• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins screenshot leaks, new details (AC4 team, Naval combat, more)

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm I still hope it's today but multiple people are now saying E3.

I have been saying E3 for weeks despite rumors of an early teaser trailer and im happy that Ubisoft is waiting until E3. I'm fully expecting it to be revealed at Microsoft's press conference with a long gameplay video and hoping for a second different gameplay video at Ubisoft's press conference.

So hyped for E3!!! Love that the publishers are waiting for their press conferences which quite honestly is what they all should do.

sjay1994

I have been saying E3 for weeks despite rumors of an early teaser trailer and im happy that Ubisoft is waiting until E3. I'm fully expecting it to be revealed at Microsoft's press conference with a long gameplay video and hoping for a second different gameplay video at Ubisoft's press conference.

So hyped for E3!!! Love that the publishers are waiting for their press conferences which quite honestly is what they all should do.

They are going to wait for E3.

Unity was supposed to be revealed at E3, but Kotaku forced their hands when they released those unflattering alpha build screenshots of the game.

And Syndicate's early reveal was a means to deal with the negative reception Unity recieved.

The leaked screens for Origin's are not unflattering, so they are probably waiting for E3

I need to create my AC leaker reddit post to provide counter info to all other info:

-Smallest world ever
-Based in Montana, Wild West
-Only control character named Desmond
-Also control a female protagonist named Desmond
-Neither related to previous Desmond
-One boat that looks exactly like a car
-Most collectables ever
-All collectables are invisible

I need to create my AC leaker reddit post to provide counter info to all other info:

-Smallest world ever
-Based in Montana, Wild West
-Only control character named Desmond
-Also control a female protagonist named Desmond
-Neither related to previous Desmond
-One boat that looks exactly like a car
-Most collectables ever
-All collectables are invisible

Need to buy Abstergo points to complete the story chapters

Yoday

They are going to wait for E3.

Unity was supposed to be revealed at E3, but Kotaku forced their hands when they released those unflattering alpha build screenshots of the game.

And Syndicate's early reveal was a means to deal with the negative reception Unity recieved.

The leaked screens for Origin's are not unflattering, so they are probably waiting for E3
I would prefer they wait for E3 as long as there are no further leaks. I'd much rather get the first look at a conference.

Toa TAK

Banned
Wasn't your girlfriend evil or something? I can't quite remember, so I guess your point stands either way..
Oh yes

Kristen Bell was a Templar double agent the whole time

And it gets revealed in DLC

Shitty, First-person platforming DLC

Thank God the main game with Ezio and Altair was good.

Oh yes

Don't forget the slideshow presentation. They revealed she was a double agent in a slideshow presentation, LMAO.

In reality what really happened was Ubi had written themselves into a box and decided to kill her off at the last minute and not really address it at all the in the sequels.

Toa TAK

Banned
Don't forget the slideshow presentation. They revealed she was a double agent in a slideshow presentation, LMAO.

In reality what really happened was Ubi had written themselves into a box and decided to kill her off at the last minute and not really address it at all the in the sequels.
I swear, there could've been a better way. Anything but more of those FPPlatforming segments.😔

sjay1994

Oh yes

"We can't pay Kristen Bell anymore! Disney is making a better offer for her to do some CG movie about an Ice Princess! What do we do?"

"Eh, fuck it. Kill her and say she was a triple agent all along. It will totally be character coherent"

When Kristen left, they made Lucy into a villain so hilariously irredeemable, it felt petty.

sjay1994

I swear, there could've been a better way. Anything but more of those FPPlatforming segments.😔

Oh and since I always enjoy ranting about AC with you.

Remember Juno telling Desmond to find Eve? Yeah... that panned out and had a satisfying conclusion.

Totally.

(The AC modern day is a fucking mess, and those new comics are terrible)

Oh and since I always enjoy ranting about AC with you.

Remember Juno telling Desmond to find Eve? Yeah... that panned out and had a satisfying conclusion.

Totally.

(The AC modern day is a fucking mess, and those new comics are terrible)

I don't even remember this, lol. Sad, because I think they could have done something really interesting with the modern setting. I remember thinking this will all lead up to a game in the modern world after he had learned all his skills. But nope.

sjay1994

I don't even remember this, lol. Sad, because I think they could have done something really interesting with the modern setting. I remember thinking this will all lead up to a game in the modern world after he had learned all his skills. But nope.

Mhm. I can fully detail my thought process of the AC modern day

Finishing Brotherhood: Wait! Who's Eve? Why did Juno make me kill Lucy?

Revelations is announced: Oh, they'll answer all those questions from the end of Brotherhood

Finishing Revelations: Oh... they answered nothing, and this is a thing related to the Myan Calender. Oh well, at least it seems like AC3 should answer them

Reads wikia and see's Lucy was a Templar triple agent who betrayed Clay, got a bunch of assassin's killed and captured to be tested on, was planning on betraying Desmond, Shaun and Rebecca: "Wow... this seems really contrived"

AC3 announced: Oh... it's not a modern day game. But I am totally down for Native American protagonist in Colonial America.

Finishing AC3: What just happened... nothing from the previous games was answered

AC4 announced: Huh, wonder what they'll do for the modern day

Finishing AC4: That was kinda cute with the mock game development thing, but hopefully the next game is more substancial

Unity announced: Holy shit! Next gen AC. This is their opportunity to start fresh.

Finishing Unity: ....fuck this. What a giant waste of time

Syndicate announced: Well... hopefully they learned from Unity no one likes these shitty cutscenes

Finishing Syndicate: ... the modern day is fucking garbage

Toa TAK

Banned

Revelations is announced: Oh, they'll answer all those questions from the end of Brotherhood

Finishing Revelations: Oh... they answered nothing, and this is a thing related to the Myan Calender. Oh well, at least it seems like AC3 should answer them

Reads wikia and see's Lucy was a Templar triple agent who betrayed Clay, got a bunch of assassin's killed and captured to be tested on, was planning on betraying Desmond, Shaun and Rebecca: "Wow... this seems really contrived"

AC3 announced: Oh... it's not a modern day game. But I am totally down for Native American protagonist in Colonial America.

Finishing AC3: What just happened... nothing from the previous games was answered

Finishing AC4: That was kinda cute with the mock game development thing, but hopefully the next game is more substancial

Unity announced: Holy shit! Next gen AC. This is their opportunity to start fresh.

Syndicate announced: Well... hopefully they learned from Unity no one likes these shitty cutscenes

This mirrors my thoughts on the modern day story as well. I keep giving it a chance but at this point I'm just an AC addict and I just need more. The modern day has been a disappointment since Brotherhood. Maybe if they got their act together for this new game it could be salvaged but I doubt it.

Darby is writing this game so at least the historical story should be good.

Though I'd be totally, 100% against a modern day AC a game. The way they did it in AC3 was a good idea on how to do it between the history.

sjay1994

This mirrors my thoughts on the modern day story as well. I keep giving it a chance but at this point I'm just an AC addict and I just need more. The modern day has been a disappointment since Brotherhood. Maybe if they got their act together for this new game it could be salvaged but I doubt it.

Darby is writing this game so at least the historical story should be good.

Yeah, they have this going for them.

Also hopefully a compelling past protagonist, because Edward is leagues better and has a more compelling motivation than Arno "I became an assassin to get my dick wet" Dorian and Jacob and Evie "Oi! Wanna go to London for a year and kill some Templars?" Frye.

That's pretty much how it went with me, expect I played 3 hours of Unity and got my money back. And skipped Syndicate even though I heard it was a good game overall. I'm ready for this next one. Fingers crossed.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah, they have this going for them.

Also hopefully a compelling past protagonist, because Edward is leagues better and has a more compelling motivation than Arno "I became an assassin to get my dick wet" Dorian and Jacob and Evie "Oi! Wanna go to London for a year and kill some Templars?" Frye.
LOL pretty much. Edward was fine, just want to get away from loveable rogues for awhile. Shay and Adewale were good, at least. Really bummed with Connor's reception but whatcha gonna do.

Hopefully they'll deliver on this new protagonist.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Ubileak.jpg

sjay1994

LOL pretty much. Edward was fine, just want to get away from loveable rogues for awhile. Shay and Adewale were good, at least. Really bummed with Connor's reception but whatcha gonna do.

Hopefully they'll deliver on this new protagonist.

I get so mad when I looked in that "worst protagonist" thread and people are complaining about Connor.

Though not stealthy, i did enjoy the naval combat of AC3 & 4. But I'm not gonna lie, AC4 benefited from the sea shanties for me...what the hell did they sing in ancient egypt?

Though not stealthy, i did enjoy the naval combat of AC3 & 4. But I'm not gonna lie, AC4 benefited from the sea shanties for me...what the hell did they sing in ancient egypt?
If you're on PS4 then just put your favourite sea shanties in a playlist and have it going in the background while you're playing the new AC. Problem solved :)

In all seriousness, on Spotify you'll find:
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Game Soundtrack - Sea Shanty Edition
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Game Soundtrack - Sea Shanty Edition Vol. 2
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue Game Soundtrack - Sea Shanty Edition

With Far Cry 5 set to go under the spotlight on Friday, I wonder when it's Assasin's Creed's turn.

Will Assassin's Creed release this year?
Will Far Cry 5 release this year?

Should be interesting.

Elios83

This is basically the only Ubisoft game that I'm interested in at this point.
Looking forward to see the first trailer, hoping that they'll still offer a great single player experience.

Both will be released this year. They did it before.

I really hope you're right since Red Dead's delay leaves a HUGE void. I kind of have a feeling that Far Cry 5 will release in February like Far Cry Primal did, but yeah...hopefully it's the Fall like Far Cry 3 and 4.

Late September for Far Cry 5 and
Late October or mid November for Assasin's Creed would be cool.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I really hope they fix the modern day content, I really enjoyed it in 1,2 and ACB before they fucked it up from ACR onwards (can someone tell me exactly what the Revelation was in that game?)

I get the impression that they had a clear end in mind but completely gutted it in a cynical attempt to keep the series going. Of the many things that pissed me off about Unity, not even trying to advance the modern story was the most irritating. I was ready to give them a chance after a decent soft reboot in AC4, now it's completely gone off the rails.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
This massive pre-reveal hype phase is doing good work. I've never even finished an AC game, and yet I'm still ready for more info now.

Riptwo

I'm excited, but I really hope that they git rid of the "full synchronization" system with the game's missions. It still really bothers me that there's usually a "correct" way to approach missions in an open-world game, as I think it stifles the potential for the player to solve the mission's core puzzle in their old way. It especially drives me mad because it also tends to lead to highly-scripted tailing missions with specifically placed bushes that have to be followed in a certain order.

zkorejo

Looks cool. Hope he is not completely boring like Connor. Idk why but he reminds me of Connor in terms of his style, body type and skin color.

This is the only game I am actually somewhat excited for this year so far.

Top Bottom