• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

I'm proposing a system of MUTUAL READS.

From this point forward; if someone writes up a "Read" (a Read is a careful analysis of another player towards deducing their Alignment and/or Role, based on their post content, activity and interactions with others) of you, you are now obliged to write up a "Read" of them as well.

This rule will be enforced by extreme majority vote pressure against the player who fails to supply the MUTUAL READ.

Bronx-Man, here is my Read of you:

BRONX-MAN
I think Bronx is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything​

Now by the rule of MUTUAL READS you are obliged to read me, or else I will convince everyone to Vote-pressure you.

NOTE: 'Vote-pressure' may be a noun or verb meaning that many other players vote against a specific player to near-majority/elimination, for the purposes of pressuring them to contribute meaningfully.

cabot

See I considered mentioning Kawl might be a godfather and got suuuuuuper lucky, but I figured I'd get yelled at for discrediting or whatever again.

Well, that and I figure the odds of our daycop blowing his brains out against a godfather are pretty freakin low.

Do you not think a godfather is more likely as we have two roles that publically confirm alignment?

Anyway, the mains suspects overnight were Ri, CCS and Dusk:

Dusk, the first rule of scum chat is you don't talk about scum chat!

I feel like this is an awkward interaction joke between scum mates.

So the first two games the protagonist had electricity based powers, and other characters with their own powers. Most recent game introduced a new protagonist with the ability to use other peoples powers and new villains. So I wouldn't rely too much on the game for meta purposes.

Fluff explanation. CCS has posted very little of worth in this game and he has a vote on me which I'm unsure if it's a joke or not.

yaaaaaawn

Time is here because he's just here but he's making everyone aware he's just here. He's also seems upset no one has voted for him. I don't think he's scum, but odd behaviour nonetheless.

Those descriptions were mainly about the first two games, while all the fluff we've seen so far has been from the third (titled Second Son).

SS has the power-copier protagonist. His brother is the cop we've already seen; the Innocent Child is his grandma IIRC. The other three big name characters that come to mind are:

-Abigail "Fetch" Walker. One of two NPCs the protagonist recruits (and gets to copy Neon powers from). She's killing drug dealers when we meet her to avenge her dead brother. Probably a neutral Serial Killer role.

-Eugene Sims. The other recruited NPC (Video powers). Harasses the DUP, a bit too brutally for a good-aligned protag's tastes. Not sure what he'd translate to in this game.

-Brooke Augustine. The Big Bad, leader of the DUP. Has Concrete powers, which she can share with her underlings (and later involuntarily with the protag). Uses them to cripple people. Possibly Bulletproof, or Jailer.

I'd also point out that regardless of whether the hero is Good or Bad, he's always against the DUP (Department of Unified Protection, anti-super government police). Based on the fluff we've seen I'm speculating that the scum are DUP, and the Delsin role is always anti-scum. Possibly a choice between Town and neutral, but unlikely to turn to scum. I'd guess he's Town, and has some ability to turn Fetch and Eugene from Neutral to Town.

Ri joining the fluff mob. Ri in general has felt like he's been coasting, just voting some inactives and a couple of posts i just don't really get anything to read from.

lol

There is a role mafia called the therapist, it has the power to turn a serial killer into a vanilla townie. But it's rarely used. That kind of matches the relationship between your description of Abigail and the main protaganist though.

It's a Cosplay game, so I wouldn't rule out famous characters being assigned as regular vannilla townies, or scum getting someone famous to use as a fake claim.

See this would be ringing massive alarm bells normally, but after anime I can't discount this as town dusk muddying up the waters for...reasons.

I think Ri and CCS are pretty suspicious.

Classic Dusk

So Bronxie wha'd'ya think of Blarg?

I mean you were eager to summon him, to be fair.

Bronx, don't listen to him

After I read you, now he's trying to get you to read me, so no one will be obliged to vote-pressure you via my MUTUAL READS standing law

*Splinter-Bronx collusion Confirmed

cabot

I'll give you one player I feel good about right now:

I'm just here so I won't get replaced.

Ctrl+F "godfather"

No results.

Huh.

LP's no fucks given abruptness makes me think he's town, LP is usually a player that has to defend himself pretty vigorously.

Coupled with this:

Speaking of, can we lynch LP day one? Always posts so little that even by the end of the game it's impossible to form a good read.

Can see scum!CCS using his 'kill inactives' mantra to easily vote and waste a non-scum!LP for an easy day 1 lynch with little responsibility if it goes wrong.

So yeah leaning town on LP.

cabot

VOTE: Ri'Orius

AB gets a pass for now, but I should be clear that I did not like your response to this post:

VOTE: AbsolutBro

1. You seem to be coyly suggesting we could kill batsnacks
2. You're trying to muddy the waters around batsnacks, which is beautifully clear water you find in the finest of swimming pools.

I am doing nothing of the sort. I was pretty clear the confusion was on my part and had nothing to do with batsnacks himself.

I guess your response sort of answers point 1, but it doesn't answer point 2. You talk in your post of the potential of batsnacks being more than an innocent child, explaining various outcomes. This is most definitely muddying the waters of what looks to be a simple Role PM.

Do you have anything to add?

CCS

Banned
Cab wants to murder me. Water is wet.

I mean, I don't know why you're acting like my "fuck inactives" approach is a scum tell.

cabot

You seem to have a faulty memory, CCS. I'm the one that usually town reads you and tries to stop you from being pointlessly lynched.

I explained pretty clearly why I thought it was a scumtell.

CCS

Banned
You seem to have a faulty memory, CCS. I'm the one that usually town reads you and tries to stop you from being pointlessly lynched.

I explained pretty clearly why I thought it was a scumtell.

Player plays as usual = scumtell

Player doesn't play as usual = scumtell

Well I'm fucked then.

Looks like it's time for my D1 role claim.

CCS

Banned
Also, I don't know why you expect me to have contributed anything useful in the first 36 hours. There's nothing useful to say. I could spend D1 doing seal impressions and it would have much the same effect.

cabot

Right, we've all been posting absolutely nothing. All the content magically generates on D2.

D1 is a crapshoot if you sit back and let it be one.

cabot

Player plays as usual = scumtell

Player doesn't play as usual = scumtell

Well I'm fucked then.

Looks like it's time for my D1 role claim.

What a mess.

You're not playing as usual, you've talked fluff, had bants with acohrs and threw a vote on me with no justification. By now, you at least throw out some early reads of posters.

Hell you even wanted to Kill LP when he had made a post. There were others like TheG who had yet to post at that point.

You're capitulation here makes me think non-scum since it seems similar to what happened in Brexit.

CCS

Banned
What a mess.

You're not playing as usual, you've talked fluff, had bants with acohrs and threw a vote on me with no justification. By now, you at least throw out some early reads of posters.

Hell you even wanted to Kill LP when he had made a post. There were others like TheG who had yet to post at that point.

You're capitulation here makes me think non-scum since it seems similar to what happened in Brexit.

If you don't think that's usual for me on D1 then you haven't played with me enough. And I did post reads.

Also, I don't know why you expect me to have contributed anything useful in the first 36 hours. There's nothing useful to say. I could spend D1 doing seal impressions and it would have much the same effect.

I think you mean Seattle impressions

get with the plot

cabot

OK, you did post reads. I'll give you that.

Only when I directly asked you though:

Okay, so there's the two confirmed town obviously. Ignoring them:

I kinda feel like Kyan is scummy, but I always end up scum reading Kyan even when he's not so I think I'm just a really bad judge of him.

You feel like town based on my past experiences with you, not a solid read yet but leaning town at least.

how did the bolded go from that to this:

VOTE: Cabot

Blatant scum

Also, that post with reads is literally the only worthwhile post you've made in this game outside of this morning, and that was a question i asked you directly. It wasn't brought up on your own.

This isn't a standard D1, and yet you still talk as if its useless and nothing's happened.

What a mess.

EdtrGtW.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
okay

WaffleTaco, Zeusy; as two of the most recent additions to our global roster, how do you feel we can make InFAMOUS [Mafia] appeal more like Love Boat 2, without having the baggage that a Love Boat-esque game entails?
I don't know what a Love Boat is. So ¯_(ツ)_/¯

batsnacks

Right now the list is probably something like:
OceanicOcean
SkyOdin
DuskSoldier

could possibly see cases for Flame_AC or isaac, seems less likely than those other three though.

Am I missing anyone?

*Splinter

OceanicOcean
SkyOdin
DuskSoldier

could possibly see cases for Flame_AC or isaac, seems less likely than those other three though.

Am I missing anyone?
CCS shitting the bed at the first hint of pressure?

Is there a reason NOT to lynch Kyanrute?

batsnacks

CCS shitting the bed at the first hint of pressure?

Is there a reason NOT to lynch Kyanrute?

I can see a case for CCS. His BANTing with acohrs seemed pure though and acohrs thought he was town, I don't know if the others have that much going for them.

His cabot vote not being serious is a worse look for sure. I thought that was an interesting vote, guess not.

I can see a case for CCS. His BANTing with acohrs seemed pure though and acohrs thought he was town, I don't know if the others have that much going for them.

His cabot vote not being serious is a worse look for sure. I thought that was an interesting vote, guess not.

i7FOn7p.gif

cabot

OceanicOcean
SkyOdin
DuskSoldier

Am I missing anyone?

Why Sky and Dusk?

I mean I have an idea for Dusk but better take it from the horse's mouth, make love to the horse, have a smoke with the sexy horse and then ride into the night post-coital sex horse.

...what?

giphy.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Waffle if you had to choose today's lynch right now, who would you pick?

And why?
I'm not sure. I wouldn't say there really is any evidence of, well anything.
Apparently it's some kind of GAFia inside joke that even I am not privy to, so

Anyway, how exactly do you think InFAMOUS [Mafia]'s trailing-off stinger text of "No Good Karma...", ends?
"No Good Karma...goes unpunished"

batsnacks

Is kyan really mafia for asking about 1 shot? I feel like mafia should be cognizant enough not to post that, but yes posting that helps mafia. idk

Other than that he's okay though

*Splinter

I'm not sure. I wouldn't say there really is any evidence of, well anything.
This is true but there's no penalty for being wrong either. We're in a hypothetical where you're for some reason forced to choose a lynch; perhaps melon is drunk with power/alcohol. What do you do?

And why.

Kawl_USC

Yea I'm good leaving my vote on blarg. Utilitarian lynches until proven otherwise on day 1. I'm in my new position at work now which should hopefully provide more time today to see if any one clears that low bar

batsnacks

Why Sky and Dusk?

I mean I have an idea for Dusk but better take it from the horse's mouth, make love to the horse, have a smoke with the sexy horse and then ride into the night post-coital sex horse.

...what?

giphy.gif
See #400 let me know if you agree

cabot

Yep, who apparently has a long history with the read-ee

which i would put as a negative because it means he could have trouble forming an objective read.

anyway, regards post #400, it isn't great. I've misread Sky before in an early stage of a previous game though, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt currently.

Top Bottom