• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Fat4all

Banned
why couldn't this have occurred in scumchat?

to me, it seems like a confirmation that samurai was eager to get some sort of recognition for their long post, and if it was scum chat then a non-partner scum could of engaged them on the post instead earlier, making them look good in the process (looking like they are part of their own debate or conversation or whatever)

the fact that they just gabbed instead to their partner reads more like town chat thing to do

kingkitty

idk man, phrasing aside, the complaints you lodged seem weird to me

like, I could lodge complaints, but they wouldn't be the same

like you're specifically looking for reasons to go after 'em

but I admit that this was a reach and I'm not a point where I'd vote based on it

"Looking for reasons". You gave me a valid reason to give a retort. You said "hey look at kitty he wants to tunnel". I corrected that by saying "no it was a joke u might be reaching/misunderstanding/both". And we seem to both agree with that statement. If it still seems weird to you, then that's fine.

Good, your secretary doesn't seem up to the task

He's done. I fired him.

Sorian

Banned
why couldn't this have occurred in scumchat?

Town chats are two people and scum chat is likely 6-8 people. That sequencing of events was very clearly set by only two people being in contact so unless those two are just sitting in scum chat by themselves right now then it's clear what's what.

Also, samurai, at least, feels like someone who is looking for validation in play so far. Their partner being new too means they can't really get the validation there since neither knows what is good and what is bad. Other players backing them up would be giving that validation behind the scenes which I'm not seeing here.

franconp

Actually, this is the town tell:

They were literally just talking about this in their private chat.

If I'm not mistaken, please correct me if wrong, they live together. I think I read something like that in discord.

If I'm wrong at least they are RL friends as burb said that their paring wasn't rng.

Sorian

Banned
If I'm not mistaken, please correct me if wrong, they live together. I think I read something like that in discord.

If I'm wrong at least they are RL friends as burb said that their paring wasn't rng.

Huh, well that does add a new layer to it. That doesn't actually change my thoughts on the matter in my last post though.

Yes, we do. We do try to keep everything Mafia related in our chat though. Can't guarantuee it of course, slight remarks in rl might happen once in a while.

Fat4all

Banned
you can move in Sorian, but there's no room for your anime VHS cassette collection

throw all your Cutie Honey in the garbage

Ty4on

Yes, we do. We do try to keep everything Mafia related in our chat though. Can't guarantuee it of course, slight remarks in rl might happen once in a while.
You're lucky one of you didn't secretly sub into a secret part of the game and had to be coy about it in real life.

Volcano Mafia. Magnum is real life brother to Terra and subbed for a "dead" player

Sorian

Banned
TrCC5LS.gif

Dr. Worm

Banned
"Looking for reasons". You gave me a valid reason to give a retort. You said "hey look at kitty he wants to tunnel". I corrected that by saying "no it was a joke u might be reaching/misunderstanding/both". And we seem to both agree with that statement. If it still seems weird to you, then that's fine.

ok

Also, samurai, at least, feels like someone who is looking for validation in play so far. Their partner being new too means they can't really get the validation there since neither knows what is good and what is bad. Other players backing them up would be giving that validation behind the scenes which I'm not seeing here.

scum would want validation more than town, though; scum has a more vested interest in seeming useful/worth keeping around than town, and we drove that home during the WAMD/kitsune spat

They have scum chat for that

I feel like it there wanted town's thoughts as scum they'd be more subtle about it

maybe, but validation is different coming from different angles, something something mindsets etc

I've been busy today. Suck it.

that sounds like a job for kingkitty

why is everyone so grouchy today?

franconp

That is actually exactly how I feel. ,_,

Regarding the post: I read it all. Some things I share, others don't.

Beside that is a valid effort but feels kinda trying too hard. We were less than 24hs into the game. There isn't much to analize yet.

At this point I value more a players who prod and discuss than a read list.

Sorian

Banned
scum would want validation more than town, though; scum has a more vested interest in seeming useful/worth keeping around than town, and we drove that home during the WAMD/kitsune spat

For vets? Sure. For new people? This doesn't really apply.

The WAMD/kitsune thing doesn't make any sense either as I said about WAMD's portion of it. It nitpicks a point that falls in like completely with how kitsune would feel coming into a second game after getting killed early in their first game. The whole issue with that "spat" is that it read scripted to me.

Orb

Don't be. Coasters you let slip through win games for Scum. Just remember that a low post count often related to but not synonymous for coasting.

I'll remember this

What do you think of Verelios and Pandas?

And going for inactives can be a shot in the dark, but why reluctant to consider them?

Honestly, I feel Pandas is more suspicious. Though it's hard for me to explain why.

And I'm reluctant just because I know life can get in the way of things sometimes :/

Fireblend

Banned
Ok I'm home after those pesky, mafia-disrupting vacations and with a bit of a cold but ready to play. Got some serious catchup to do, and my pair chat isn't very helpful since Exodu5 seems similarly short on time, so if anyone has any comments on what they'd like my thoughts on, or something/someone you'd like me to specially pay attention to, let me know.

franconp

A read list is a good way to start discussion though, in my mind. Gives the opportunity for everyone mentioned to object to or reaffirm those reads.

It's a good tool later in the game when you have more points of view of every player.

Right now is just a simple summary of the things that happened so far. There isn't much to disscuss there.

Fat4all

Banned
so if anyone has any comments on what they'd like my thoughts on, or something/someone you'd like me to specially pay attention to, let me know.

i'd actually be interested in hearing your take on the dragonz/kitsune scuffle that happened last night.

Way to just ignore that I brought up the topics of you and Tsu as well as kitsune and FEP quite a bit earlier. If throwing pot shots and bailing is how you wanna play though then by all means go for it and I'll keep my vote right where it is.
She made a single post and I made a post in response explaining that in her post she made points that ignored context.
Context context context. I was pointing out that nomad was not alone in calling those players out. I was pointing out that I had already done so as well as his partner and I had contributed more than any of the people in question. Was responding to those specific points Sophia made i.e. "Nomad how can you with few content posts call out these other players?" by saying he was following my lead when I have had content posts.
Okay, let me get this straight: You're saying your partner doesn't need to justify their opinions if they align with opinions you already voiced and justified? That's a valid opinion, I guess. Although it kind of defeats the "four eyes see more than two" principle if he's just sheeping you. This point also didn't come through at all in your initial response to Sophia (at least not for me).

And here comes the "but": I'd like to hear his thoughts. In this game we have this unique situation of two players linked together. I know you are a strong player and I can't read you for shit. I don't need your partner to act as your third arm, I want to analyze him. And if all he does is following your lead, it kind of looks as if you are afraid he might break.

On a completely different note: Some of you have pointed out low activity/content posters, but Trigger slipped through the cracks somehow (as far as I remember). He has only one post and that has zero content. Ty4on is salvaging the team rn, but keep an eye on them.

Verelios

A read list is a good way to start discussion though, in my mind. Gives the opportunity for everyone mentioned to object to or reaffirm those reads.
I mean... I'll agree when we're nearer to day end but when it hasn't even been a full day into the game I'm kind of looking at it as busywork.

franconp

I also wrote that I won't be able to take part in the discussions themselves, because of timezones. So that is actually the only thing I can do to offer my point of view on what happened.

And I already said is a valid effort. I would like to keep seeing those later in the game.

Verelios

I also wrote that I won't be able to take part in the discussions themselves, because of timezones. So that is actually the only thing I can do to offer my point of view on what happened.
No problem, get to them whenever. People are always trawling two, ten, twenty pages back even for incriminating evidence so there isn't a need to be involved at that specific moment. Whenever you see something wrong don't mind getting involved.

I see that you're in the CET time zone (Probably Germany, Austria or Switzerland judging by your name). There ususally are quite some discussions happening in the evening and especially right before day end.

Like, the whole Natiko/Sophia/Nomadic Sparks thing unfolded right before your eyes.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
I mean... I'll agree when we're nearer to day end but when it hasn't even been a full day into the game I'm kind of looking at it as busywork.

I rather write that down after one or two discussions happened because it helps me to summarize for myself after rereading 6 pages. x.x
So instead of keeping it for myself and idling until it's useful, I'll write that down and you cannot stop me. >:3

Also that wall of text would be even longer if I wait and you don't want that.
*shakes head a bit* You don't want that.

Samuraischnecke

Neo Member
I see that you're in the CET time zone (Probably Germany, Austria or Switzerland judging by your name). There ususally are quite some discussions happening in the evening and especially right before day end.

Like, the whole Natiko/Sophia/Nomadic Sparks thing unfolded right before your eyes.

Yup, Germany it is.

Although you shouldn't assume to know when I am on this forum/thread and on my pc to actually write (cause I am definitelly not trying to ruin another post by writing on my phone lel) Muffin already wrote one quick post on that topic. Also I have to reread it first because I didn't quite get the discussion tbh. Maybe because it is almost 2 am. :S

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't know why people are reading that much into my Sophia vote. I voted an entire 48 minutes after the game started. Now I know I have some sick reads, but even that's a bit premature.

That said, since then they still seem a little off to me.

TsuXna is completely absent and Flush is...well Flush seems ok to me so far. Not ringing any bells for me just yet.

Trigger is also absent, but Ty also seems ok so far.

Sorian loves to bring up my Sophia vote.

Right now I'm seriously considering if all four anime players are on the scum side.

I should be about for most of the day, albeit with a raging hangover.

My thoughts on kits, my darling one and only? New. She said she was new straight up, only played in one game before. Dragonz came off on her aggressively and she got defensive. Same shit happened to me in my second game and happens all the time. As I said before, Dragonz didn't really bother me so I didn't say much.

Not much to explain on ouro. I didn't like how tone but he passed some stuff I liked better whole I was typing up the vote (mobile while getting ready for work can be slow) so I changed to verelios. This was the most interesting thing to me actually because this was before Dragonz went after kits, seeming kind of like a disguised omgus where I drop a vote on one partner and then the other goes off on mine. Didn't really see too much sinister there though, so i mentioned it in passing and let it be.

I think that about explains my activity thus far if it pleases the court.

Anywho, nomadic seems eager town to me. Natiko is leaving town but relying on this potshot accusation too much I think. We can ask for more meat with the potatoes but hot takes and votes are something. This goes for febe, royal, and i guess for me. Royal especially has come in with a good head and i think brought some perspective to what was becoming just a din of "why aren't people in other time zones defending themselves right now?" Fran also demonstrated some collected awareness of the gamestate. Looking forward to when he starts dropping hate. Similarly, looking forward to Sophia's attack. She's flexed her quote collection abilities twice now. It is going to be quite interesting when she attacks, but overwhelming with quotes can be used for evil as well as good. I'm neutral on her but I think her attack will be pretty confirming either way.

Verelios

I don't know why people are reading that much into my Sophia vote. I voted an entire 48 minutes after the game started. Now I know I have some sick reads, but even that's a bit premature.

That said, since then they still seem a little off to me.

TsuXna is completely absent and Flush is...well Flush seems ok to me so far. Not ringing any bells for me just yet.

Trigger is also absent, but Ty also seems ok so far.

Sorian loves to bring up my Sophia vote.

Right now I'm seriously considering if all four anime players are on the scum side.
I voted an entire 48 minutes after the game started. Now I know I have some sick reads, but even that's a bit premature.
Now I know I have some sick reads, but even that's a bit premature.
sick reads
giphy.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, I'm caught up.

i'd actually be interested in hearing your take on the dragonz/kitsune scuffle that happened last night.
Sure thing. While reading through most of it I felt like siding with Kitsune; her responses felt genuine in both a somewhat naive way when she shared her thoughts about not wanting to make herself into a target by defending an unpopular position like a no-lynch, and then in a disconcerted way when it was apparent that wasn't an ideal answer. The way the exchange continued without much change in Kitsune's position and just a general sense of frustration from what she saw as being a simple point not getting across to WAMD gives me the impression she thought (at least) that she was alone in that fight. Maybe there would be a small trace of her having received some support to flip the tables a bit if she had been coached a bit more? As it stands most of her responses are awfully defensive and generally poorly handled, specially because it should have been easy for Kitsune to go on the offensive and flip the tables against WAMD but that never really happened.

On the other hand I see WAMD's point; catching scum is priority #1 for town while self-preservation is scum's; if it hadn't been because Kitsune also provided the context about her previous game and the way her playstyle had changed from then, no one would have faulted Dragonz for jumping on Kitsune. After that my reads do get a bit more hazy. WAMD spent some time stumbling to explain herself with very little success which doesn't feel manufactured, but also not indicative of much more - it did feel like she was too invested though, while Kitsune comes across as trying to get the convo out of the way.

So, not town-reading Kitsune but I'd say what prompted WAMD to go after her seems like very shaky ground - it's not like Kitsune backtracked in an attempt to change what she initially meant. WAMD on the other hand, maybe a bit of a scumread but nothing too severe, specially because of how she stumbled after the initial exchange.

Also, ignoring Verelios and FEP. FEP's less of a problem since he's less of an actual entity atm, but Verelios has been contributing consistently so I don't know how that should influence my read of WAMD.

Top Bottom