• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The range on the Brella is deceptive as fuck. You think you can run out of their range but nope!

Still feel like it will get easily outclassed by longer range weapons like the brushes and buckets do, but it has the potential to be very dangerous if you use the shield right.

Jims

It's cool to see people who had already unlocked the black and yellow variant. Looks better than the white one.

Also people playing NZap on Brella Night should be banned.

Neiteio

Anyone know where these images are from, and who drew them, and whether there's more, and why Nintendo isn't making a full graphic novel that looks like this?

dgocu6vumaarjcse6ja9.jpg

dgocu6xuaaaidaaackvq.jpg

Kyuur

All these Brellas :lol:

Had an interesting match earlier. The enemy had one afk (they didn't even appear during the opening cutscene) so players on both sides swam around, spun in circles, shot our weapons into the air etc. Good sportsmanship! :lol:

buttdiver

I'm averaging like 16 kills per game with the tri-slosher on tower control. Shit is insane, and I'm not even that good.

Yea it's definitely gonna get nerfed. There is no other weapon that doesn't require precise aiming and has no drop off damage at the 52 gal range (and thus maintaining a 2 shot kill). Add the bomb and ink armor and it's stupidly overpowered.

Biske

Yea it's definitely gonna get nerfed. There is no other weapon that doesn't require precise aiming and has no drop off damage at the 52 gal range (and thus maintaining a 2 shot kill). Add the bomb and ink armor and it's stupidly overpowered.

The weapon itself won't get nerfed, was like this all of Splatoon 1.

Killing in two hits isn't some godly wonder.

Neon.Borealis

Neo Member
Splatoon 2 |OT2| Nerf the bucket
Splatoon 2 |OT2| The not terrible bucket list
Splatoon 2 |OT2| Salting grounds
Splatoon 2 |OT2| Inko de Mayo edition
Splatoon 2 |OT2| The salty splatoon
Splatoon 2 |OT2| A communication error has ocurred

That's all I got for now

buttdiver

The weapon itself won't get nerfed, was like this all of Splatoon 1.

Killing in two hits isn't some godly wonder.

I don't think you understand, but alright keep thinking that. There is a very good reason that the vast majority of pros use this weapon at the moment.

From my personal experiences, I think Jet Squelcher, Splattershot Pro and Rapid Blaster can fight pretty well against Tri Slosher. The Splattershots might be able to as well just due to their nature of being Splattershots.

Biske

The bigger problem is a lot of the maps are essentially just one generic arena so weapons that can easily cover an area excel.

But they can lower the damage on the sloshers but they aren't gonna make them kill with less than 2 hits

Edit: Hell the Tri-Slosher isn't even as good as it used to be, it already was nerfed by no longer having actual invincibility and disruptors.

rudger

Finally finished the campaign. I read here the boss was disappointing, but honestly the whole thing was a letdown.

Compared with the first game: the levels were only a little more complex, but they felt just as constrained. I was hoping they would make more interesting areas to explore, but they instead followed the Mario 3D World style of moving platforms in a skybox, while not being nearly as experimental, fleshed out or simply wide.
The final boss was also simplistic. The whole thing took place in a circular ring, while the first game had you chasing the boss down in different areas, changing tactics.
I'm glad they added more online modes and made some general improvements, but I was expecting more from the single player given this was a full on sequel. Instead it just felt like a rehash of the first game.

buttdiver

I understand perfectly well, I used nearly nothing but the Slosher for all of Splatoon 1

Alright to elaborate a bit more on it then (from thatSRB2dude):

1. The trislosher has greatly increased range compared to Splatoon 1, and in fact outranges the .52 gal even though the paper range should be less. If you think this is the same as in Splatoon 1, then go back and play Splatoon 1 because you are clearly misremembering how this weapon works.

2. Each slosh deals the same damage, no matter if you hit the target in the center or if you hit them with the side slosh. Further, this is 62 damage which means the weapon is a 2 shot kill even you miss the target by quite a large margin. On top of this, it is not subject to RNG spread of projectiles like the splattershot or .52 gal.

