

If it were nothing....

How would it be?

3o7buirYcmV5nSwIRW.gif

Jaden, is that you?

Passose

Banned
Not really. I mean, they're clearly low effort stuff targeting the most hardcore fans at this point. I don't see them as appealing products worth putting tons of effort into attracting a significant larger audience on new hardware.
a radiant historia remake for switch would actually sell lol

jnWake

There's a big difference in budget/expectations when making a title for 3DS/Switch. It's clear why companies like ATLUS still make 3DS titles.

meltdowns for both will be huge.
PS fans want FFVII to remain exclusive, or just come to PC. (or just not Switch given recent conversation)
Nintnendo fans want MH to remain exclusive

lol at anyone saying otherwise tbh

What a load of bullshit
Who cares as long as they can play the game

I doubt they'd announce Pocket MonStars right now. Zelda, Mario Kart and Hype should carry the Switch basically all the way to E3. I don't see the point of announcing Stars right now.

I'd say if Pokemon Stars is releasing this year, or any Pokemon title from Game freak in general, it will be announced separately before E3. They have always announced their games separately before E3, I believe June 1st being the latest they announced a game for the year. So this could be it. Pokemon Sun/Moon engine and assets scale to HD easily. Have the game be a remix of Sun/Moon with Kanto being post-game. In Kanto post-game, you encounter new Kanto forms of Gen 2-7 Pokemon in addition to some new mega evolutions. The goal is to defeat the 8 gym leaders and face the E4 in the post-game to fulfill Kukui's dream for Alola. That would sell insanely well to new and old fans.

I expect E3 to be a major push for and have a big focus on Arms and Splatoon 2. I believe they said the Nintendo World Championships were returning this year which will likely focus heavily on Arms and Splatoon 2. I think Arms releasing right after E3 will work out in its favor.

Zalman

I doubt they'd announce Pocket MonStars right now. Zelda, Mario Kart and Hype should carry the Switch basically all the way to E3. I don't see the point of announcing Stars right now.
The point would be to get it out before E3, which is something they have historically done with Pokémon. It's big enough to stand on its own.

duckroll

What do you expect? Multiplat?

What do they gain from not having a comparable version in terms of content for the 3DS audience who got Sun/Moon but don't have a Switch yet? It's not like higher end models will be the only defining traits of the game. If it is, that would be really disappointing.

nah, a medium budget 3d remake

Atlus clearly isn't interested in that. If they're going to spend that sort of resource, why wouldn't they just make something more appealing rather than rehashing an old DS game? It's obvious RH, EOMD2, and DSJ only exist because they can be made quickly and with minimal internal resources while bigger titles are in development. Cmon.

What do they gain from not having a comparable version in terms of content for the 3DS audience who got Sun/Moon but don't have a Switch yet? It's not like higher end models will be the only defining traits of the game. If it is, that would be really disappointing.

Oh, I was genuinely asking what you expect. I'll be satisfied if it's Switch/3DS or Switch exclusive. 3DS exclusive would be disappointing though.

It would be very interesting to see the sales split between the Switch/3DS versions as well.

Theorymon

Bit off topic, but this Pokemon stars conversion has got me curious.

Would there be any way to make a 3DS and Switch communicate with each other besides just relying on Pokebank, so they could trade / battle each other? If Pokemon Stars ends up being a cross 3DS / Switch game, I imagine this would be a hurdle they want to clear, as to not split up their multiplayer base. I'm not sure if that's as important as compared to say, Monster Hunter, but multiplayer is still a huge part of Pokemon!

Theorymon

Don't forget that while Sun and Moon was revealed via a direct, it was just a logo really.

The actual meat and potatoes (gameplay footage) didn't come till much later, via a video that was uploaded with a small bit of warning. I wouldn't be shocked if they revealed Pokemon Stars this way, and this direct was for something else (and that's a big if it's actually happening).

I honesly expect Red/Blue 2 or Diamond/Pearl Remakes on 3DS before a third version of a gen. A third version of a gen is just a scummy release model and I really hope they don't go back to it.

But if Stars for Switch is real then happy for everyone that wants it. I'll probably wait to remakes/Gen 8 (whichever comes first) before getting a Pokemon since too of nearly the same game is too much burnout.

Don't forget that while Sun and Moon was revealed via a direct, it was just a logo really.

The actual meat and potatoes (gameplay footage) didn't come till much later, via a video that was uploaded with a small bit of warning. I wouldn't be shocked if they revealed Pokemon Stars this way, and this direct was for something else (and that's a big if it's actually happening).

Tbf that Sun/Moon reveal was in February. We're already in May and if it's a third version we're going to get footage.

J@hranimo

Banned
Gen 4 remake.....yeesh, miss me with that shit lol.

Then again....if they were to make it now for 3DS and save the next bigger Pokemon game for Switch, go for it! :)

Multiplatform would have made sense, but Eurogamer Guy wasn't super confident for no reason. It's not Laura Kate Dale or Emily Rogers. He doesn't share just any rumor. If he says it's a Switch exclusive, I believe it.

Top Bottom