• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
This Nazi deserves far worse than a fucking punch.

Nail bat to the shins? Pile driver? Pummeling by MMA fighters?

But yeah, fuck Nazis.

Also...It needs to be said. But so far the writing is on the wall right now. You can feel the tension right now in America if you live here. You can cut it with a knife. Hell, forget seeing it in America, you can see it online, too. The US has been up til this point, a mountain of dynamite, powder kegs and ammunition just waiting for someone to strike the match and light the fuse for all hell to break loose. You can tell me I'm wrong til the cows come home, but I'm seeing it as it is....shit is going to get bad. Bad. And there will be violence. It will get ugly. It's now a matter of when, instead of if. Prepare yourselves, everyone in America and those watching the US from across the seas....we ain't seen nothing yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...5fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html

The car is registered to 20-year-old James Alex Fields of Ohio, according to vehicle registration records reviewed by The Washington Post. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run. Kumer said Fields is being held without bail.

Driver ID'd

edit: Just want to note that I saw this guy's name being floated on Twitter like 3 hours ago, but people were generally being responsible and not spreading it all over the place because they wanted confirmation and weren't trying to frame a false narrative. Get fucked, /pol/.

I suspect this will be a historic moment. A turning point in history.

We can only hope that something good could come from such a horrific tragedy. People often seem blind to this kind of terrorism (domestic). But this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last. I'm really not sure what it would take, not even Sandy Hook or Dylan Roof was enough to really do anything to shift the conversation.

Just came home from a party.
Feeling like shit, hey, let's look what's new.
Fuck this.
Jesus Christ. What the hell is happening.

I only skimmed, but unless I'm mistaken, someone died. RIP.

Really hoping for justice here. I feel like I'm close to fucking breaking.

Enzom21

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...5fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html

Driver ID'd

edit: Just want to note that I saw this guy's name being floated on Twitter like 3 hours ago, but people were generally being responsible and not spreading it all over the place because they wanted confirmation and weren't trying to frame a false narrative. Get fucked, /pol/.

Z3oCtb2.jpg

james-alex-fields-jr__75362_100x100.png
Certainly looks like the driver.

KingV

If you think this will be like the Birmingham Church Explosion by the KKK that killed several little black girls and galvanised the entire country against the KKK, sapping their power and userbase almost overnight, I think you'll be disappointed.

It'll take much worse to get the bigots and nazi's to defect or give up their ideals now.

But, I do think this is a big moment all the same and will, hopefully, have major ramifications.

I think can his may be what puts trump under 30% approval.

Hopefully, at least.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
My buddy was right there only a few feet from the car attack (journalist), so I've been getting direct updates from him, including that video footage being circulated online (posted by him). Insane.

NR1

I can't even begin to explain how angery, upset, and disappointed I am in my country right now. This is just pathetic. I am ashamed at my President and his piss poor leadership and attitude. I am embarrassed that racist and racism can be so freely put on display. I am angery that the alt-right/nazis/white supremacist have co-oped our nation. This is just pathetic. This country needs to do some serious soul searching and self-reflection. This isn't getting any better and I refuse to believe this will continue to be the new status quo.

Trump has got to go and the far right needs to be dismantled. They pose a greater threat to America than any Muslim-- terrorist or otherwise.

Opto

Banned
the dead eyes remind me of the Isla Vista shooter. Christ, Asshole white kids go to the nazis, and asshole muslim kids go to ISIS.

gatling

Been watching and listening all day. Angry but not speechless because we're about to remove a statue here, and talks are stirring up. They wont do well pulling that suff here in Memphis if it comes to it.

bplewis24

Neo Member
20 year old registered Republican. But I thought 4chan said it was an antifa false flag?

THAT'S JUST MOAR PROOF IT'S A FALSE FLAG!!1!

-T_D poster, somewhere

Remember, typically for conspiracy theorists, any reported evidence contradicting their viewpoint is typically proof that the conspiracy runs deep.

commedieu

Banned
It's all over social media, the common thread seems to be:

"With radical racist groups like Antifa and BLM, what the fuck did you expect?! This is just people pushing back!"

Same.

"Protest in street, get run over." Doesn't matter that this was on purpose.

Makes total sense to people.

.........Some people.

Just saying, minorities.. America does not have our back. Executions justified. Terrorism justified. Prison for drugs justified, till it happens to them. Then a state of emergency must be declared.

Wtf happened to america? Jesus christ!

A black man was elected to the WH. The Republicans lost their collective shit, sold out by enabling the worst of their base, pimped the worst person in the past 100 years to please their base, and are now trying to figure out what the fuck to do and who to blame. All the while mind you, acting like it wasn't them that got us here today. You have honestly, reasonable Republicans, on TV right now calling this for what it is but at the same time where were they for the past eight years? During the time period when the Tea Party was blazing full speed ahead, lynching the effigy of the POTUS, the overt racist rhetoric, and the stoking of nationalist flames on Fox news and talk radio on a hourly basis.

Its great, we are going to have a moment of unity, its precious. What about next week, when Trump pushes for the death of the ACA again or disenfranchising voters or kicking gays out of the military, etc. Are they going to vote with him or are they going to stand up?

It came out of the shadows.

Yep, I would say it was lured out with coffee and cake, but yah.

Apt101

This has gotten out of hand. It's just sad, especially seeing so many young people who are buying into the hateful ideologies.

The governor declared a state of emergency. Do any northern Virginians know what that is entailing? Are they shutting down any other planned protests up there? Police patrolling in force?

commedieu

Banned
This is our past we are trying to leave behind. It's clearly upset some people.

Our wonderful founding fathers were white male slave owners. It may take a bit longer to get our shit together.

But I was told we lived in a post racial America...

Wtf.

Top Bottom