• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

ah shit, CBSN live coverage is over for now. I don't have cable TV to keep me in the loop now. Oh well.

But what i've seen already looks like it's gonna explode. There isn't enough police actually able to control this. People are everywhere having minor clashes.

Why are they still angry? They just won the White House.

How much more racist and fascist do they want this country to be?

Because they still have to live next door to black people and gay people. They won't be happy until they have a holocaust to call their own.

Absolutely disgusting that no one is doing anything about this.

III-V

Its not surprising it is too dangerous for police lol, they racists brought a small and heavily armed militia. National Guard on the way.

jelly

Sooo, the Trump government is okay with this?

Are they any comparisons of how previous governments have dealt with this or has it not come up on this scale for a long time?

"Failed"—as if this outcome was ever not the intent.

Pretty much. Fox News, Infowars, Breitbart, et. al are painting this false narrative that people are falling for because they want to be awful to other people in order to feel better about themselves.

WedgeX

Banned
https://twitter.com/_CraigStanley/status/896365259258200068
About seven seconds in there's a bundle of them.

So I've done some basic digging. A hockey site first identified the group as the Detroit Right Wings. They even found their Gofundme, where they appear to go by the name Detroit Right. And they claimed this in seeking donations:

The Detroit Right, a self-organized group of young Republicans and Conservatives, has a road trip planned for this August.

We're going to travel down to Dixie for a vacation and fellowship event the weekend of August 12. We need your help to get there!

Since approximately 40 of the Detroit Right plan on attending, we will need three 15-person passenger vans to have enough seating. Each van costs about $1,500 to rent for a weekend. Any extra money raised will help pay for gasoline, food, and lodging.

Help us stand up for your Conservative values and beliefs and donate today!

....and from there I fell down a rabbit hole of people uncovering everyone going to the rally.

Also found their youtube channel.

Pretty sure these guys are from the westside of Michigan. Here's to hoping the Illitch family sues them to hell and back for using the Wings logo.

benjipwns

Banned

Are they any comparisons of how previous governments have dealt with this or has it not come up on this scale for a long time?
I think it's best we continue to keep the federal government out of minor protests on state property.

Red

You will almost definitely see any violence blamed on the counter protestors by the administration. They will insinuate that any violence caused by the march was actually due to leftists who infiltrated the ranks.

Make no mistake, this is a celebration of the Trump administration. This is a celebration of the possibilities which have opened up for these people.

Also, they will probably blame Obama directly.

Fucked in the head does not mean mentally ill, if that's the way you're seeing it. In this context it does mean willfully malevolent. But then again, you totally skirted the edit I made.

I assumed you felt that was the case. I was only questioning.

Also I didn't see your edit, man.

To address it: No I'm not blaming counter protesters. In the footage I've personally seen, a group of men were hostile to the point of violence with an older gentleman from the SPLC. That's specifically what I was referring to.

On the other hand, to indulge you, I do very much take issue with anyone choosing to "solve" this sort of issue with violence. It's counterproductive on multiple fronts and is simply wrong on principle. I don't believe I've personally seen any counter protesters being violent outside of instances of self-defense. Granted, I haven't seen that much footage. I'm almost grateful for the fact.

benjipwns

Banned
So I've done some basic digging. A hockey site first identified the group, albeit erroneously, as the Detroit Right Wings. They even found their Gofundme, where they appear to go by the name Detroit Right. And they claimed this in seeking donations:

....and from there I fell down a rabbit hole of people uncovering everyone going to the rally.

Pretty sure these guys are from the westside of Michigan. Here's to hoping the Illitch family sues them to hell and back for using the Wings logo.
Great job, I couldn't find anything. That video even has the "Rust Reforged" slogan that the one guy has on the flag.

That's dumb, I expect better. Be more clever fascists. You'll never get anywhere with this garbage. Wait, I take that back.

I assumed you felt that was the case. I was only questioning.

Also I didn't see your edit, man.

To address it: No I'm not blaming counter protesters. In the footage I've personally seen, a group of men were hostile to the point of violence with an older gentleman from the SPLC. That's specifically what I was referring to.

On the other hand, to indulge you, I do very make take issue with anyone choosing to "solve" this sort of issue with violence. It's counterproductive on multiple fronts and is simply wrong on principle. I don't believe I've personally seen any counter protesters being violent outside of instances of self-defense. I'm grateful for the fact.

Well then alright. It's generally best not be be vague though. It tends to make people give you the side eye. :3

Its not surprising it is too dangerous for police lol, they racists brought a small and heavily armed militia. National Guard on the way.

The National Guard answer to the President. Who's side do you think they are going to take in this? I wasn't alive when they were sent to Kent State, but it doesn't mean I don't remember what happened...sending the National Guard in is basically sending backup for the Nazi's.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So I've done some basic digging. A hockey site first identified the group, albeit erroneously, as the Detroit Right Wings. They even found their Gofundme, where they appear to go by the name Detroit Right. And they claimed this in seeking donations:

The only good part of this is that they raised such a small mount of money for their trip.

All those people who thought they were being clever by saying "we just have to wait for the racists to die out" need to get a reality check. Racism passes the torch, in this case, literally.

And life expectancy is likely gong to continue to climb for the foreseeable future. This unfortunately isn't going to die out :/

Well then alright. It's generally best not be be vague though. It tends to make people give you the side eye. :3

That's understandable. Yes. :)

CNN brings absolute racist Harry Houck back to pretend to be some sort of voice of reason.

Jesus fuck. THAT kind of shit is part of the problem.

sflufan

Banned
The National Guard answer to the President. Who's side do you think they are going to take in this? I wasn't alive when they were sent to Kent State, but it doesn't mean I don't remember what happened...sending the National Guard in is basically sending backup for the Nazi's.

The National Guard is under the authority of the state's governor unless they are "federalized". The VA NG is under orders from the governor currently.

CNN brings absolute racist Harry Houck back to pretend to be some sort of voice of reason.

Jesus fuck. THAT kind of shit is part of the problem.

Thats why i stopped watching CNN, always have to play the "both sides" argument even when its literally nazi's wearing nazi gear and doing nazi salutes.

CNN said that the police have finally declared this an illegal gathering and are starting to move people out. Anyone have anymore info?

bionic77

I know this is most likely a rhetorical question.

But Trump and them winning the WH was just the beginning. Now they can openly do this and feel emboldened.
It still doesn't real how quickly things are happening.

I keep waiting to wake up and for people to say, 'well that was a horrible idea! Lets never do that again.' but instead it seems each week we just keep sliding further and further into insanity.

I am going to really mad when Richard Spencer becomes mainstream in a few months. Fucker already got access to bullshit shows like Joe Rogan experience (he seems to really really want to get to the bottom of how and why Nazi's think and believe the things they do).

LiK

I'm checking various Charlotte local news sites and it seems no one is live streaming the protests and apparently the top news is some Pharmacy robbery. I guess no one works on Saturday.

benjipwns

Banned
Kent State's situation was on the orders of the Governor of Ohio.

WedgeX

Banned
The Detroit Red Wings felt this was serious enough to immediately denounce.

vegmTmS.png

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Just a reminder, these are not baby boomers. This is the future of white America marching.
I don't hate white people and I'd be fine with them being the majority of the population for the foreseeable future, but a not insignificant piece of White America is also OD'ing out of their minds and bodies right now while Asians and Hispanics are multiplying rapidly. These white supremacists can go the way of the Dodo, though. They're a threat to our national security, collective intelligence and political institutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom