• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2017

specdot

I mean who doesn't own gtav at this point?
I don't. But I did buy it as a gift for one of my cousins in Ecuador a few years ago. I guess I am one of those billions who spend their US dollars on GTA V. lol
Good to see Horizon still charting. Is the Switch low supply the reason why it's not #1 or did Sony have another killer month?

Xbro

Tekken is a 3D fighter so I would say no. I would go with:

That's a nuance I can live with.

You can't live if people refer to it as a fighter? What, do you have trouble sleeping because people classify a game a certain way?

Yjynx

Oh that is a juicy leak.

PS4
Jan: 210,665
Feb: 398,407
Mar: 396,726
Apr: 206,247
May: 187,182
Jun: 381,196

XB1
Jan: 157,545
Feb: 215,418
Mar: 243,514
Apr: 109,950
May: 109,130
Jun: 153,389

Switch
Mar: 910,545
Apr: 280,897
May: 165,038
Jun: 215,582

Thanks go to jal356
So the leaks is confirmed?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Why are your jimmies rustled? Y'all acting like I said the game sucks or something. It's a fantastic game but imo it shouldn't be in the same category as injustice, Tekken, pokken and even smash.

It's a fighting game, factually.

Yes, it's a very different type of fighting game. But is Power Stone not a fighting game because the camera is different than most other fighting games?

Keinning

Source?

If true, PS4 still 2-to-1ing XB1 at this stage in the game is nuts.

Why?
Sony had plenty of exciting releases back to back. Microsoft is holding everything for the scorp... sorry, One X launch. If anything xbox numbers look pretty good considering we had no new 'exclusive' since halo wars 2 (which is niche enough) to motivate sales. Tbh i expected the gap to be even bigger now that we have the Switch to compete for sales too.

Hyun Sai

It also mechanically works quite similarly. Throws, throw counters, stuns, blocking, feints, dodges, stances, meter build-up...

We went through this same thing with For Honor.

The fact that Arms is at Evo settles it anyway. It's always good when Fighters expand their horizon.

HardRojo

It's almost as if every new PS4 owner also picked up GTA V lol. Glad to see Crash doing well, I thought it'd be number but I guess Crash domination isn't as big in the US as it is in other territories.
Crash Team Racing please.

I don't. But I did buy it as a gift for one of my cousins in Ecuador a few years ago. I guess I am one of those billions who spend their US dollars on GTA V. lol
Good to see Horizon still charting. Is the Switch low supply the reason why it's not #1 or did Sony have another killer month?
Sony would've has a great month regardless.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Questions?

Are there potentially good updates on NPD's ability to track digital sales from more companies, especially Nintendo? I mean, I suppose negotiations are still going, but I hope they're not too far from reaching a good deal between both parts :p

RRockman

Banned
Why does everyone HAVE to downplay ARMS? Did it kill your console? i)Is it the reason why Tekken 7 ps4 has all that input lag? I just don't get it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sony was predicting a bit of a decline for the PS4 this year but it seems like it's still doing quite well. How does it compare to last year? I don't see it slowing down with Destiny 2 bundles and possible CoD, GT, and Battlefront ones as well.

Oh that is a juicy leak.

PS4
Jan: 210,665
Feb: 398,407
Mar: 396,726
Apr: 206,247
May: 187,182
Jun: 381,196

XB1
Jan: 157,545
Feb: 215,418
Mar: 243,514
Apr: 109,950
May: 109,130
Jun: 153,389

Switch
Mar: 910,545
Apr: 280,897
May: 165,038
Jun: 215,582

Thanks go to jal356

Nice to see the market supporting three "home" console platforms at once. Crazy to think back in the day you PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS all selling relatively well at the SAME TIME!.

Top Bottom