• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely taking advantage of this tomorrow. I told myself I wouldn't trade in any games this gen, but it's just too good a deal to pass up. $12.50 for Until Dawn isn't bad considering it's a free PS+ game in two days. Rest are just old games I'll never play again.

$12.50 is the base value. Get 5 other games and you can trade it in for $21.25

I did these with my old vita games and PS3/PS4 games that were eventually free on PS+ and I technically have digitally. lol

Then couldn't you give them hell for not honoring the current price? It says valid until end of business on July 3rd.

When the pro came out, like a month after it came out, Gamestop had a promo where you got $50 bonus credit on consoles. The PS4 price was like $225, so that would have meant somewhere around $275 for a PS4. I locked that price in about now, 2am eastern time, and went in the next morning.

As you would guess, they dropped the price to $125. When they offered me $175 for my PS4, I showed them my phone with the locked in price. They asked "When did you lock it in? How did you do that?" And didn't want to honor the price. I said "Look, why do you have the feature to lock in the price if you dont honor it? I am not trying to cause trouble, but if you dont want to honor the price, can I simply talk to your manager to see what is going on?"

Dude got on the computer, overrode the price, and gave me $275 for my launch day PS4. He wasn't happy.

Here is the thing, be kind, be nice, if they dont want to honor the price you have locked in (who cares when you locked it in, it says till the end of that business day) just say "Can I ask a manager why you will not honor it?" Maybe they call the manager, maybe the dont! But this is a case where you have to put their own policies on their website, that let you lock in trade values to the end of a business day, to the test. If you are polite about it, they should honor it. I know on CAG, they always say it is "YMMV" when it comes to Gamestop honoring locked in trades. However, if you go on there, ready to conduct business, stand by that value you have locked in, be respectful and dont back down, you will get that price. Why else would they let you save trade values till the end of the business day without any small print about when you lock it in?

kirblar

Have no idea what's going on but I just checked CAG and in their GS thread it seems some people are being told by employees that the B2G1 ended Sunday for in store and they were seen taking signs down. Even a GS employee on the site was being told this. Hopefully it ends up not actually being the case.
Moving the B2G1 promo to online only is a reasonable solution to the flipping issues.

new deal

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 $35 ----> $37.40
PRey $40 ----> $46.70
Lego City Undercover $40 ----> $46.70
Injustice 2 $40 ----> $51.42
Just Dance 2017 $40 ----> $51.42
Ghost Recon Wildlands $40 ----> $42.07
Super Bomberman R $40 ----> $46.75

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

What are these? cost -->tradein values?

reKon

Banned
Have no idea what's going on but I just checked CAG and in their GS thread it seems some people are being told by employees that the B2G1 ended Sunday for in store and they were seen taking signs down. Even a GS employee on the site was being told this. Hopefully it ends up not actually being the case.

If that's the case, then the dream is over. I guess I'll hope for the best tomorrow.

Just got back from out of town but I'm going to give this a whirl tomorrow. Haven't been to a gamestop in a long time.

Quick question, my initial trade in will be a bunch of 3ds games I already own. Can I pay for the "Pro" card using that first batch of trade credit, or am I going to have to pay for it out of pocket?

reKon

Banned
Just got back from out of town but I'm going to give this a whirl tomorrow. Haven't been to a gamestop in a long time.

Quick question, my initial trade in will be a bunch of 3ds games I already own. Can I pay for the "Pro" card using that first batch of trade credit, or am I going to have to pay for it out of pocket?

You can pay for it with the first batch of credit

Updated list dump! Havent gotten to searching purchase price used for all games. I based these prices off their pre owned price on gamestop.com minus 10% for pro members. Figure most people just want a list best - to - worst profit making potential. This is what I will be working with today if this still works. If I am reinventing the wheel here I'll stop. This is just what works for me format wise. Also the prices may be off by a few cents because I rounded up or down, but they should be within $0.50 or less easily. Let me know if any are WAY off

Title
Price Used
Trade In value base
Trade in with 70%

Zelda BTOW Switch or Wii U

Disgea 5 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Delux Switch

1-2 Switch

Plants vs Zombies GW 2 (ps4/xb1)

Pokemon Sun 3ds

Pokemon Moon 3ds

Zelda Majoras Mask 3ds

Zelda Link Btween Worlds 3ds

Fire Emblem Echo 3ds

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii/3ds

Dragon Quest VIII 3ds

Mario Sports Superstars 3ds

Kirby Planet Robobot 3ds

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright 3ds

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam 3ds

Mario Party Star Rush 3ds

Poochy and Yoshi Woolly 3ds

Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4/XB1)
??

Zelda Skyward Sword Wii
36???

Halo MCC
??

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4 only)

Need for Speed

Payday 2 (PS4/XB1 regular ver)

Shadow of Mordor GOTY (ps4/xb1)
??

Animal Crossing New Leaf

New Super Mario Bros 2
36 YIKES!

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds

based on my calculations, I think that flipping the 3Ds games are more profitable than Switch.

Might be more % wise, but if you have limited time and are only flipping 6 games, the Switch games give more $$ per hour when working off tbe house money you already made, because that third $50 game is free and nets over $60 profit.

Even without Buy2Get1, you can still profit because the trade in for some of these is higher than purchase peice, even if you have to buy all six games. Not worth it if starting fresh maybe, but certainly worth it if you have a few hundred in gamestop credit already.

Updated list dump! Havent gotten to searching purchase price used for each game yet. Figure most people just want a list best - to - worst profit making potential. This is what I will be working with today if this still works.

You got your values wrong. Your base values already include 10 percent extra for the PU bonus. So you'd only get 60% extra after that. so Zelda for example would be 35 (actual base value) * 1.7 = 59.50

You got your values wrong. Your base values already include 10 percent extra for the PU bonus. So you'd only get 60% extra after that. so Zelda for example would be 35 (actual base value) * 1.7 = 59.50

Oh crap thanks guus will update asap.

Edit: Fixed. Didnt re run searches for all games, just divided my old price by 1.1 to get the price before the 10% pro then re multiplied that by 1.7 for trade in price. Should be close enough to be useful for folks to ballpark stuff.

big youth

Fixing...

I can help you with some of those used prices (after 10% savings for being pro member)

Zelda Switch - 49.49
Mario Kart Deluxe - 44.99
Pokemon Sun - 34.19
Pokemon Moon - 34.19
Xenoblade 3DS - 35.99
Smash Bros 3DS 34.19
Just Dance 2017 - 54.99
Mario Party 10 - 44.99
Paper Mario Color Splash - 44.99
Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics 2016 - 71.99

I can help you with some of those used prices (after 10% savings for being pro member)

Zelda Switch - 49.49
Mario Kart Deluxe - 44.99
Pokemon Sun - 34.19
Pokemon Moon - 34.19
Xenoblade 3DS - 35.99
Smash Bros 3DS 34.19
Just Dance 2017 - 54.99
Mario Party 10 - 44.99
Paper Mario Color Splash - 44.99
Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics 2016 - 71.99

Trying to get a set of games put on hold at the moment. I take no ownership of the list just piggy backing off others. If you want to copy/paste it into a new post dont even worry about quoting me. No GAF glory, only helping others out.

overcast

I have credit lying around. I think around 75. Couple of questions.

-is it possible to upgrade to pro using my credit?
-what games from GameStop can I buy to net a good-great trade profit? Injustice 2 is pretty solid.

I have credit lying around. I think around 75. Couple of questions.

-is it possible to upgrade to pro using my credit?
-what games from GameStop can I buy to net a good-great trade profit? Injustice 2 is pretty solid.

Look up a few posts and just start from tbe top and check what the used price is for pro members. And yes you can use your old credit to get pro again.

sonto340

Why doesn't GameStop sell Oculus Rift, but Best Buy does. I want to get one, so I guess I'm out of luck.
Pretty sure they have a deal with valve from back when steam machines were a thing. They still actually sell steam machines at some gamestops.

wanders

Yeah when I was buying my games I had the employee tell me to take advantage of the promo since it would end today

GG guys

It says right on their website B2G1 goes to close of business July 4th. Unless they end it early, that is the only official info we game. So game on today. And even if it DOES end, you could still flip 6 games for $20-40 profit and 70% bonus is good for a week.

I mean if the in store promo was over then I think they'd update the site to reflect that by now. This all seems to be based on just a single post on CAG. Skimmed around for more but I'm not going to think the deal is dead based on that. It'd be easier just to tank trade values for a few days than kill the b2g1 deal. Was anybody here on GAF told it ended yesterday?

Read a few posts above yours

Okay, so one more? We'll see in a few hours but this seems pretty isolated. The site still isn't showing any update

I mean if the in store promo was over then I think they'd update the site to reflect that by now. This all seems to be based on just a single post on CAG. Skimmed around for more but I'm not going to think the deal is dead based on that. It'd be easier just to tank trade values for a few days than kill the b2g1 deal. Was anybody here on GAF told it ended yesterday?
Read a few posts above yours

As I said before if you look at my list and they honor the values on their site current as of right now, you can STILL make $8-10 per game on every game every flip. Buy 9 games, trade them in, net gain of $72-90. I dont care if B2g1 is over, just means I can buy one or two games if that is all a store has.

Pay 40... get 50. Pay 45... get 55. Some games are only 8 bucks profit, namely the 3ds ones, and some not worth it without b2g1, but there are still plenty of 8-10 buck profit games if the 70% promotion remains.

Not to mention if u just want to double your $$ and dont mind spending some money, the walmart games havent gone down (yet) if your local WM has them.

Sh0k

Is Gamestop website down for everybody? Trying to acces it on my iPad and I'm getting an "Oops! Game Over" message.

Edit: The App seems to be working fine though.

I traded in 6 ps4/wii u games and the Gamestop associate was so fucking salty about me not renewing my member card that I had no desire to even look at their wares. Oh well, good job paying me more for Diablo 3 than I did a year and a half ago.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Is Gamestop website down for everybody? Trying to acces it on my iPad and I'm getting an "Oops! Game Over" message.

Edit: The App seems to be working fine though.

Both are up for me. No ads have changed.

Dinokill

Does employees have the ability to look at your past purchases? I'm definitely doing this today. I have 3 GameStops in my area. I was looking to hit them up one time each. Will I have issue if I try a second round?

E92 M3

Does employees have the ability to look at your past purchases? I'm definitely doing this today. I have 3 GameStops in my area. I was looking to hit them up one time each. Will I have issue if I try a second round?

They can...lol

Most employees don't care unless you get a junior detective.

I hope I didn't miss the real fun by just one day. Even if I did, I still made $90 profit off my BB flips and have enough credit for a PS4 when KH3 comes out so I'd be satisfied. Still would like to try a B2G1 flip on my drive home from work though :)

Oublieux

Employees do have the ability to look up past transactions/trades on their systems, but it's not a normal part of the check out process. They will do it if they are suspicious, however. It might be a possibility today since it seems like more stores have caught wind of what's going on.

E92 M3

I hope I didn't miss the real fun by just one day. Even if I did, I still made $90 profit off my BB flips and have enough credit for a PS4 when KH3 comes out so I'd be satisfied. Still would like to try a B2G1 flip on my drive home from work though :)

Trade values are still ripe.

Btw, guys, the GS app is actually very solid. I'm surprised how sleek they made it.

I think one final ride for me and then I'm done. I was thinking though that I may be close to the $2k limit - in my head I wasn't because I ended with $780 credit but forgot I had been using credit to do the flips, so my actual trades me be in the $1000s somewhere

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Trade values are still ripe.

Btw, guys, the GS app is actually very solid. I'm surprised how sleek they made it.

No kidding, I am using the app right now. It's REALLY good. It has your cards and your Rewards certificates there on the app with barcodes.

Really really good App.

Cg006

Neo Member
Im waiting 755am ET.

Gonna drop by ihop then at 10am gamestop to get all that money. Got a bag full of games lol

Just kept Overwatch , Dying light and DQ7. THATS IT.
Seems there is no digital version of overwatch under 60 right now. PS4 store no longer has the original version.

GOnna get Destiny Digital Deluxe. Got my moneys with the Destiny 1. Wont make the same mistake to go physical on this one again. And gonna stock up on eshop and PSn credit and maybe some STEAM credit.

Also trading in games for my niece. all the stuff she dont play trade it in and will save her money total and make it cash when i can get her a switch. SOme of her games will cover over half the system (mario party10, Super Smash Bros 3ds.....lot of stuff :)

asdad123

Just checked my power up rewards. 80000 points over the last two days which is good for like $80.

That plus the 6% I get back from Best Buy on my original purchases makes it even better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom