• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$162 of forbidden sushi. How do I take this L?

It's a delivery job. Why would he take it seriously?

I can't tell if you are being serious.

But let me tell you a story. I ordered B1G1 pizza from Dominos website today and chose "pay at store" opinion. My wife picked them up and they didn't charge her. They didn't call me back either.

I guess a lot of people working in the fast food industry don't take their jobs seriously.

Hex

Banned
If you rely so much on GPS, then it is your responsibility to have the charger in your car and always plugged in for the most part when possible.
You fucked up, it happens.
If they do not seem to mind, so be it.
But...the root cause was you fucked up, nothing more and nothing less.

It's a delivery job. Why would he take it seriously?

Spoken like someone without a job living off mommy.
Every job you have matters, if not fuck off and do not take the job.
People use these delivery services expecting their shit.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Is Rock and Roll sushi on Market St. near the Castro? If so, I can confirm that that place is really hard to find.

Edit: Also OP is why I always stuck with Uber Eats or Caviar.

Quixzlizx

I don't understand why Postmates isn't going to penalize you.

I'm imagining the OP two weeks from now murdering a family he's delivering to and propping the corpses up at the kitchen table while he eats with them, calling Postmates first to make sure he's not going to be penalized.

lightus

I don't understand why Postmates isn't going to penalize you.

I'm imagining the OP two weeks from now murdering a family he's delivering to and propping the corpses up at the kitchen table while he eats with them, calling Postmates first to make sure he's not going to be penalized.

Uhhh huh?

It's a delivery company. If it's the first time op messed up they may have a leniency rule. They probably still made note of it.

Also really weird direction you took it with that second paragraph.

Javaman

I don't know ow about the sushi and delivery parts but I can verify the annoying boot loop when recharging Android phones/tablets. Whatever genius designed them to turn their screens on to show a dead battery when plugged in can go straight to hell. The way I figure it draws more current than the USB port can pull to light the screen causing it to keep turning on and off in a loop.

Ri'Orius

I left out some bits because I thought it wasn't worth mentioning.

The delivery was canceled by the time I got back and my phone started up. I told the support services what happened and they said not to worry and that I was not going to be penalized.

Realize that I tried to find where the person lived, but my phone was busted. Also, I was a 15 minute drive from my place.

Not penalized? Like, you're not even on the hook for the $162? Or just meaning they won't hold it against you for future jobs?

If the former, man, I should do Postmates, my phone's battery is shit.

M52B28

Banned
This story seems like some bullshit lol.

except it isn't, so...

Not penalized? Like, you're not even on the hook for the $162? Or just meaning they won't hold it against you for future jobs?

If the former, man, I should do Postmates, my phone's battery is shit.
No penalization.

I've only messed up on one other delivery and that was a month ago or so. I've done 52 deliveries and have only messed up these two. That other delivery, I was asked to pick up a chicken sandwich and soup. I wasted the soup all over my car because the of the size of the hills in SF. I had to cancel it and I didn't get penalized.

I mean, I guess they just keep track of the frequency of incidents like this, but if it becomes excessive, they will terminate your account.

M52B28

Banned
Keeping a power bank with you in the future might be a good idea if your phone is so crucial.
I had one with me but I didn't have a usb cord. I was so pissed.

Turns out Postmates still paid me $3.45 for trying to do the delivery.. oh well.

Oppo

I don't know ow about the sushi and delivery parts but I can verify the annoying boot loop when recharging Android phones/tablets. Whatever genius designed them to turn their screens on to show a dead battery when plugged in can go straight to hell. The way I figure it draws more current than the USB port can pull to light the screen causing it to keep turning on and off in a loop.

nah. iphones display this graphic too. they just are smart enough not to go into a boot loop.

DOWN

Banned
There’s too many food delivery apps

Uber Eats
Caviar
Postmates
Doorstep
Door Dash
Grubhub/Seamless
OrderUp
Beyond Menu
Etc.

And most of the restaurants only use one of those so oh need a bunch of apps to actually cover all the restaurants around you

Does the L here stand for "loss"? It doesn't make much sense if so. The original poster has consumed or otherwise disposed of the sushi, and it's extremely perishable in any case. This is the loss. It's already happened, no question about it. I don't think Santa Claus is going to step in and wave a wad of money around.

But let me tell you a story. I ordered B1G1 pizza from Dominos website today and chose "pay at store" opinion. My wife picked them up and they didn't charge her. They didn't call me back either.

I guess a lot of people working in the fast food industry don't take their jobs seriously.

Again why the fuck would they? Minimum wage, no respect no security...

Same shit over here in Vienna. Everyone bitching about the lack of good service personell. Well pay them a fair wage instead of employing students on minimum wage... Greedy shitstains.

OP, take this as a life lesson. 200 bucks stings I know, but if you see it as an investment to become better organized it's a really small fee to pay.

Skar

Well. You did some dumb-ish things here but it was an honest mistake I think. Whatever man, do what you want with the sushi. Didnt even effect your job really.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
There’s too many food delivery apps

Uber Eats
Caviar
Postmates
Doorstep
Door Dash
Grubhub/Seamless
OrderUp
Beyond Menu
Etc.

And most of the restaurants only use one of those so oh need a bunch of apps to actually cover all the restaurants around you

Time for an aggregator app!

If you rely so much on GPS, then it is your responsibility to have the charger in your car and always plugged in for the most part when possible.
You fucked up, it happens.
If they do not seem to mind, so be it.
But...the root cause was you fucked up, nothing more and nothing less.

Spoken like someone without a job living off mommy.
Every job you have matters, if not fuck off and do not take the job.
People use these delivery services expecting their shit.
It isn't their fault you are too lazy to go get your own food.

Also if you want someone to do a good job pay the job what it's worth. Otherwise don't complain if people don't do it correctly.

Edit: And no I disagree that every job matters. Their are a lot of jobs that exist that don't matter.

cantona222

So you are a an independent food delivery driver then? Weren't you supposed to elaborate more on that? I got confused.
Also what is the $162 about?

You believe that?

I got out of my car and saw them walking and asked them if I they wanted some. College students always need food, so why not? I wasn't going to eat all of it anyways and by that time the order was canceled.

Wait. How did you know the order was canceled when you gave it to those girl? You said the order was canceled when you got back to your place. When you met those girls your phone was still dead wasn't it?

Tobor

There has been a phone charger in my car every day for the past 15 years. They just stay in the car. There’s no reason to take them out of the car.

Why would anyone not have a phone charger?

I was expecting the thread to be about some cursed sushi that you got, not a failed PostMates delivery. Pretty disappointed honestly.

M52B28

Banned
Wait. How did you know the order was canceled when you gave it to those girl? You said the order was canceled when you got back to your place. When you met those girls your phone was still dead wasn't it?
Because I had my phone on the battery bank. When I parked my car at my parking space at home my phone turned on and it said it was canceled. So I just gave some away.

Top Bottom