• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thats a really long way of saying "its only a little bit of a sidescroller"

I agree with him - people are only fondly remembering of Mario and Zelda stages when in fact Adventure mode in Melee really is just Classic but with a bit more random fights.

Like i explained in my post, the only sidescrolling levels where there's stuff to do are the mario one and the zelda one. If just so happens that the mario one was the first level on adventure mode, and it was quickly followed by the zelda level. Those (the begining) levels are the one that people replayed the most. Between that, and that many people haven't played adventure mode in many years, there's plenty of people which have this idea that adventure mode was a lot more "platformer" like, than what it really was. Aside from those, and a couple of very short bonus levels, everthing was a fight after another (from 17-24).

Yep. People should give Adventure mode a try (at least, surely we see people play Melee a lot according to some people here so it shouldn't be too hard!), and realize that only Mario and Zelda felt like platforming. Hell, I'd discount Zelda too because it was just a bunch of soft platforms finding the door.

Arttemis

Everyone knows it's coming, though I have no confidence this is it. I'm hoping for visual refinements similar to what's shown in the images. A few new maps and characters would rule, though.

What made you so sure about this? I would imagine it being 2018 title.

I'm guessing it's this fall too.

I think the extent of the game might just be 3DS + Wii U stages, a couple other small things. Smash 4 Switch isn't going to get the usual amount of pre-release Smash hype. It's just a little deluxe thing.

I think spreading out the release might give the wrong idea.

I don't know.

Kyzer

Banned
Well the good thing about this probably fake leak is I suddenly had the realization that a Smash Bros deluxe might not have new characters and i need to prepare myself for that

LordKasual

Banned
Why would you hope it's fake? Even if it is, it's incredibly likely that the game exists.

It's a complete given that the game is going to exist. I was just expecting a bit more, at least from the visual department.

I've been praying for a Smash game as graphically impressive as Melee was when it dropped for a long time now.

I should probably give that up.

Not to mention...competitively, i really don't care much for Smash 4, and so if the game is just an enhanced port, then i'm not going to be as hype for the game as I thought I'd be. Especially if the Switch version is going to have to go through a similar GCN Port shortage apocalypse.

They released the Wii U version the same day as Pokemon ORAS. I think anything is possible. Maybe.

They were on two totally different consoles. Nintendo wouldn't let two of their biggest console multiplayer IPs cannibalize each other like that. ARMS is out just a month prior too.

Tansut

Well the good thing about this probably fake leak is I suddenly had the realization that a Smash Bros deluxe might not have new characters and i need to prepare myself for that
Gotta give people who bought both previous versions a reason to triple dip.

13ruce

Banned

If they add a new adventure like mode i would triple dip.
But i am sure they will atleast add in the inklings from Splatoon and atleast 1 or 2 Arms reps maybe even BotW Link and Zelda. + all dlc ofcourse.

Pokemaniac

But this is a port of 4.

Of course there's going to be a Smash 5 on Switch.

The last time a Smash port was even considered, it was in place of a new game (Wii would have gotten an online port of Melee if Sakurai didn't agree to make Brawl). Whatever Smash is released for the Switch, there will most likely be only one.

ahm998

I want him in smash :(
0a-zeldamusou-ganonupdupdupd.JPG

NMFried

Doubt it. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be the only Mario Kart on the system too.

I doubt that. The ports are to test the waters and boost the userbase. I think Nintendo knows a bit more now about the audiences that are willing to buy more than one copy or entry of their games. It's why we got Smash on 3DS and Wii U (at least partially).

If the Switch sticks around for 5+ years, I'd bet we'll see a new Mario Kart and Smash.

The last time a Smash port was even considered, it was in place of a new game (Wii would have gotten an online port of Melee if Sakurai didn't agree to make Brawl). Whatever Smash is released for the Switch, there will most likely be only one.

Well if that's the case then it's fine by me. Smash 4 is almost perfect.

Shang

switch 2017 conjecture based on basically nothing and only tangentially related to the topic at hand:

June - arms
July - splatoon
August - rabbids
September - fire emblem
October - smash
November - odyssey (stars?)
December - xenoblade if it doesn't slip

What does that have to do with anything? Both were different genres on different systems

They were on two totally different consoles. Nintendo wouldn't let two of their biggest console multiplayer IPs cannibalize each other like that. ARMS is out just a month prior too.
Yeah, I noticed both Smash and Splatoon would be on the same console the minute after I posted that. Whoops.

iBlue

I got this digitally on Wii u the only reason for me to rebuy it again would be at least 4 more characters.

plufim

Oh wow what a jerk.
And that's not all of it either. Recorded a video defending JonTron's racist interview. Tweets at BLM calling them racist homophobes. Goes after popular youtubers who focus on reactions or unboxings because he doesn't believe they deserve it.

Last year he pretended he wasn't far right racist, but Trump's election was a catalyst for him to stop pretending.

Note that it's too small to see in the image, but that last one quoted an email from Nintendo PR, with her full name, which he then called her out via her Twitter handle.

Do you know what the PR woman said? Judging by Josh's tweet, I assume it's the reason Nintendo won't affiliate themselves with him. While it's not hard to see why, I'm curious as to the on record reasoning.

And that's not all of it either. Recorded a video defending JonTron's racist interview. Tweets at BLM calling them racist homophobes. Goes after popular youtubers who focus on reactions or unboxings because he doesn't believe they deserve it.

Last year he pretended he wasn't far right racist, but Trump's election was a catalyst for him to stop pretending.

Is that JonTron vid still up or did he delete it?

L Thammy

Wow, I completely forgot that Josh Thomas is, well, Josh Thomas.

I'm just going to think that this generated itself from the ether and that Josh should rot away in obscurity.

Cerium

Josh, since I know you're reading this, you wanna know what the funniest part is?

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows who leaked it. Except you. And no one is gonna tell you either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom