• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115937561&postcount=2142

you guys can read the previous and next pages from that post to get an idea of how ridiculous it got with the claims.
It was agreed upon several pages after that games shouldn't be claimed without a hard release date (or at the very least with a release window) and not more than a year in advance.

If anything, send a PM to any of the mods but it's pretty clear stuff like that should be handled by the users.

Ahh gotcha!

Tecnniqe

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115937561&postcount=2142

you guys can read the previous and next pages from that post to get an idea of how ridiculous it got with the claims.
It was agreed upon several pages after that games shouldn't be claimed without a hard release date (or at the very least with a release window) and not more than a year in advance.

If anything, send a PM to any of the mods but it's pretty clear stuff like that should be handled by the users.
I see, and a rule of thumb is understandable but upon reading from that comment and a page or two my impression is still that you should follow through on long claims or repercussions will happen.

I'd agree if this was talk about a few years but it's barely two months off from Fall so it's a argument about semantics not even in the OP guidelines.

But I'm not here to argue, but I think as by common sense rule this should be fine.

TheMoon

^that's another one of these weird cases when games only have a flat year and we're only halfway through the preceding one.

Agram

Just gonna pop in to say I'd like to make SotC remake OT (I also made TLG OT)
No release date tho, will make a proper post here when they announce it

luulubuu

As I saw the new release date for Destiny 2, I'm afraid I have to turn my role as OP since I had already the PUBG OT and I can't deliver a quality OT and attend it twice in a month.
Already talked with Hawkian and there's no problem about it, I will give my support as much as I can.

Have a good day

Kindekuma

Banned
Übermatik;240540621 said:
I know you can't claim them this early any more (I definitely abused the system before the rule change with the Zelda OT!) so I'm just gonna throw my hat into the ring/register interest for the new Metroid Switch title OT.

(Before anyone calls me out I'm just super hyped/passionate, and would love to match the scope of the Zelda OT for Metroid!)

I will fight you for that OT ;)

Metroid Samus Returns by TheMoon (June 13, 2017)

sounded like it's out this year, if I heard it right. if not I'll remove the claim :)

Oh come on dude I was legit gonna claim that :mad:
Lets wait for the release date lol
You're killing me with the claims lol. First Hey! Pikmin now this? Too much man, too much ;_;

jonno394

Hey guys. My first time posting an ot with Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Launches on the 15th WW. When is ok to post? 15th jpn time, 15th EU, 15th USA?

Cornbread78

Hey guys. My first time posting an ot with Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Launches on the 15th WW. When is ok to post? 15th jpn time, 15th EU, 15th USA?

If it launches on the 15th in Japan, it's already the 15th there, so you will be all set posting it now.

Generally, mods want the OT's posted the same day (8-12 hours prior) the game launches in whichever territory. They just don't want them to become "hype" threads that get spammed up well before launch.

jonno394

If it launches on the 15th in Japan, it's already the 15th there, so you will be all set posting it now.

Generally, mods want the OT's posted the same day (8-12 hours prior) the game launches in whichever territory. They just don't want them to become "hype" threads that get spammed up well before launch.

Cheers, went ahead and posted it :)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Generally with jp stuff they dont seem to care if it goes up a day in advance. The same day rule more generally applies to the big AAA titles that like you say turn into pages of useless chaff comments.

In general if one is really worried ask a mod that usually active in the gaming section.

Cornbread78

Generally with jp stuff they dont seem to care if it goes up a day in advance. The same day rule more generally applies to the big AAA titles that like you say turn into pages of useless chaff comments.

In general if one is really worried ask a mod that usually active in the gaming section.

Smh..

You want to take this outside?

Nemesis_

Has someone got Evil Within already? I did the first and would love to do the second though I realise I'm late to the party.

Thread update should be done by end of this week too! Sorry, life's been nuts.

Edit: oh I see someone has it. Welp

Just gonna express interest now for it, because I'm 100% in for making the Metroid Prime 4 OT. (And Metroid Prime Trilogy OT if that ends up being a thing.)

Not claimed (because I can't yet) but consider the interest expressed.

maxcriden

Just gonna express interest now for it, because I'm 100% in for making the Metroid Prime 4 OT. (And Metroid Prime Trilogy OT if that ends up being a thing.)

No offense intended, but what is the point of the "only claim when within one year rule" if there is also a point to expressing interest before then?

Roo

No offense intended, but what is the point of the "only claim when within one year rule" if there is also a point to expressing interest before then?
There are quite a few members interested in the Prime OT and only one person will get to post it so it will boil down to who makes the claim first. Everyone involved will have to work with each other, of course but it doesn't really matter at this point.

Hopefully there's no drama over and people respect whoever claims it first when a release date is confirmed.

Kindekuma

Banned

Übermatik;240540621 said:
I know you can't claim them this early any more (I definitely abused the system before the rule change with the Zelda OT!) so I'm just gonna throw my hat into the ring/register interest for the new Metroid Switch title OT.

(Before anyone calls me out I'm just super hyped/passionate, and would love to match the scope of the Zelda OT for Metroid!)

That makes three of us now who've expressed interest lol. But whoever among us does end up claiming it should allow a collab.

Cornbread78

That makes three of us now who've expressed interest lol. But whoever among us does end up claiming it should allow a collab.

Yes, you guys might want to start messaging each other now before it gets ugly....
lol

I think it's kinda pointless, personally? Not like there's some OT council in here^^
I'd suggest to suggest OT titles you suggestively PM the person who claimed an OT and suggest a title directly.

I wish people did this for me, my titles suck. Thankfully, I usually only do the OTs nobody else claims, but....

TheMoon

I wish people did this for me, my titles suck. Thankfully, I usually only do the OTs nobody else claims, but....

I just have people come up with OT titles in random pre-release threads I completely miss then get mad at my stupid titles after posting. It's kinda fun. :D

mcz117chief

I would've put in a claim, but I thought we only know that it's coming in 2018, nothing more specific in terms of release date.

It was pushed from 2017 to 2018 so logically it will most likely come early 2018. They most likely haven't pushed it into late 2018 when the original release was 2017.

Had a question. Was interested in doing the God of War OT. Checked the OT and saw that someone had already reserved it, but he did in 2014, two years before the game was even revealed

What would be the course of action there?

Had a question. Was interested in doing the God of War OT. Checked the OT and saw that someone had already reserved it, but he did in 2014, two years before the game was even revealed

A lot of those thread claims got sort of grandfathered in once the new guidelines were established. Just check out that "Never" lost for examples, haha. So things like Kagari's FF Versus XIII claim became XV even though the game was nowhere near announced when she claimed it.
I recall shinobi isn't around anymore or something like that so maybe shoot him a PM or Twitter message to check his interest?

Cornbread78

Well, considering it's Shinobi and he is no longer posting here because of his Mass Effect review and the shut he got for it, I'd say you are all set to clain it fir yourself. Especially since we have now been officially told that it will be releasing within a year's window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom