• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

GTSport
LoeSPz.png

One thing I don't get about GTS, how come it seems that the Nurburgring (and no other track) has a really motion-blur look on its textures, even when the car isn't moving?

I don't see what's wrong with it, you know no car shakes on a straight like that, I see no bumps in the road there, nothing is depicted on the track...There is no reason for such heavy shaking in PC2, it's almost like the bonnet is loose from the chassis.

My bad, I was just talking about the environments. I just find GT, as usual, to be so hit or miss. It can look totally outstanding one moment and then like its using the same 2 generation old assets the next.

PC2 has visual issues for sure, i just find it's more consistent.

shandy706

All the images above hurt my eyes at full res. They're either full of jaggies or incredibly blurry....and/or a combination of those 2 things.

My bad, I was just talking about the environments. I just find GT, as usual, to be so hit or miss. It can look totally outstanding one moment and then like its using the same 2 generation old assets the next.

PC2 has visual issues for sure, i just find it's more consistent.

That was my issue with the PS3 era GTs as well. GTSport seems pretty consistent though.

Forza 7, PC2, GTSport, and Driveclub

https://youtu.be/YkteQfuMaX0

I can't believe a 3 year old game DC, still is beating some of these juggernauts of racing. Also the sense of speed in DC is best, the other games seem like they are driving a corolla. What a masterpiece DC still is and I can only imagine how amazing DC2 would have been if Sony stupidly has not shut them down. What a shame. Boo Sony boo!!

and again(quite obviously too) max settings on pc changes nothing. theres no effective AA either except brute forcing a high enough number of pixels

thelastword

Banned
The weather comparisons, lol. Driveclub on a completely different level, nothing touches it.
Not just weather either, when the camera went from cockipit to Full Car View in DC and the other games, it was a revelation how superior DC's lighting, Car model, reflections and environments were compared to the rest. I think GTS will beat DC with some texture work and general IQ, but DC's environments look so impressive in motion even without weather......

But yes, with weather DC just takes it that much further.......Moreover, that sense of speed though?.....For a 30fps racer...I've never seen that before till this game...I mean, MStorm was fast too at 30Hz, but DC with predominantly fast cars is just crazy...

ethomaz

Banned
I can't believe a 3 year old game DC, still is beating some of these juggernauts of racing. Also the sense of speed in DC is best, the other games seem like they are driving a corolla. What a masterpiece DC still is and I can only imagine how amazing DC2 would have been if Sony stupidly has not shut them down. What a shame. Boo Sony boo!!
DC is the only 30fps game from these... even so I believe GTS looks the best in this video.

DC is the only 30fps game from these... even so I believe GTS looks the best in this video.

That is true ... and I know that is negative against it, but it still is silky smooth and has the best sense of speed. Maybe Evo would have hit 60fps if they would have been given a chance for DC2 at least on the Pro.

Södy

That is true ... and I know that is negative against it, but it still is silky smooth and has the best sense of speed. Maybe Evo would have hit 60fps if they would have been given a chance for DC2 at least on the Pro.

Yeah, framce-pacing is indrecible in the game. I would have loved a 60fps patch for DC on the Pro.

kikiribu

Driveclub still looks better than all of them to me. It’s crazy. I know that the 30fps allowed them to do more graphically, so maybe it’s not fair, but the detail in the game is just insane. It’s depressing to know we won’t see Driveclub 2 or a Pro update for DC1.

ethomaz

Banned
DC really needs a Pro patch.

On consoles Forza 7 on X will probably look the best with GTS in second.

I’m surprised how bad pCARs 2 looks in consoles compared with the others.

Gestault

DC really needs a Pro patch.

On consoles Forza 7 on X will probably look the best with GTS in second.

I’m surprised how bad pCARs 2 looks in consoles compared with the others.

GTS has really come along though. I'm hoping some of the odd shadow jitter and LoD pop-in ends up being a little less prominent at release, because otherwise, they're pushing out lovely results in even "mundane" conditions.

Sebmugi

GTS has really come along though. I'm hoping some of the odd shadow jitter and LoD pop-in ends up being a little less prominent at release, because otherwise, they're pushing out lovely results in even "mundane" conditions.

in first footage of the final version the shadows of the trees are set and the density of foliage around the track has been greatly accetuer since the beta .. I think they did this for the others tracks of the game ...

https://youtu.be/LIm9VviZ-TU?t=155

gudzIuc.gif

with the release of the game forza 7 and the videos that circulates on the net I realized one thing ..

some people say of GT sport that between the gameplay phase and the replays it was not the same game .. I tell myself the same for forza 7 but on the contrary so the replays are of another time ... :boggled:

So who do I have to send nude pictures to at Turn 10 for them to enable / allow customisable per object motion blur in gameplay on PC? Why is that not an option ?! :/

Gestault

with the release of the game forza 7 and the videos that circulates on the net I realized one thing ..

some people say of GT sport that between the gameplay phase and the replays it was not the same game .. I tell myself the same for forza 7 but on the contrary so the replays are of another time ... :boggled:

Meaning the gameplay comes across as more impressive than replays?

Gestault

yes I find and it is better .. but the few replays I could see make me a little hurt .. :/ especially on backlight plans that flatten the image

https://youtu.be/In8b_ILcSRI?t=299
https://youtu.be/w87eO4YLoNo?t=408

I would actually agree with that, on a lot of scenarios. I think the changes/improvements in Forza 6 with the Nascar expansion made some great-looking replay results, but replays are an area that Gran Turismo has consistently been best-in-class.

The demo for Forza 7 didn't have replays, so I'm wondering how those will come across in the final game.

Sebmugi

turn 10 probably does not take enough time to improve it properly ... it's a choice that can be understood. ^^
Edit:I put youtube captures .. ?? yes/no..?!

magawolaz

turn 10 probably does not take enough time to improve it properly ... it's a choice that can be understood. ^^
Edit:I put youtube captures .. ?? yes/no..?!

You know, although these are not a visual treat the way GT replays are, there seems to be some improvement to the angles that are being shown. It's good to see actually. Idk if it's the the actual videos or Youtube they seem slow to me. Some kind of hiccuping.

They're using the same Maple Valley replay angles as the originals. smh

Sebmugi

For me it's mostly due to the camera direction. Quick cuts, extreme close-ups, obnoxious camera shake... it makes my head hurt.
Same reason I couldn't enjoy Driveclub replays. GT replays are on another level imho.

yes for me also the replays of driveclub really are not super inspired ..
it's a shame because watching a great race we did is part of the fun of a car game so no am I the only one who loves it .. ;p

it's also a pity for PC2 that offers a sad show in replay ..

Behlel

It's always super interesting to see stuff like this, the first game of the gen used all that new power for what I feel like is a good use but then they dial it back so they can add a few new features somewhere else, making the track in 7 look like a HD version of something from forza 3 or 4.
They have lowered even the poly of the tires on the side of the track, when you see them closely now they have clearly a lot of edges now.
screenshot_20170929-1okxs0.png

They have lowered even the poly of the tires on the side of the track, when you see them closely now they have clearly a lot of edges now.
screenshot_20170929-1okxs0.png

PC - ultra
vlcsnap-2017-09-29-15i8u1k.png

Don't mind the performance in this shot, the game is completely fucked up on my rig at the moment for reasons I do not understand.

Top Bottom