• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS U.S. commercial: We've downgraded from rooftop parties to garage parties

I don't think ARMS will flop. It's only the third high profile release for a massively successful console. If it had launched late in the consoles life when there are lots of other releases to choose from I'd be concerned but I think it'll get plenty of attention

There is no way that ARMS will flop. The only question is how big its success will be.

Should've had Mechanikaren make an appearance:

bawtL5p.jpg

boiled goose

good with gravy
I'm guessing it's to appeal to the mainstream/casual audience. Comparisons to Wii Sports is a good thing as far as they are concerned.

The core audience likely knows more about the game already.

Basically this.

Advertising a game, movie, etc for something that it isn't rarely works, and when people are successfully tricked, there's a huge backlash by the tricked people and the actual audience never knew it was for them.

This commercial is quite simply not very effective marketing.

Cha

I know it's only 30 seconds, but I'm not quite sure that's gonna grab many people's attention. Was kinda boring. And the music didn't help either.
Not enough WoOoaa. Still excited for this one though :)

13ruce

Banned
This game is going to flop.

I will serve the crow after the first couple of million units got sold.

This is no W101 situation it's a full fledged game and has a certain appeal to it just like Splatoon, it won't do Splatoon 2 numbers and 1 depends on the size of the install base of switch. It will be atleast a few million units thst are being sold/shipped lifetime.

Peru

I think the y should show people playing non-motion controlled ARMS as well. I feel there's a group of people who genuinely don't want to use motion controls and may be turned off. I was relieved when I found out how well this thing worked with buttons and sticks.

Dystify

They just uploaded the gameplay trailer and it already has half a million views, what? Only 5 comments and 25 likes. They must be using it as a youtube ad? This is really strange either way. Their TV commercial only has 200 views in comparison.

Edit: Yeah, no. This can't be right. Half a million views in 21minutes? Okay. I guess it's a youtube glitch.

alDdYwm.png

They just uploaded the gameplay trailer and it already has half a million views, what? Only 5 comments and 25 likes. They must be using it as a youtube ad? This is really strange either way. Their TV commercial only has 200 views in comparison.

Edit: Yeah, no. This can't be right. Half a million views in 21minutes? Okay. I guess it's a youtube glitch.

alDdYwm.png

Yeah, I was going to point that out initially, but it had to be some sort of glitch. So much thirst for ARMS
Twintelle
!

ugly

I like how the VO sounds like some cool guy playing craps on an alley corner from the movie franchise Step Up. He's like "I'mon see you inna garaaage later for some switch"

Doorman

Well, I did not expect that. They just played the garage party ARMS ad during the NBA Finals.
Seems Nintendo's not messing around in getting the word out after all.

alDdYwm.png

ARMS is a legend in the making 💅

Update:

The Japanese ARMS commercial has 487k views.

The US ARMS commercial has 178k views.

The US ARMS commercial is 3 days older but the Japanese commercial is overwhelmingly popular.

The Japanese commercial is really awesome. It showcases the basic things you can do in the game with motion controls in a very fun way. It gives off a fun and friendly environment with everyone playing. Plus the music makes the trailer even better.

The US one is not bad by any means but the Japanese one just feels real in way.

Mory Dunz

Well, I did not expect that. They just played the garage party ARMS ad during the NBA Finals.
Seems Nintendo's not messing around in getting the word out after all.

The Arms and 3DS commercial (with pokemon and OoT 3D) were nonstop on cartoon network during the day. I was in an adolescents unit so it was literally all day on that channel.

noshten

The Arms and 3DS commercial (with pokemon and OoT 3D) were nonstop on cartoon network during the day. I was in an adolescents unit so it was literally all day on that channel.

Seems to have had a major effect #1 in Monthly Amazon rankings for June, was #21 for May. In terms of the annual rankings its 65, right behind Bomberman R and Switch 1-2. Arms is pretty much the biggest title launching in June and it's launch is fairly early and they have planned more updates. It's seems likely for Arms to end up the #1 game in June NPD. Nintendo are certainly putting their muscle behind it as expected and there is not many other releases to take focus off the game in the upcoming weeks, E3 will be another major push for the title. We saw how positive hands on experiences in the Splatoon booths created very nice WOM for the game.

Top Bottom