3. There is no RNG spread penalty if you jump (wtf?), and it can slosh over walls with all the advantages listed above.

4. Capable of burst bomb comboing, and comes with the global ink armor.

This weapon will be nerfed, and if you believe otherwise then I don't even know what to say. But when you see this used in every single competitive game in the future, don't be surprised.

Biske

1. The trislosher has greatly increased range compared to Splatoon 1, and in fact outranges the .52 gal even though the paper range should be less. If you think this is the same as in Splatoon 1, then go back and play Splatoon 1 because you are clearly misremembering how this weapon works.

2. Each slosh deals the same damage, no matter if you hit the target in the center or if you hit them with the side slosh. Further, this is 62 damage which means the weapon is a 2 shot kill even you miss the target by quite a large margin. On top of this, it is not subject to RNG spread of projectiles like the splattershot or .52 gal.

3. There is no RNG spread penalty if you jump (wtf?), and it can slosh over walls with all the advantages listed above.

This weapon will be nerfed, and if you believe otherwise then I don't even know what to say. But when you see this used in every single competitive game in the future, don't be surprised.

I'm not surprised people use it, its a phenomenal weapon and takes advantage of a lot of the stages, and its easy to do well with. So a lot of people are using it and neglecting other weapons.

Where as in Splatoon 1 the Sloshers came around later so people had already really mastered them and could deal with sloshers quite well.

In nearly all of my matches I'm finding people aren't taking advantage of range adequately.

You can nerf the sloshers, but they are still going to kill in two hits and be ridiculously good.

HeroR

That explains why I had such a hard time against it with my Gal, despite being able to waste the slosh in the first game by keeping my distance. I thought it was rust on my part or people just got better at using it.

I don't mind the other stuff, but that range needs to be reduced if true since it shouldn't outrange a Gal, especially since a slosh is a two-hit kill 90% of the time, where the Gal is in theory two hits, but most of the time requires three hits to kill people. But I don't think anything can be done to make the slosh feel fair in Tower Control.

Kudo

I've fell in love with the Brella, all the animations while holding it are super cute and it's not a bad weapon either.

Biske

I've fell in love with the Brella, all the animations while holding it are super cute and it's not a bad weapon either.

The Brellas are a force to be reckoned with. Specially if they have a team mate and they use the shield while the other goes after you. God damn.

buttdiver

That explains why I had such a hard time against it with my Gal, despite being able to waste the slosh in the first game by keeping my distance. I thought it was rust on my part or people just got better at using it.

I don't mind the other stuff, but that range needs to be reduced if true since it shouldn't outrange a Gal, especially since a slosh is a two-hit kill 90% of the time, where the Gal is in theory two hits, but most of the time requires three hits to kill people. But I don't think anything can be done to make the slosh feel fair in Tower Control.

Agreed. The range is the biggest problem, since at the same range that the .52 gal kills in 3 shots (due to drop off damage) the trislosher maintains a 2-shot kill at greater range with no damage reduction! The only exception is if you slosh an opponent below you, in which case there is damage reduction as with all weapons.

Doesn't make much sense that a weapon that is so easy to use (since you don't even have to aim precisely) should outclass the .52 gal (which requires precision and is subject to RNG) in every way. Especially since these 2 weapons serve similar purposes.

Just played a bunch of Turf War with Adam Boyes (of Sony aka how to share PS4 games with your friends and Iron Galaxy fame), was great! Cool of him to invite people (via Twitter).

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, it's been a good night. Started playing intending to buy the Brella once I saw my daughter testing it out and saw it was actually like a freaking shotgun, but ended up buying that silver gun that everyone likes that looks like an exterminator's spray gun.

That thing fucking smokes! Also, as much as I liked my look and the skills on my outfit I kinda fucked up rerolling my leather jacket so I'm starting over from scratch with some sweet orange and grey moccasins and a fall-camo looking hoodie. I'm hoping I get good skills because I'm out of sea snails. Usually I get first or second on my team in turf war but I'm not really good enough for ranked yet. I presume that's how you get new snails.

What does the freshness rank on your weapon do for you? I thought that it was character based but realized bit when I started from zero with my new weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom