• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For May 2017

Surprised PS4 #1?

Would have thought Switch.

Also, very happy to se Farpoint up there. Great to showcase some VR software health.

MisterR

That doesn't make any sense.

Switch is hard to find because stock is not enough, more popular than expected.

His point is, if there are less than 200,000 of them available for the month we have no idea what the demand is.

Is this April or May? I'm so confused.
Edit: Thanks for update. The NPD info has changed in format so many times the last few years that I can't keep up with it.

joe_zazen

It would have to really tank to not get in the top 10. You could probably get that position with like 200K, or maybe even a fair bit lower than that.

I doubt Bethesda is happy with that performance. It looks like an expensive game with no GaaS hooks.

Horizon holding on to the same spot it had last month. Hopefully it gets a nice bump from the June sales.

MLB doing great.

NieR sticking in there.

Good stuff overall.

It was good while it lasted, P5

Mikey Jr.

Persona noooooo!

Dude, it's their own fucking fault.

1. Should have been a worldwide release.

2. They had MANY opportunities to show up in trailers at Sony E3 conferences, but they never bothered. They seemed super focused on Japan.

3. Their streaming restrictions fucked them up nicely. I don't think I even saw it chart on twitch, so thats a massive userbase that doesn't even know your games exist. A great decision!

Nier is a great game too and the action style combat might give it a bit of an advantage in this market.

That is true but I figured the buzz around Persona as a series would have given it the edge.

And by no means was that a knock against Nier. I haven't played it yet but I know it is amazing.

NSESN

So it seems that the after MK8 drop in supply in japan also happenned in the US. Hopefully it does better in may with Arms.

Mr. Tibbs

Yay I'm happy Prey did well.

Holy shit, Prey actually charted!?

It didn't do well.

1zFJv0j.png

Remember everyone saying Prey was a "bomba"?

You mean when people accurately said the game performed terribly? It received a $20 price drop less than three weeks after it launched. Steam's yet to break 300k copies.

Ridley327

Persona 5 falling off the charts entirely is the least surprising thing news ever. A fan base waiting for a JRPG that's been highly anticipated for four years dug right in with no delay, so legs were never an option.

That being said, it is one hell of a year when Nier Automata refuses to go gently into that good night.

Inviusx

NA PS4
1. Injustice 2
2. Friday the 13th: The Game
3. NBA Playgrounds
4. The Order: 1886
5. God of War III R

Wut

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Nintendo is fucking up. This could kill the momentum.

It's out of Nintendos control.

Most likely the did not secure a massive bid for the components they need as they weren't expecting such demand.

Now they have to compete with Apple et al for the components which isn't happening.

massoluk

Banned
Year to date, hardware spending has grown 18 percent as gains in console spending have offset declines in portable.

Were Vita and PSP sales actually anywhere significant last year to worth pointing this out :|

AniHawk

I feel it will indeed kill the momentum. Kill the console no but the new thing buzz is fading fast.

it's the middle of june and it's still sold out. next month is a splatoon 2 bundle and after that is the first mario game on the system.

september would normally be a break but it's the first big month for consoles leading into the holiday season. then it will be the holiday season with the first new mario platformer in four years.

nothing stops this train.

Chumly

It's out of Nintendos control.

Most likely the did not secure a massive bid for the components they need as they weren't expecting such demand.

Now they have to compete with Apple et al for the components which isn't happening.
I'm sorry buts it's absolutely nintendos problem. They decided not to put controls in place to allow them to ramp up production. To say that their was nothing they could do is disingenuous.

NSESN

BTW how Injustice already outsold MK8 LTD if MK8 was the best selling single sku of the month going by what Reggie said in the interview to Geoff?

kyser73

HZD still the only single platform title in the YTD Top 10.

Impressive legs.

It's all about software.

F the gimmicks and buzz. How did PS3 close the gap last gen? Games. Splatoon 2 and Mario will keep this train going.

By outselling the 360 globally almost every month it was on sale.

The games helped obviously, but the gap was mainly the NA & UK markets.

Top Bottom