• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Lifeline

Haven't seen anyone else comment on this so gonna repost this here to also highlight for Dr. Worm when he gets here.

Dr. Worm: Why do think Dragonz is the more believable vanilla than BB?

You started the day of by saying this:

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

you and WAMD have some 'splainin' to do

And while you harassed BlackBuzzard plenty, you completely ignored WAMD and didn't ask her any questions or asked for an explanation.

In fact you went on to defend her when we started talking about her role name starting with THAT instead of THE like everyone else.

So you were not at all worried about Dragonz's claim and considered her town, why did you pretend to be worried? Why did you pretend to impartial and saying both BB and WAMD have to explain, but then went on to ignore WAMD completely?

I know people keep saying I'm attacking people for defending Dragonz too much, but look at this shit. How is not suspicious to any of you?

lynch BB please

What is this some kind of code to your scum buddies?

VOTE: BlackBuzzard

you and WAMD have some 'splainin' to do

Funny how in your crusade for the truth you forgot all about WMD who you now read as town.

Why did BB go Darryl, anyway, when that's obviously not gonna happen at that point

Not picking anything viable at the end of the day is an excellent way to not be held accountable for a townie lynch

Like Skyodin who you just declared town?

Although I haven't been asked, I'll answer in the interest of transparency:

I'm leaning town on SkyOdin, hey_monkey, Blargonaut, Natiko, and WhereAreMahDragonz. I'm leaning scum on isaacnukem, oreomunsta, BlackBuzzard, and acohrs.

Oh im so glad you could join in and share your reads that will surely make you look town. So your scum list is 3 people coasting and me. Woah man slow down with the risky choices. Your town read includes somebody you wanted answers from that afterwards never responded to you and Skyodin who placed an early vote(post 112) on Oreo and never changed it something you condemned me for and i voted on Darryl(508) 2 hours before the no lynch took place and i actually gave my reason for doing so.

[highight]Vote: Dr.Worm

- Swamped, 30yearsofhurt, possibly Sawneeks protecting BlackBuzzard or Palmer_v1

So now that Swamped has 4 votes on her, do you want to join in and test your theory? Or is this something else you're going to walk away from like the Dragonz attack?

Palmer_v1

WTF is Blargnaut

e: as in where are they?

They are like a majestic Growlithe I must pet. Majestic and completely insane

Welcome to the madness. I was willing to vote oreo for coasting, but had no particular scum or town vibes otherwise, though replacements for inactives always make me worry about scum.

SkyOdin

Is it me, or do these two posts from Dragonz somewhat contradict each other? At least motivations seem to change.

I want to go through all of D2 (at page 17 right now) before I make any votes.
That does seem to be a contradiction. In one of the posts you are quoting, Dragonz links to some posts that do seem to support her claim that she was a vanilla, since her reactions do have some of the skepticism I would expect from a vanilla reading Palmer's claim. As a result, I was inclined to believe her. This contradiction you bring up is notable, though.
I would be down for an inactive lynch, but I really feel ok with Isaac too
I'm on board for a Acorn lynch tbh
Dragonz, it does bother me that you keep looking for affirmation for a lynch, but haven't been moving your vote much. Is Isaac still your strongest scum read?
I will say, the one thing in BB's favor right now is that he has actually been present, at least.
VOTE: acohrs
Monkey, did you explain your reasoning for voting acohrs? I know why I am suspicious of him, but I am not sure why you are.

Natiko

Banned
Replacements. Replacements everywhere. Guess maybe it's good I didn't bounce, between this and Brexit recruiting I'm sure the well is about tapped.

Verelios

Ladies, gentlemen and you disgusting monsters feeding off the vile scum that is Pineapple Pizza, glad to be playing with you. Except you Pineapple lovers.

Let me go over the thread and get properly acquainted with what's been going on. I was just skimming over most of it previously so I'll need a while (not a day phase or anything) before I get my engine going.

That does seem to be a contradiction. In one of the posts you are quoting, Dragonz links to some posts that do seem to support her claim that she was a vanilla, since her reactions do have some of the skepticism I would expect from a vanilla reading Palmer's claim. As a result, I was inclined to believe her. This contradiction you bring up is notable, though.

Dragonz, it does bother me that you keep looking for affirmation for a lynch, but haven't been moving your vote much. Is Isaac still your strongest scum read?
Monkey, did you explain your reasoning for voting acohrs? I know why I am suspicious of him, but I am not sure why you are.

I'm not looking for affirmation. I'm totes cool with my Isaac vote right now. But if he doesn't gain traction and Acorn does that's where my vote is going.

Acorn has been flying under the radar and has contributed nothing, which i see as coasting scum. I'm making it a priority this game to lynch inactives so scum has nowhere to hide, and we will probably get a few of them in the process

Verelios

I'm not looking for affirmation. I'm totes cool with my Isaac vote right now. But if he doesn't gain traction and Acorn does that's where my vote is going.

Acorn has been flying under the radar and has contributed nothing, which i see as coasting scum. I'm making it a priority this game to lynch inactives so scum has nowhere to hide, and we will probably get a few of them in the process
That's a pretty extreme view of things, especially when you can count 5 or 6 players in the inactive range and then realize that there might be more active scum around to direct a mislynch. This train of thought seems exactly like Scum's MO. They gradually steer us to mislynch more and more players until the point we're forced to lynch or lose, instead of directing our attention to scum hunting people who have actually made dubious posts/moves.

That's why I'll just ask, are you fine taking the risk of lynching coasting town along with the marginally fewer scum?

Effective immediately, Nomadic Sparks will be replacing Oreomunsta.

Effective immediately, Verelios will be replacing Sawneeks.

r1YTE9Z.gif

5. I think banana peppers are the better sweet edition to a pizza than pineapples

At last we agree on something! Also sweet mini peppers. Hell fuck yes.
PeppersSweetMinis.png

Whew, lots of catching up to do.

Oh, I probably did. I usually do. FAKE EDIT: I wasn't clear but I've been tracking acohrs for a while - mentioned here (as top person-I-would-remove), here, and here (began sorta questioning) at least. But I might as well start my reads there and see if I still feel good about that vote.

So, until late today, everything I'd said previously about acohrs stands, because he'd been MIA. When he showed up today, he immediately inflated his post count with a series of meaningless posts, then votes Natiko for tying the d1 vote when actually it was Swamped who got the last vote in, which tied WAMD and Palmer.

Throws shade on Sawneeks on the basis of previous games alone, but does not vote her. Throws in on that "something SexyFish did" theory on the NK and offers what is about his only substantial post of the game--except it's not substantially. It literally only finds SF's one read post and adds "this was his most substantial post."

"Fluff" and "coasting" are words that get thrown around a lot, but to me, this is the absolute definition of fluff and coasting. There's no content and clearly no close-reading but instead the spread of misinformation. A good townie doesn't read a thread in such a sloppy fashion and I'd hope a good townie could offer better analysis.

I'm not saying acohrs is necessarily the worst threat to the game right now. But if he's town, he's not scumhunting and a flip may still tell us something. But this pop in, inflate post count, throw shade, and try to look like you're doing something? That looks scummy to me.

Of course, after I update my reads, I may change my vote. But I'm fine with this one.

Replacements. Replacements everywhere. Guess maybe it's good I didn't bounce, between this and Brexit recruiting I'm sure the well is about tapped.

Brexit would have been great.

Blarg,
I'd vote against him for being annoying if he wasn't "confirmed town". Sort of like voting for Kyan in Anime for his shit-posting.

Darryl

Banned
That's a pretty extreme view of things, especially when you can count 5 or 6 players in the inactive range and then realize that there might be more active scum around to direct a mislynch. This train of thought seems exactly like Scum's MO. They gradually steer us to mislynch more and more players until the point we're forced to lynch or lose, instead of directing our attention to scum hunting people who have actually made dubious posts/moves.

That's why I'll just ask, are you fine taking the risk of lynching coasting town along with the marginally fewer scum?

I agree. There's a lot of inactivity but my gut is telling me that throwing out a wide net on the low activity range posters is just going to net us the town player that scum thinks they can get away with misdirecting onto the easiest. It just doesn't feel right.

Palmer_v1

Go ahead and list both.

01. [m] isaacnukem - Maybe scum
02. [m] LaunchpadMcQ - 50/50. He's made some good points but he also has me in his scum list.
03. [they] Darryl - Early this day I would have said town. Now he's mostly disappeared.
04. [m] Lifeline - Most likely town, but not guaranteed, and is being awfully cagey for no apparent reason. I'm not inclined to go along with his plans until i see his flip for sure.
05. [m] SkyOdin - Lean town on you cause flat out admitting you weren't helping doesn't seem like something scum would do. Though I'm also amazed nobody else seems to care.
06. [f] hey_monkey - Lean town on her, but she gives me some weird vibes with how she interacts with some people.
08. [m] Dr. Worm - Lean scum currently.
09. [m] Palmer_v1 - YO
10. [m] Blargonaut - Still lean scum here, but he's started to contribute and swing the other way.
11. [m] Verelios - Didn't have much of a read on Sawneeks. Replacement doesn't help, but Verelios at least seemed active to start. Someone to watch for me.
12. [m] 30yearsofhurt - Not sure. Weird vibes here as well.
13. [m] Nomadic Sparks - I forgot Oreo was even in the game. I lean scum here cause they seemed to do the same thing in Anime. Nomadic, we'll see about.
14. [m] BlackBuzzard - Lean town, but I still kind of want to see a flip.
15. [m] Burbeting - Dunno yet. Maybe town. Asking a lot of leading questions, and has the same train of thought as me in some ways. I worry that he's deliberately being agreeable.
16. [m] acohrs - Lean scum for inactivity.
17. [m] Natiko - Lean town.
18. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - The end of day stuff is so weird if she's scum. Like BB, I wouldn't be upset if she was the lynch, but I think we have better targets.
19. [f] Swamped - I lean town on her. Day end makes no sense to me if she's scum and BB isn't.
20. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Scum

Is it me, or do these two posts from Dragonz somewhat contradict each other? At least motivations seem to change.

Y'know, at first I thought, nah, they match up pretty well, I can't agree. I'd even commented previously that I was glad she didn't get lynched after we got some explanations in. And in both she's worried about PRs. Cool, k, makes sense, sure. Then I re-read. It's a small thing, but it's definition a contradiction. See the bold.

Yes, I am vanilla town. The reason I did not counterclaim him is because I was, in fact, worried about the possibility of me being the ONLY vanilla, and the implications that could have for other PR's. It was discussed at length during the day phase, and I decided it would be best to withhold that info just in case, until I absolutely needed to claim.

If I am the only vanilla, then that means scum aren't going to target me, because they're gonna want to get actual PR's out of the way. They unfortunately know now that I'm not worth the kill.

I claimed because even though I don't have a power, I am still town, and I wanted to avoid the mislynch if possible.

I knew from the start that I was vanilla. I never once considered that I may be the only one, or that someone would even bring up the possibility. When he mentioned it, I didn't truly realize it was a role madness game, so it was at that point that I decided to withhold the information until the need arises / Palmer did something especially shifty / one of us flipped. I figured that if someone were to come back with some HARD PROOF that he was lying or whatever, I could, at that point, come forward and counterclaim. I saw no point in doing it that early in the day, especially when it may put other PR's at risk.

Didn't even realize it was a role madness game - this again?

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

And honestly the argument that it's putting a PR at risk is kinda BS, IMO. Like...chances are Palmer's not gonna be on the chopping block today (just my gut read), so someone else will have to claim probably. It's kinda inevitable that at least one other role is put at risk.

Huh. That definitely seems to contradict.

I also don't see anything to make me think she was surprised at the game being revealed as role madness or not being aware. I have a hard time in general with this idea that several seasoned players just didn't notice what they were signing up for, too. I mean, I guess it's possible. But it feels pretty unbelievable.

If you lynch coasting town, nothing of value is lost because they're not discussing anyway.

It's a risk in willing to take. In the past several games I've played, either scum or town, scum has always been able to hide in the shadows and it's something I think we should take into serious consideration if we want a town win.

That's not to say we shouldn't think each choice through, but it may be a good starting point.

Y'know, at first I thought, nah, they match up pretty well, I can't agree. I'd even commented previously that I was glad she didn't get lynched after we got some explanations in. And in both she's worried about PRs. Cool, k, makes sense, sure. Then I re-read. It's a small thing, but it's definition a contradiction. See the bold.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

I also don't see anything to make me think she was surprised at the game being revealed as role madness or not being aware. I have a hard time in general with this idea that several seasoned players just didn't notice what they were signing up for, too. I mean, I guess it's possible. But it feels pretty unbelievable.

I jumped from anime into this on the same day. I just wanted to play mafia; I had no idea that Sophia had mentioned it before.

Darryl

Banned
I don't know how I've mostly disappeared when I'm blue or green texted on a third of the posts on the most recent page and I'm pushing the most active lynch right now with LL.

06. [f] hey_monkey - Lean town on her, but she gives me some weird vibes with how she interacts with some people.

Dragonz said the same thing, almost word for word. And I don't even really know what it means. Maybe post-game someone can clue me in as to how I can not vibe all over the place or whatever. (seriously, I don't like that I'm somehow undermining myself when I'm working my cheeks off over here)

Palmer_v1

The problem is that if none of the inactive town die, the game eventually goes bad because scum can easily guide the lazy players once they NK anyone useful. You also can't catch scum in lies when they never say anything of substance to begin with.

Palmer_v1

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

For the record, I didn't actually know it was role madness until I received my role either.

I think you gotta do both. You check the inactives to see what they've actually done. If they're throwing something out here or there or they have a bad time zone or whatever it may just be not great play. They're no loss if they get lynched, but you don't really start there. You look at the ones who are trying to LOOK active but doing actually nothing. They may even have the base post number, but they're just summarizing or head nodding. These are dangerous.

And you look too at the inconsistent posters. And you evaluate the threats. But the above? Yeah, I'll agree with others, it's a good first place to start. But I think doing anything to extremes without solid analysis is bad plan, man.

Palmer_v1

I don't know how I've mostly disappeared when I'm blue or green texted on a third of the posts on the most recent page and I'm pushing the most active lynch right now with LL.

Scrolled back and you're right. You're not someone I would worry about inactivity for at the moment.

For the record, I didn't actually know it was role madness until I received my role either.

You know, I started to say oh, well, at least you did figure it out though, but then I thought... and what's in your role PM that would indicate that? There's nothing in mine.

Anyway, I've belabored what people knew or didn't know and my disbelieve (y'all.) but who knows, maybe vets don't pay as much attention because they already know everything. But Dragonz, could you kindly look back at the other parts of my post that quotes your previous posts? Re: motivations and power roles?

Lifeline, kindly paraphrase the PM you received when you were delivered that slice of pineapple life... line.

Mean-fucking-while; fucking par-fucking-ticipate in my fucking "read teams" pro-fucking-gram, why fuck-fucking-ing don't you all fucking?

If you all fucking don't fucking read like Burbeting fucking does, then fucking enrol in my fucking simple two-fucking-step fucking introductory program on how to fucking glean fucking meaning from fucking what fucking others fucking say about fucking you and those fucking around you.

Do you honestly fucking BELIEVE it's in your collective Town-fucking worst interests to fucking slip your figurative fucking two cents into this fucking tip jar

THERE. ISN'T. A. SERVICE CHARGE.

Palmer_v1

You know, I started to say oh, well, at least you did figure it out though, but then I thought... and what's in your role PM that would indicate that? There's nothing in mine.

It's nothing to do with my role PM and I already regret mentioning it, because I feel like it violates the spirit of the game to discuss it. It's nothing that Sophia doesn't know about. Leave it at that, please.

Palmer_v1

Lifeline, kindly paraphrase the PM you received when you were delivered that slice of pineapple life... line.

Mean-fucking-while; fucking par-fucking-ticipate in my fucking "read teams" pro-fucking-gram, why fuck-fucking-ing don't you all fucking?

If you all fucking don't fucking read like Burbeting fucking does, then fucking enrol in my fucking simple two-fucking-step fucking introductory program on how to fucking glean fucking meaning from fucking what fucking others fucking say about fucking you and those fucking around you.

Do you honestly fucking BELIEVE it's in your collective Town-fucking worst interests to fucking slip your figurative fucking two cents into this fucking tip jar

THERE. ISN'T. A. SERVICE CHARGE.

Is my list above sufficient for you?

Anyway, I've belabored what people knew or didn't know and my disbelieve (y'all.) but who knows, maybe vets don't pay as much attention because they already know everything. But Dragonz, could you kindly look back at the other parts of my post that quotes your previous posts? Re: motivations and power roles?

Yep.

I wanted to play it so that it wouldn't be totally obvious that I knew Palmer's "only vanilla" thing was a lie. If I was too agreeing with him it would have come up as suspicious and my counterclaim at a later point would have less impact

Lifeline why are you lying about being Poisoned/Doused

I come up with a convenient explanation and you eat it right up, don't you. That's why you won't communicate the deets to us, you won't paraphrase; because, you rolled, but you just couldn't pass that Charisma check when it ambushed you, that page, couldn't you

So now you're just HOLDING on and STALLING for dear Lifeline. You're selfish, Lifeline. Ramifications, Lifeline. WAMD? There are consequences.

You're just using my guess to hide behind a veil of imminent demise so scum don't target your sole confirmed-Town ass Tonight, aren't you?

I digress. I can understand that.

Can you?

I don't know how to do a sonnet nor am I clever enough to come up with a decent limerick.

So, you're consciously avoiding Darryl, and you'd rather leave hey_monkey and isaacnukem to better players than you for deep-reading because Palmer lacks self-confidence.

Palmer, who do you think's superior to you?

Top Bottom