• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

bud

just got kicked out due to an error right before the karting event started.

now i have to wait another hour.

fucking hell.

Loving it but PD, you better sort your fucking servers out. This is amateur hour, getting kicked out literally every half hour. When I am actually able to play though, very fun!

88random

Yeah, I won a race, results got confirmed and just as I was getting to that victory screen I lost connection. The win was not recorded :/

Anyway, this fucking game
37641284471_9bf8dc529f_h.jpg

23787638408_6471bca160_h.jpg

GHG

fucking hell.

Same thing here but it seemed like the whole lobby got kicked out. We may have been in the same group.

Still surprised at how good this game plays with a dual shock. I changed stick sensitivity to 4.

I remember Project Cars playing like ass with a controller.

Also, am I the only one who enjoys the museum/brand/history stuff.

This game is pure class. I feel like my farts smell better when I play this game.

IKizzLE

What a demo !?

cool, to those who played it , how does it look compared to Drive club?
And is the demo timed or online with PS+ only ?

In terms of gameplay graphics, I still think Driveclub overall looks better from a car and track perspective. However, you have to realize that Driveclub is 30fps. GTS is head and shoulders above every racer out in photo mode however.

GHG

Have they said how many daily events for sport mode will be in the final game?

I need more of these, the SR thing makes it work for me. I don't like having to wait so long in between races.

Man, I simply can't beat this crash issue. I even deleted all my saved game data and started from scratch. Still instant crash in options menu no matter where I try to access it. I guess I will just wait for the full game.

On a positive note, I noticed they added the real time sector delta data in time trial mode. This is a huge addition for actually improving your lap times in a meaningful way. It could be expanded a little more, but really happy to see it added.

What a demo !?

cool, to those who played it , how does it look compared to Drive club?
And is the demo timed or online with PS+ only ?

Demo ends tomorrow, open to everyone, but the final game will require PS+ for all online events.

Compared to Driveclub, GTS easily wins on IQ, and probably wins on car models. GTS's lighting is good, but I think DC's is still better. GTS always looks a bit washed out even after exposure correction. DC's lighting model seems to do a better job retaining color saturation, and lighting/shadows on foliage looks more convincing. From the few tracks of GTS I've seen, DC handily beats them on sheer beauty and the feel of driving through an environment. But hard to say definitively since we haven't seen all the tracks yet. GTS also apparently has no weather events, just different times of day. Foliage is 2D sprites, which you don't notice when barreling down a straight, but very noticeable on replays. GTS tracks are utilitarian and functional, but the focus is on the racing and they optimized for 60fps.

Unknown?

Sport mode is surprisingly fun. I know I am not that good but I don’t stress because I know the peeps in the back always spin out or crash and I can get a decent place in the race. Plus penalties typically shoots me up a few spots. Driving clean will get you ahead even if others try to eff you up.

Demo ends tomorrow, open to everyone, but the final game will require PS+ for all online events.

Compared to Driveclub, GTS easily wins on IQ, and probably wins on car models. GTS's lighting is good, but I think DC's is still better. GTS always looks a bit washed out even after exposure correction. DC's lighting model seems to do a better job retaining color saturation, and lighting/shadows on foliage looks more convincing. From the few tracks of GTS I've seen, DC handily beats them on sheer beauty and the feel of driving through an environment. But hard to say definitively since we haven't seen all the tracks yet. GTS also apparently has no weather events, just different times of day. Foliage is 2D sprites, which you don't notice when barreling down a straight, but very noticeable on replays. GTS tracks are utilitarian and functional, but the focus is on the racing and they optimized for 60fps.

Biggest thing is IQ. GTS has much better image quality than Driveclub. But then again I'm playing on a PRO.

ICO_SotC

fucking hell.

Just happened to me *twice* on the Tokyo track. Got to warm up with the rest of the lobby, then boom, disconnected when it went to start.

Having this game on as a screen saver is the best thing ever lol.

Was supposed to just write a couple of e-mails before going into some races but then I just kinda enjoyed having the music and began browsing for a bit.

I love it.

Not that big of racing games to justify a 60 dollar purchase though to be completely honest. I'll get it at a sale
in a years time by the look of it also lol

cakely

Man, I simply can't beat this crash issue. I even deleted all my saved game data and started from scratch. Still instant crash in options menu no matter where I try to access it. I guess I will just wait for the full game.

On a positive note, I noticed they added the real time sector delta data in time trial mode. This is a huge addition for actually improving your lap times in a meaningful way. It could be expanded a little more, but really happy to see it added.

This is what worked for me: Start a race (time trial, arcade, whatever). Hit 'options', then go down to advanced options. Set something. Finish the race. Now options should work from the main screen.

This is what worked for me: Start a race (time trial, arcade, whatever). Hit 'options', then go down to advanced options. Set something. Finish the race. Now options should work from the main screen.

I tried this. No luck :( I still need to go back through all the suggestions on my new save. Kind of pointless now. I completed a ton before deleting save. Also, manual save never worked for me, so I don't think any of this stuff was syncing to GT servers anyway. There might be something up with my account on their servers. Does the manual save button on the main menu work for anyone else? It always failed for me.

bud

tried it again an hour later. did some qualifying laps.

and then as it was matching me with other players... disconnected from network.

💀

christ.

GHG

tried it again an hour later. did some qualifying laps.

and then as it was matching me with other players... disconnected from network.

💀

christ.

Lmao that's rotten luck.

I'm about to start my race now from second on the grid. Wish me luck...

Shock32

fucking hell.

Will there be more races in the full game? That's the only downfall for me right now is waiting 45 minutes for the next race.

Sports Mode is a stroke of genius. In the beta when my SR was A -- I had fantastic races every single time.

24 players is a bit too much for some tracks though. Surprised they aren't doing fuel economy races yet.

GHG

God damn it I played myself. Spun out at the last chicane on the penultimate lap from the lead down to 7th :/

Positive is got a blue rating, shouldn't be long before I'm upgraded back to C hopefully.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Just finished a video on this game and it's the first one I've made entirely in HDR. I just can't get over how good the HDR implementation is here. Truly the best I've seen and it's not even close.

coiler

Just finished a video on this game and it's the first one I've made entirely in HDR. I just can't get over how good the HDR implementation is here. Truly the best I've seen and it's not even close.

Posting today? I'm checking YT like every 30 mins.
GT Sport is the perfect game to sell HDR tv's.

Gestault

Heck yeah. I wasn't sure how much of the PD presentations on their HDR efforts were legitimately "above and beyond," and how much were just internal reactions to the normal benefits of HDR.

Washed out wont be a problem if you happen to own an HDR set,

I have a PS4 pro and KS8000
I hope, it supports both when I play it tonight.

Wow not even close, awesome. I guess PD weren't lying when they said the HDR in this game is beyond what TV's can display right now.

Looking forward to the video. I haven't played with HDR yet, couldn't be bothered to unhook my PSVR but will be doing next week for the full game. I came away very impressed with the level of polish, it's far better than even I thought it would be.

JJShadow

They have to come up with a solution for losing SR when people hit you from behind. Like, why is that my fault?

I still don't get how people are getting that track down that low. My best time it a 44.9. And I don't see how I could be losing more than a second on that sharp turn at the end.

That was a perfect lap, but I'm regularly sitting on 43.5-44.0. I'd say that the previous corner to that last chicane is the trickiest one, making you gain or lose a lot of time. Be aggresive on that one, you can take it faster than it actually seems

bud

They have to come up with a solution for losing SR when people hit you from behind. Like, why is that my fault?

That was a perfect lap, but I'm regularly sitting on 43.5-44.0. I'd say that the previous corner to that last chicane is the trickiest one, making you gain or lose a lot of time. Be aggresive on that one, you can take it faster than it actually seems

what gear do you take that specific corner in? do you go wide at the end? my fastest lap was when i took it in fourth gear and stayed on the inside.

nothing has worked for me either. i really hope that bug is fixed in the final build of the game because its a game breaker if I cant alter any options or claim any cars.

Hakkuei

Do I have to buy a gr.4 car in order to join that Interlagos race? I thought there was supposed to be a base car available from the start but there is nothing to select. It was the same with the karts earlier but it finally appeared when I tried at a later time, so I'm a bit confused.

Top Bottom