• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.
Hello everyone.
There are a few things to talk about. So little time remains before the reveal! I look forward to the future.
Destiny 2 will launch on Battle.net - not Steam and not Origin.
Max level will be 20 just like D1 vanilla.
Tomorrow they will reveal a new pvp game mode. It is like an evolution of Elimination, but Elimination is not gone (don't worry!). At the moment, crucible - all of it - is 4v4.
Let's talk about the weapons.
Slot A is like Primary. It will work mostly the same as it does now. There will be no elemental weapons in this slot. Kinetic damage Auto, Pulse, Hand Cannon, and Scout. However, side arms will get moved into this slot and SMGs will be added.
Slot B is identical to slot A, but the weapons are elemental. That means that you get two primaries in crucible and ammo is abundant for both.
Slot C will be Rocket Launchers (with even less ammo, but larger explosions), Swords, fusions, snipers, shotguns, and.... a secret new weapon I don't want to spoil (but was totally in the trailer)! HMGs are gone.
"Heavy ammo" will have relatively short timers and many locations, but only drops for the person that picks it up. Of course, we've seen that Bungie can change this kind of thing with relative ease, so who knows how it will be at launch or a year from now.
Abilities are a really big deal. You can expect to see each class have a new ability that exists for the whole class no matter what subclass. Each class gets 1 ability with 3 options. Hunters get Shadestep, Warlocks get something similar to the bubble, but it doesn't offer a physical barrier, just the perk, and Titan's get a "brace" which is kind of like cover they can create.
Golden Gun, Voidwalker, Striker, Nightstalker, Stormcaller, and Sunbreaker will all return, though they will all see massive changes. Bladedancer is being replaced by a class that uses an arc bow staff. Sunsinger is being replaced by a class that uses a solar sword. Defender is being replaced by void Captain America.
PS
Trials of Osiris is gone.
It's called Trials of the Nine :)

Source.

Foxxsoxx

Can't that literally just be any person on Reddit?

Not buying it. I could have made something like that up and I'm not very creative.

I'm going to leak the game before the reveal but I won't reveal the new heavy weapon. Makes zero sense.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The all subclass abilities mentioned in that post are from concept art from a while back. Could easily be just some random person. The changes to weapon slots sound bizarre too and I can't see Bungie removing a weapon type. There's already enough criticism that there's not enough loot.

Deku Tree

I hope they have completely different subclasses. "Completely reworked" sounds like D2 is just D1 DLC TBH. Anyway I don't believe.

Hope that leak isn't legit because they better not touch my precious PvE breaking Sunsinger class.

EDIT: Although Destiny launching on Battle.net or with it's own client is the only thing that makes sense, there's no way this shows up on Steam. I'll be really surprised if it does.

Reminder that Battle.net is no longer Battle.net and is actually the Blizzard App, which should more than indicate how likely it would be for a game outside of Blizzard's handling to show up there.

i dont believe for a second that this game launches via blizzard app.

Honestly, it would make sense for them so I don't know why they're not doing it. Cut Steam out of the equation so they're not taking that rumored 30% from every sale and it would cross promote with Overwatch (something Destiny fans would be interested in)/World of Warcraft/Hearthstone/Diablo/Starcraft/HotS/future titles.

Call of Duty has never been big enough on PC to justify such a move.... But Destiny is.

Olengie

I hope Warlocks get cooler vanity items instead of a Band. Was always jealous of Hunters having cool capes while I only have a sparkly bracelet. LOL.

Milennia

Honestly, it would make sense for them so I don't know why they're not doing it. Cut Steam out of the equation so they're not taking that rumored 30% from every sale and it would cross promote with Overwatch (something Destiny fans would be interested in)/World of Warcraft/Hearthstone/Diablo/Starcraft/HotS/future titles.

Call of Duty has never been big enough on PC to justify such a move.... But Destiny is.

they changed their name to a point where i would hope most others wouldnt even consider it an option.

we havent seen another companys title even coming close to hitting the platform, so we wouldnt even know of any behind the scenes issues that may come with it, such as a tax.

i also consider overwatch a competitor to this game, they are both futuristic style shooters, 1 of them has pve, the blizzard games outside of overwatch are massive pve titles, it just doesnt fit.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm EXTREMELY curious as to whether or not it will use Steam or its own launcher.

I would love to see a Destiny launcher. Although, the player count being visible on Steam could influence even more people to buy it.

"It's number 2 on Steam???? It must be a must own!"

Why not elaborate on the open areas?

There are 4. Earth, Myriad, Titan, and Ganimede.

How big are the open-ended areas?

Much larger than anything in D1, but still nothing compared to a full MMO. The average zone is close to twice as large, and there are roughly 3 times as many zones per location.
There are 2 social spaces. One you get right away, one you get after beat the game.
Xur will be on the final planet each weekend, not in a social space.

Gotta say, this is a very disappointing leak.

Gotta stick to stuff lots of people know ;) Can't narrow down the pool too much.

Well then. I suppose he's taking questions. Even if it's fake (and it most likely is), it's fun to see what people are coming up with.
https://www.reddit.com/user/destinyLeaker/comments/6btea3/destiny_2_reveal/?sort=new

If those leaks were true, the biggest disappointment would be returning subclasses. I want all brand new subclasses!

But luckily the leak is clearly fake

So close
SWreHVC.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Really? You prefer having to face Thorn,Last Word, Hawkmoon, shotpackage Felwinter/Matador64 and final round Efrideet's sniper? Year 1 weapons were too OP.
Yes. Did you forget how much you used Efrideet's final round and loved it? Shotpackage was year 2 I think.

I hope Warlocks get cooler vanity items instead of a Band. Was always jealous of Hunters having cool capes while I only have a sparkly bracelet. LOL.

You didn't make one of each class?

*Edit* also that leak sounds like something someone would make up to sound legit with not understanding why the game plays the way it does. Im sure it's fake as shit.

cheevoman

Banned
I don't get the whole "next PS4" thing, last thing they want to do is have three consoles with three specs. Especially when their enthusiast-level consumers already picked up the Pro.... But why can't Destiny run at 60FPS? It doesn't even need to be on the Pro.

This is just speculation but they've definitely retooled the engine since the last time we saw it and if they turned off vsync, I'd be very surprised if Destiny as of right now didn't run at a variable 30-40FPS on a base PS4.

He is spreading lies , Sony isn't that foolish too launch another PS4pro which I assume is what he meant ,And not instead launch a PS5 in a couple of years time instead

Destiny2 will be running 30fps on Campaign and maybe 60 fps on the Multiplayer but with a resolution cost of course as Pro struggles to do both at the same time

Especially on AAA titles it isn't happening , not trying to be negative but realistic here

Floody

That leak looks plausible, but I don't think that's real, mostly because the Trails of The Nine bit, why would the remove Trials of Osiris when we know there's going to be an entire expansion based on the guy? You'd think they'd keep it so newcomers know he's kinda a big deal. And why keep Trials of in the new name.

Edit: Just seen his other leak.
So Xur is going to visit every weekend still too, despite there being an entire new mode dedicated to The Nine, seems pointless and unnecessary when Trials of Osiris works fine.

B00TE

Excited to see how the sequel looks and plays, as someone who played the original pretty casually every few months to avoid burnout.

The only game that has ever gotten me to pay for online multiplayer is... Destiny. Destiny 2 will be the second game. Can't wait.

But I secretly hope the game gets delayed to next March. I finish my MBA in March and I can take a month off to play D2!

Edit:
Being completely honest... I'll probably just spend the first several hours dancing around via emotes.
JL709.gif

The only game that has ever gotten me to pay for online multiplayer is... Destiny. Destiny 2 will be the second game. Can't wait.

But I secretly hope the game gets delayed to next March. I finish my MBA in March and I can take a month off to play D2!

We can't wait for you.

Sorry
Congratulations

Milennia

Activision Blizzard

they are partners, not owned
this is why it has not happened, no game has even been rumored to touch blizzards platform outside of their own dev until right now, which is every reason to believe its false until it happens

It would make no sense for them to change the name from Battle.net to the Blizzard Launcher only to then immediately put a non-Blizzard game on it.

Why not just keep the Battle.net name then? It's not like they just in the last year decided to make a PC version of this game.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
they are partners, not owned
this is why it has not happened, no game has even been rumored to touch blizzards platform outside of their own dev until right now, which is every reason to believe its false until it happens
It's not too far fetched though.. the launcher was only recently renamed from Battle.net to Blizzard Launcher

edit: yep, see above

Milennia

It's not too far fetched though.. the launcher was only recently renamed from Battle.net to Blizzard Launcher

edit: yep, see above

why then would they change the name to include their companies very title, knowing they will be harboring an off dev game? obviously anything can happen but this decision wouldnt have been made overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom