• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapplew

Yea. Both Code Vein and SAO are surprising to me. I'm curious what From's next title will be.

Bamco really supporting Xbox big time, I'm thinking they might announce NinoKuni 2 Xbox one X port or like Bsigg12 said, next From game.

big_z

Probably not. Mostly likely though you'll get some good stuff from the Mixer Pot during the stream if E3 was any indication. Anyone want to take a guess what will be in there? I was almost thinking Recore, but it seems the Definitive Edition is going to be large part of the show. Sunset was already given out on Games for Gold so probably not. Can't think of too many other Rare Replay type first party games they could give out.

Do we know what times we have to watch to get the mixpot this time around? I like that they do this but the E3 giveaway was kind of buggy so hopefully it works better this time around.

Dynomutt

Bamco really supporting Xbox big time, I'm thinking they might announce NinoKuni 2 Xbox one X port or like Bsigg12 said, next From game.

Wishful? Possible? I just can't see NNK2 especially after the Level 5 fiasco. From is more of a possibility I guess I could see that. They did have DS3 at the MS conference so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Tomorrow will tell!

Jetboxx

I remember some rumors about Ninja Gaiden, Borderland 3 etc running back at E3 time.
They said they hold back a lot of announcements at E3, could be one of those, especially new Ninaja Gaiden, since Phil's Japan trip seems really effective.
Fuck Ninja Gaiden, Hayashi and team will just ruin everything AGAIN. Gimme a game by Itagaki!
P.S. What if Project Hollywood is Devil's Third 2?

It's taken a while, but at least it's only about 13 more hours, and depending on where you live, most of that could be sleep!

I live on the West Coast, so 12pm for me. I work nights, will go to bed around 6AM and set my alarm for 11 so I can grab something to eat first lol.

I'm just glad we're finally getting something because with each passing day my interest in buying the XBOX was starting to decline. Especially after having a $500 gift card forom GameStop (that I got after trading in a lot of games during that promo they had in July).

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Any new game-related news is going to be OG BC-related, surely?

kevin1025

Banned
I live on the West Coast, so 12pm for me. I work nights, will go to bed around 6AM and set my alarm for 11 so I can grab something to eat first lol.

I'm just glad we're finally getting something because with each passing day my interest in buying the XBOX was starting to decline. Especially after having a $500 gift card forom GameStop (that I got after trading in a lot of games during that promo they had in July).

Hopefully the night passes by fast! Not too long left!

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
All good lol! Super Lucky's Tale does meet that need. Game looks fun and certainly has personality.

I agree that it's different, but it's a bit like me asking for a new Project Gotham in a year that we have a new Forza Horizon.

Hopes and dreams, baby, hopes and dreams.

Which they are going to crush in a matter of seconds today! :)

Better to just not expect anything. I'm expecting something similar to the daily E3 show where we'll see developers being interviewed, some new footage of already announced games, short tour of their booth, that kind of stuff.

Colbert

Banned
I dont think there are mixpots this time, but yes this is the right link

They say in their marketing there are giveaways as they stream, how else you would do this? Its may not named mixpot this time ...

b9voevc.png

Also from Xbox Wire:
What's more, you can sign in to your Microsoft account at Mixer.com and you'll be in with a chance of winning lots of great prizes and be able to ask questions to the teams behind your favorite games.
Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2017/08/17/tune-in-for-xbox-at-gamescom-live-this-weekend/#yZpKTloYBHYeOdB6.99

You both sure you have linked your mixer account to your gamertag and were logged in? I got 2 games last time (maybe it could have 3 but I already owned Rare Replay)
Yeah I'm pretty sure. It kept asking me if it was my right account about 10 times, then it told me to sign in again multiple times, then it just stopped.

I saw a thing where it showed my account was connected to Mixer but nothing ever came.

Head.spawn

Yeah I'm pretty sure. It kept asking me if it was my right account about 10 times, then it told me to sign in again multiple times, then it just stopped.

I saw a thing where it showed my account was connected to Mixer but nothing ever came.

I saw it pop up in my mixer notification days after I watched it. And the only reason I looked there is because the game magically popped up in my "My Games and Apps" on my Xbox.

Colbert

Banned

I remember to have had same issues to log in into mixer on my Xbox One and PC but shortly before the stream went live I was able to login and the login also was showed to me on both devices. Maybe you gave up too early?

I saw it pop up in my mixer notification days after I watched it. And the only reason I looked there is because the game magically popped up in my "My Games and Apps" on my Xbox.
Yeah I kept hoping for that haha! Rare Replay never appeared nor did the other stuff. It was bizarre.
I remember to have had same issues to log in into mixer on my Xbox One and PC but shortly before the stream went live I was able to login and the login also was showed to me on both devices. Maybe you gave up too early?
Well no that can't be cause I was using it for the whole week of E3. I always used the Mixer app to see any news on Xbox One stuff. I even watched the Press Conference with it.

Poona

You both sure you have linked your mixer account to your gamertag and were logged in? I got 2 games last time (maybe it could have 3 but I already owned Rare Replay)

Yeah, used my hotmail account which is my Microsoft account which I use to login to Windows and XBOX. Tried watching the streams on the Mixer.com website as well as on the Mixer app on the XBox one itself, and got nothing.

Edit: Actually I did get the mixpot. I just got no notifications from mixer or on the console itself as I heard others were getting, but I just decided to test something out then by uninstalling rare replay (I have the disc version) and I found it as being listed as listed as ready to install. I also found 'no time to explain' there and I had not previously noticed that either.

kadotsu

Banned
So what is your floor for expectations?

I think we'll get some Forza cars (maybe a glimpse at the DLC roadmap), the reveal of the AoE project, PUPG's controller UI and a B-Tier new announcement ala Screamride.

wapplew

So what is your floor for expectations?

I think we'll get some Forza cars (maybe a glimpse at the DLC roadmap), the reveal of the AoE project, PUPG's controller UI and a B-Tier new announcement ala Screamride.

Some unexpected third party exclusive like Rise of Tomb Raider, could be Ninja Gaiden or Borderland 3 base on the old E3 rumor. Spencer said they haven't do that in Gamescom for a while.
They need something big to get the momentum going, wash that Crackdown 3 news away and infuse confidence at first party. Last trade show before One X launch, they will show they means business.

By the way....

Something game related they said, right? That means it could be a DLC for an existing game, maybe a free smaller game for viewers, maybe a new trailer of an already announced game. I'm sure if this was something big they would hype it up much more.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets revealed there as again a timed exclusive because no way will SE do otherwise.

SE would have to have gone insane to green light another Tomb Raider exclusivity deal with Xbox, considering the massive fan backlash and sales damage the last one caused.

Besides which, that deal was rumoured to be both originating from and heavily pushed by Crystal Dynamics, due to the guys in charge of the studio having an irrational obsession with making TR an Xbox affiliated brand, inspite of 80% of the series fanbase being on other systems. Since CD aren't making Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I just can't see it happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom