• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump tells confidants U.S. will quit Paris climate deal

Vena

The way our political system distributes power prevents them from being truly irrelevant.

The economies of some of these locations are resting on a knife's edge right now, they will eventually simply disappear because their economies will completely collapse.

But what you say is still true.

Link

The Autumn Wind
From the other thread:

Everyone already knew this. In classic Trump fashion, he's a coward in front of other people, so of course he told all the other leaders he'd think about it while over there, then as soon as he doesn't have to face anyone, his true opinion comes out.

Is there a reasoning as to why he is doing this?

Quite simply, if we dont agree to any of this, we can rape the environment and bring value to oil companies and coal companies and auto manufacturers. Sure coal is never coming back, ever, including jobs and sure, auto manufacturers need to compete in other nations (and even CA) with higher MPG requirements, and sure we can try to move off of oil to something else (electric cars and hybrids are getting better and better). However, Republicans hate everything that isnt white and rich. Also because of Obama and his desire to be a good president and think about future generations and because hes a black man. So basically fuck Obama and future generations is the GOP mantra and its been this way for years. I truly wish they would drown themselves in the oil.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Of course. He's just too cowardly to do it on the world stage, in front of all these powerful and respectable leaders.

It's ok. The FBI will save us any minute now.

Can you just stop this shit? You're very concerned about lack of action (ignoring anything that is action or movement) but all you do is fucking whine about it in every possible thread. I'm doing something about it. Other people are doing something about it. But your entire contribution is negative thread shittery and derailed conversation.

RPGCrazied

He's an idiot. Just this morning he was tweeting that he would make his decision by next week like it was some sort of TV show teaser. He literally thinks this is a TV show. Its disgusting.

Gutek

Can you just stop this shit? You're very concerned about lack of action (ignoring anything that is action or movement) but all you do is fucking whine about it in every possible thread. I'm doing something about it. Other people are doing something about it. But your entire contribution is negative thread shittery and derailed conversation.

How the fuck would you even know?

Link

The Autumn Wind
He's an idiot. Just this morning he was tweeting that he would make his decision by next week like it was some sort of TV show teaser. He literally thinks this is a TV show. Its disgusting.
He needs to make sure he's back in his safe space when he makes the announcement.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
23Y4fjT.jpg

Opto

Banned
We're already past the point of being able to have a decent reaction to global warming.

Trump's putting his foot on the accelerator because none of his family will suffer from it. Any justice in this world would strip him and his family of all holdings and property so they'll suffer like anyone else.

These people are tremendously dangerous, and their threat extents past the American borders. I truly believe the American dissidents mantra and action should be revolt, not resist.

In a way, this might be the best outcome regarding him.

I mean, if he said he was going to stay in, it wasn't like he was going to enact any policies to keep his word on it. He'd just get a few words of praise and continue on like normal.

With him pulling out, he basically sends the shocking message that the US is not joining in with the rest of the world, when they had previously led the efforts on this. This could very well be a danger sign to other participating nations that would cause them to double down on their efforts to switch to renewables.

Too optimistic thinking? Maybe. But IMO anything he does that makes him look more disgusting on a national level only helps and energize the people fighting against him.

The renewable energy revolution can slow without having the backing of the US government, but it cannot be stopped. No matter how hard he tries, Trump can't bring coal back.

With this move, he's only further damaging his reputation along with the US. The president after him is going to have a LOT to do to patch things up with other nations.

If Germany could recover from Hitler, then America can certainly recover from Trump.

Pomerlaw

he can do whatever the shit he wants. The world will move to green energy sooner or later.

Americans will look like fools and lose an edge on the green market, but the world won't follow.

i-Lo

Yes, millions of people suffering! Such delicious karma! You make me sick.

An unfortunate reality is that suffering that reminds us to what's most important and their value and deters us from making the same mistakes (until we eventually forget). There is reason why Germany has not only become one of the greatest economic powers of EU but also one of the most sensible when it comes electing people who will not doom the country to repeat missteps of the past. Furthermore, they have checks in places so that such individuals never receive the same power again.

Moving over to climate accord, all of EU has its both feet planted into the future. I wonder how many countries will actually be able to meet the requirements but at the least they have a goal set. For the next 2-4 (or even 8) years, our southern neighbour will keep on regressing on multiple fronts (climate, education, separation of church and state & LGBT rights, minority rights etc). And when millions of people within US and outside will really start to suffer the consequences in the years to come, including the whites, perhaps then the electoral college will choose wisely after more people decide to show up to vote.

OT:
I don't believe in Karma. From what I understand, it's cyclical on a cosmic level. From slavery whose symbolism is still celebrated to this day among certain people, to the japanese internment camps, to dropping nuclear bombs (a effective and efficient tactical decision which cost hundreds of thousands of lives nonetheless), to removing democratically elected Iranian leader, to equipping the same people who became Al-Qaida, to going to war in the middle east under the pretense of WMDs (POS Saddam is gone and now we have ISIL), etc, are reasons enough to worry about Karma. Even, us Canadians are guilty to cultural genocide of the natives and we are and will be paying the price for that.

the_id

he can do whatever the shit he wants. The world will move to green energy sooner or later.

Americans will look like fools and lose an edge on the green market, but the world won't follow.

Pretty much. And I'm glad China is taking the lead.

Astral Dog

Both parties are the same.

Hillary would have quit the Paris accords too and would sell the U.S. Reputation down the river to pay for a shitty condo building with shady Russian financing while constantly tweeting racist inanities..
Its sarcasm,but is shitty

ggx2ac

Fuck you for destroying our planet, you ignorant science-denying fuck.

The US is so fucking regressive in this regard, can't even really be seen as a modern first-world country in many ways.

Again, the planet isn't going to be destroyed. It's just humanity and many other species that will become extinct.

Top Bottom