• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Main Theme.

Chao

These new Nintendo ips... They make me so happy. I've been waiting for these kind of games since the GameCube days.

They feel new, fresh, fun, and most importantly, they don't feature Mario in any way.

We need more new stuff like this from now on!

Servbot24

Banned
I hope this doesn't let up. So far every ARMS thread since the direct has a few threadshitters come in. It's become my new source of entertainment to sustain me to E3.

People are allowed to not like things. I don't really care for the Arms theme either, and I'm allowed to say so if I want to. Doesn't mean I'm "threadshitting".

Zomba13

I like when it goes from "oooooh"s into "naaaaa"s.

I dislike the whistles. This isn't football, it's funky boxing. Gimmie some bells what go *dingding*.

Infinite

rejoice.png

Ombala

That was pretty awful tbh like something they play during a intro dance sequence for a eurovision contest hosted in a Baltic country.

zeioIIDX

It's really great. The Mario Kart music team (assuming these are the same composers as MK8) needs to put out some damn soundtracks, they've been absolutely incredible as of late.

That would make sense since one of the tracks in the Arms Direct reminds me of Sunshine Airport in Mario Kart 8 (The "oh oh oh oh" melody part). It also reminds me of the theme to Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games.

Geez some people in this thread ain't got the rhythm of the soul to appreciate this masterpiece. That's okay, more soulful hype music for us.

love the music style nintendo adopted at the beginning of the Wii U!

Mario 3D world
Mario Kart 8
Paper Mario color Splash
Splatoon
This one

and a lot of other games

Really Jazzy

Can't wait for odyssey for this reason

Insaniac

This is some hype-tier music

I like how it feels like you could imagine an audience chanting while watching an arms fight in the game. I think thats why I feel like it is so fitting as the theme.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually thought the humming part was catchy. Though the stage music are far superior.

People are allowed to not like things. I don't really care for the Arms theme either, and I'm allowed to say so if I want to. Doesn't mean I'm "threadshitting".

I mean, people are allowed to discuss that opinion after all. After all, a post that says "I don't like it" is open for scrutiny as mucha s a post that says "I like it". With that said, the context was that it was "anime crap" as though it was typed down with zero thought. You tell me if that was substantial.

Opa-Pa

It's wonderful, gets me really pumped up! Honestly, I'm impressed. I remember after Splatoon I thought it'd be a while before Nintendo managed to pull off another original game with as much charm and style after it, but now Arms looks even better, and the music is big part of it for me.

Nintenso composers' fascination for latin american music will always be appreciated.

Also... It's been a while since I last watched anime, but it'd love to see where all the mainstream anime with brazilian carnival-esque music is lmao. I get not liking this, but seriously?

Budi

As others have said, the Football/Sports event vibes are apparent and really fit into the game. Digging it.

pswii60

Hate the ohhh vocals, but the rest of the music is actually pretty decent for a Nintendo game. I get sick to death of their usual shitty early 90s-esque MIDI FM-synthesis tunes, so this is a refreshing change.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Hate the ohhh vocals, but the rest of the music is actually pretty decent for a Nintendo game. I get sick to death of their usual shitty early 90s-esque MIDI FM-synthesis tunes, so this is a refreshing change.

It's a weird thing to say since the WiiU era saw a departure from that stuff.

I mean, did you listen to the MK8 soundtrack?

i just found calling my opinion "shitty" because you didn't agree with it to be uncalled for.

Really? come on, if I think its a shitty opinion its only my thought, not facts. Also reading your older posts, you seem to answer people in the same way (if not worse) when you dont like their opinions (yeah, i looked at them after you called me a moron, something that is bannable on GAF). Or may I start going through your older posts to see if its true or not?

The girl fetishists.

hahaha, yes, he seems to have a big grudge on them lol

This game set in Brazil or something?

No, but pretty sure the want to emulate the feeling of Brazilian football audience and chants and thats why they a re giving the music that style.

AdanVC

I actually dislike it very much :( those vocals sound awful. I actually lowered the volume when that song came during the livestream : / First Nintendo song I dislike in a really long time. All other songs sound great tho! Just not a fan of those random "Ohhhhh Ahh Ohhhuuuuooo"

Top Bottom