• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Seiniyta

Man, ranked is absolute shit, it's really demotivating me to even play this game anymore. Finally got silver, got 20 matches in a row with 3500+ dudes and knocked me back to super bronze...

Genuinely having fun with the new version. Has Balrog's damage been toned down? Seems to be a more balanced match now, or just running into weaker players probably.

Still, like the changes, and with just a little tweak to people spamming crush counter buttons and a little adjustment to defense (buff V-reversals and you should be able to use all your meter for an alpha like Crush Counter on heavy normals) I can see this game really taking off. I actually saw some Nash players today too.

With the FM boost, I basically got the new Vega stage for free, debating on whether to get the Thailand stage and Ed or just leave him be. How much FM do you get back per character? Anyone know, I know you shave off a bit of the FM with the character's story mode, trials, easy/normal survivals.

@ Seiniyta Give it a few days, lot of people don't even know it's back on yet, Capcom gonna Capcom, etc...It should adjust to players more of your skill level. And get a win, you'll take a lot of point! Overall, try not to worry about the points though and just have fun, you'll learn a lot.

Numb

This has been done before and it turned out poorly can't remember which game though
As long as it's bad for the other guy i'm cool
Man, ranked is absolute shit, it's really demotivating me to even play this game anymore. Finally got silver, got 20 matches in a row with 3500+ dudes and knocked me back to super bronze...

It took me an hour to get to silver
Right after they throw some crazy numbers at you lol

Blueblur1

https://www.eventhubs.com/profile/flowtron/

This guy was posting about Akuma, Ed, Abigail, Menat, and Zeku as far back as October. I think he’s legit.

Wow.

flowtron said on October 4, 2016 at 4:32 p.m.

the next season 2 DLC, there won't be any SF3 chr, sorry to disappoint

flowtron said on October 8, 2016 at 7:28 p.m.

Gouki, Ed, Zeku, Abigail

flowtron said on October 12, 2016 at 4:57 p.m.

none of above will be in Season2 DLC, except for Akuma/Gouki. its confirm

flowtron said on October 12, 2016 at 5 p.m.
Reply @Cmase #17

S2 dlc will have Canadian fighter. dont worry

This dude knew since October and it pretty much went under the radar. WOW.

I wonder if anyone from Capcom has noticed his comments.

Devid905

Sagat isn't an s2 character. Why is that strange?
I know he isn't part of the Season 2 cast. But, with all the chatter about Sagat being included in the game prior to the 30th anniversary date, Ono tweeting the tiger can in the past, Street Fighter/Capcom tweeted about Justin Wong's trip in Thailand, X-Kira uncovering Arcade mode which would include the 4 original bosses, I think he should have acknowledged that Capcom is working on it.

ElFly

Here's hoping fighting games never use 360 movements ever again.

Oh, and also that Abigail got turned into a gorilla by a Bison experiment or something, I think that would actually work well, since his original design is just a dumb looking Andore pallet swap

360 moves are the easiest. you can do them in any direction, starting anywhere and are p loose with the execution. they rule. HDR changing them to half circles was stupid, and actually a rise in execution. same with Birdie in 5

720 I will give you, are a nightmare. still highly doable, at least compared to stuff like double half circles which are dumb, and the pretzel movements of the old Guile/Vega super moves

A charge grappler would be pretty cool.

Birdie used to be this. I dislike current's Birdie move inputs

I really would love for a return of Sagat. Having trouble finding an alt that really connects with me outside of Ken, usually Sagat fits the bill, I play him more defensively and it improves my ground game and reactions. Only have Ryu for that now...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I know he isn't part of the Season 2 cast. But, with all the chatter about Sagat being included in the game prior to the 30th anniversary date, Ono tweeting the tiger can in the past, Street Fighter/Capcom tweeted about Justin Wong's trip in Thailand, X-Kira uncovering Arcade mode which would include the 4 original bosses, I think he should have acknowledged that Capcom is working on it.
This is some tinfoil hat stuff. Justin happened to post a popular statue from an old SF stage and X-Kira is a troll. Remember that wrestling stage and how Dan is coming? Right.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

It's not supposed to be that way, but sometimes you'll hit a streak of bad luck. On the bright side you won't lose a ton of points to those people, but I can see how it would be discouraging. Just remember that if you got to Silver once, you can get to Silver again. And again, and again. That's normal.

I thought matchmaking wasn't supposed to match you with people 2 leagues above or below you. Since I hit Ultra Silver I don't think I've been matched with anyone below Super Silver or anyone above Gold.

FluxWaveZ

Best fighting game character Shadow Labrys in Persona 4 Arena had a charge move command grab, but that was for her puppet and not herself.

I thought matchmaking wasn't supposed to match you with people 2 leagues above or below you. Since I hit Ultra Silver I don't think I've been matched with anyone below Super Silver or anyone above Gold.

Two leagues above/below you is the window it matches you up against. Usually it's within one league, but it does extend outside of that sometimes. Most opponents I face now are two leagues below.

Blueblur1

In the latest SFV Podcast episode Justin Shade apparently touches on Sagat being tacked onto the end of Season 2; I didn't listen but imagine that he's just talking about what he's hoping for.

Anyway, I found it interesting that Phong Tran - who was at Capcom USA up until a couple weeks ago - tweeted at Justin to tell him Sagat wouldn't be a Season 2 character if he is coming; he'd be part of a new season. It doesn't confirm anything but why would Phong bother to correct Justin at all? Hmmm?

kirblar

In the latest SFV Podcast episode Justin Shade apparently touches on Sagat being tacked onto the end of Season 2; I didn't listen but imagine that he's just talking about what he's hoping for.

Anyway, I found it interesting that Phong Tran - who was at Capcom USA up until a couple weeks ago - tweeted at Justin to tell him Sagat wouldn't be a Season 2 character if he is coming; he'd be part of a new season. It doesn't confirm anything but why would Phong bother to correct Justin at all? Hmmm?
Sneakers has mentioned that Sagat's S3

JAXXX

Never heard of a SFV Podcast except the one w/ KIM123 and WinnerStaysOn
Got a link?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
After the update, there's a timeline of player fights on the CFN screen to the right side - it seems stuck on a single player in my favorite list. Any way to change which person the timeline is following?

Wolfkrone saying laura isn't worth playing anymore after the nerfs and he's probably dropping the game

:feelsbadman:

guess im a gief player now :(

FluxWaveZ

Wolfkrone saying laura isn't worth playing anymore after the nerfs and he's probably dropping the game

:feelsbadman:

guess im a gief player now :(

lol

Lmaoooo suffer Laura players suffferrrrrr

Practically nothing changed. She's still crazy as shit, she just can't have a +1 elbow to continue her crazy shit anymore. Even though she's still +15 on a quick rise after those situations, so she can set up a bunch of other things.

JeTmAn81

1. Ryu's vol. 2 trial #1 is weirdly hard to pull off for a first trial.

2. Why the frig do they still not include dashes in the command list for trials? So many times I can't figure out why I can't connect a move then I view the demo and see a dash in there. At least they actually have demos now, it was a nightmare trying to figure out when you needed dashes and specific spacing in earlier games.

its all fun and games until your character gets got ;_;

all these characters got new and improved tools and my character isn't even playable in this current state this is some bullshit mayne :feelsbadman:

im writing a letter to capcom head offices. somebody gonna have to answer for this

MrCarter

These new trials are awesome with some creative stuff in there. Juri's trial 9 and 10 in particular are nice.

Also I heard FANG is actually good now?

ArjanN

360 moves are the easiest. you can do them in any direction, starting anywhere and are p loose with the execution. they rule. HDR changing them to half circles was stupid, and actually a rise in execution. same with Birdie in 5

720 I will give you, are a nightmare. still highly doable, at least compared to stuff like double half circles which are dumb, and the pretzel movements of the old Guile/Vega super moves

360 type movements always felt shitty and imprecise to me and way harder than half circles.

kirblar

I'm not comfortable with Ed's premium costume now that i've gotten the chance to use it ingame. He feels more naked than Zangief.
aBWVo4u.gif

Top Bottom