• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Alkez

The unit calculator hasn't updated yet so I've been doing some manual calculations on Grim Lord Sakura. Forgive me if there are errors.

So currently there are 2 BiS builds from what I can see. Pure mag focused, and the bulky version. All builds are using Tetra Sylphid as the esper.

Pure Mag Build

Mateus's Malice
Trick Hat
Dark Robe
Ice Rosetta
Ice Rosetta

Rod Mastery
Dark Bond
Pride of the Six - Light
Adventurer V

Estimated stat line:

HP - 4837
Mag - 1281

Bulky Mag Build

Reaver
Trick Hat
Dark Robe
Ice Rosetta
Ice Rosetta

Mag +30%
Mag +30%
Pride of the Six - Light
Adventurer V

Estimated stat line:

HP - 6574
Mag - 1204

Not BiS Builds

Now obviously the biggest issue from what I've presented is the fact that few people have White Knight Noel, yet alone two. First I will say that in the future there is a 4* unit called Wado, who has a TM that is the mag version of Desch's. But currently we don't have him so if you replace Ice Rosetta with Magistral Crest you get roughly 1194 mag on the pure build, and and 1117 mag on the bulky build.

The bulky build is also easier to access for those who don't have a plethora of 5* TMs as it only requires Sakura's own TM, and Light Veritas', which can easily be replaced by another mag +30% for 5836 HP and 1098 mag. Still very respectable.

Hopefully I haven't made any mistakes with this but my own Sakura is looking to be on course to hit these numbers once she's potted. Anyways, hope this helps everyone who pulled her today.

Doctor_No

Hard pulled around 380 pulls over two accounts. Between the two accounts, 3 Rainbows, and 1 Sakura on my GF's account. Anecdotally, banner rates seem to be very low, around 11 Nichols and 9 Jakes between the accounts.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hard pulled around 380 pulls over two accounts. Between the two accounts, 3 Rainbows, and 1 Sakura on my GF's account. Anecdotally, banner rates seem to be very low, around 11 Nichols and 9 Jakes between the accounts.

I don't really think it's anecdotally.

Syntsui

4 Rainbows in almost 400 pulls is straight up the rainbow rate everyone knows of. It's as low as it has always been since the game released.

Pejo

Well, my luck of getting a rainbow in every 10 pull has ended. Did 2 pulls on this banner, but I did get 2 Nichols and 2 Jakes, and an undetermined amount of Lids, so I'm still happy. I don't really like running mages anyways, so Sakura would just ride the bench like my existing TT's, Emps, Dark Finas, and whoever else. Nichol was the big get for me this time, that skillset looks really unique.

I still have enough for 1 pull on the Y1 halloween banner if it comes back next week. I'd love a Demon Rain now that he's getting buffed to ridiculous levels.

Xevren

My bad luck has ended. Did daily and got Black cat and decided to just use a 10+1 ticket

New silvia (cant believe it, pulled so hard for her and never got her)
Pirate Jake!
Pirate Jake!
Illusionist Nichol
Veritas of the heavens (new!)
and a god damn Veritas of the Dark

I can't believe I got those banner units from that ticket, I don't need to pull for anything here now. Holy shit I'm happy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My bad luck has ended. Did daily and got Black cat and decided to just use a 10+1 ticket

New silvia (cant believe it, pulled so hard for her and never got her)
Pirate Jake!
Pirate Jake!
Illusionist Nichol
Veritas of the heavens (new!)
and a god damn Veritas of the Dark

I can't believe I got those banner units from that ticket, I don't need to pull for anything here now. Holy shit I'm happy.

...You got all those from a single 10+1 ticket ? Goddamn.... congrats.

RedZaraki

Banned
Assuming I have 4 mages who are all the same character but I'm rearranging their equipment.

Would it be better to have 4 mages with 800 MAG each, or 3 mages with 700 MAG and 1 mage with 1100 MAG.

In other words, should you stack a lot on one character or distribute it evenly?

udca

Something's not right with grim sakura's mag % increase with reddit. I don't think the +100% mag when a single weapon is equipped in both hands.

I have magical crest : 30%
Magical scrunchie : 20%
Sworn six pride light : 40%
Strategist ingenuity : 30%
Malboro's whisper : 30%
Mag + 30%

Innate passsives :
Mag +30%
Vicious +30%
Enigmatic : supposedly +100%

I should have +340% mag which is over the cap, but when I remove a mag +30%, i lose 47 mag. So enigmatic is probably like +50%

Syntsui

Assuming I have 4 mages who are all the same character but I'm rearranging their equipment.

Would it be better to have 4 mages with 800 MAG each, or 3 mages with 700 MAG and 1 mage with 1100 MAG.

In other words, should you stack a lot on one character or distribute it evenly?
If this is for arena, anything over 500 is pointless. If not, even it out and only maximize the finisher.

So I've seen many state they want Nichol from this banner and some say that he will be very useful for future trials.

Is this due to this LB preventing physical damage twice for all allies and that's it?

I got him, but wondering where his use is going to come from and if I should invest in leveling him up. I have yet to grab the 100 cactuars from Mog King.

Syntsui

So I've seen many state they want Nichol from this banner and some say that he will be very useful for future trials.

Is this due to this LB preventing physical damage twice for all allies and that's it?

I got him, but wondering where his use is going to come from and if I should invest in leveling him up. I have yet to grab the 100 cactuars from Mog King.
Level him up, he will be a staple unit for every single trial from now on. Yes, because of the evade moves.

robotuw

Gah, what a horrible morning. A dozen tickets got me dupe Refia, Weirei, 3 BCL and the rest crap. Decided to spend my 5* EX ticket and it was Lightning #3, I want to die. Also got 1-shot by Cerberus but I didn't do any research on him first so that's what I get. At least the event seems good.

Edit: Beat Cerberus on second try and got Rikku's TM done. I'm clawing back a happy ending.

across

Arena damage caps are per attack, not per chain. One chain means everyone is benefitting from higher modifiers. Ashe x2 + TTerra x2 = everything melts to a big 29(ish)-hit chain. Even if you could split it into two seperate ones, you'd miss out on damage. I don't understand.

Alkez

Something's not right with grim sakura's mag % increase with reddit. I don't think the +100% mag when a single weapon is equipped in both hands.

I have magical crest : 30%
Magical scrunchie : 20%
Sworn six pride light : 40%
Strategist ingenuity : 30%
Malboro's whisper : 30%
Mag + 30%

Innate passsives :
Mag +30%
Vicious +30%
Enigmatic : supposedly +100%

I should have +340% mag which is over the cap, but when I remove a mag +30%, i lose 47 mag. So enigmatic is probably like +50%

It's 100% equipment mag. So you gain around 250-300 mag extra. It's why her mag can go to 1280. Hence why in my build above I used Rosetta instead of magistral crest.

RedZaraki

Banned
Arena damage caps are per attack, not per chain. One chain means everyone is benefitting from higher modifiers. Ashe x2 + TTerra x2 = everything melts to a big 29(ish)-hit chain. Even if you could split it into two seperate ones, you'd miss out on damage. I don't understand.

Well that's true for the base Chaos Wave, but Chaos Wave + 2 has different frame data. However, it sounds like 2 + 2 would STILL chain, overall. That is, each enemy would be repeatedly hit by damage that would never be from the same source consecutively.

yamarei

Neo Member
Burned through four 10+1 tickets, 10 summon tickets, and a 4* ticket. Illusionist Nichol, Pirate Jake and a bunch of other dupe golds. No rainbows. I know I should probably be happy to have gotten both banner 4*'s, but at a certain point I just get frustrated with a general lack of rainbows.

across

Well that's true for the base Chaos Wave, but Chaos Wave + 2 has different frame data. However, it sounds like 2 + 2 would STILL chain, overall. That is, each enemy would be repeatedly hit by damage that would never be from the same source consecutively.

It does. I do it every Arena match. It occasionally drops the chain, usually towards the beginning, but usually gets back on track. It's still enough to kill all but HP-stacked tanks (and sometimes Ayaka), even with drops.

I just set the actions up and hit repeat, which causes each unit to use their abilities at seemingly random times. Still chains, still kills. Zero effort Arena.

EDarkness

I did a few pulls (8 tickets, 4* EX ticket, daily, and used one 10+1 ticket) ended up with nothing. Two gold crystals out of all of that and of course nothing worth talking about. What I find funny is that out of the gold units I don't have (which is substantial) I alway get the same ones over and over. It's crazy. I got Black Cat Lid, but she was my only Halloween unit. I guess I'm destined to not get any Halloween units like last year. Oh well.

Congrats to everyone else who got good things from this banner.

Muku

Did a 4* EX ticket. Got Gaffgarion

Did a 10+1 ticket pull. Got Golds at best: Luka, Goken, Nine, Setzer, and Xon.

Not sure if I should do anything else. Will do half daily here shortly. It'll amount to nothing. .. Yep nothing: Black Cat Lid. I have two from last year. This one is getting merged.

sammich

I spent 2 10+1, 2 4* EX and about 8 tickets
Got 4 illusionist nichols, 1 Jake, and 1 Rainbow.. a Marie, didnt have her at least.
My last 3 rainbows othan Marie were Fohlen, Rem(Dupe), Queen(Dupe)

Whales

Banned
ohhh, demon rain is coming back next week?

welp

double rainbow banner... not taking the chance of pulling a dracu lasswell lol

Celegus

Took 30 some tickets to get both of my 4* boys. I can live with that. Started off bad but then had a string of 6 gold crystals in 8 tickets, was crazy. Still no Silvia, just more Gaff and Snow useless ones.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cerberus is a complete joke. Went in with my hairpin farming party. 2 turns. Thought there'd be more to him.

I still haven't beat him after like 4 tries. I have a few decent to great units but no TMR so my gear/materia pool is pretty much zero.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
367-125-878

Add me. May help. Have 1k+ A2 at the moment.

Do we know what the HP thresholds for his abilities are? I know some kind of big aoe kill almost everyone thing seems to happen around 50%? I've gotten up to sub-20% with strong friends before, but inevitably I get wiped or almost wiped by that, and can't get everyone back up.

robotuw

Do we know what the HP thresholds for his abilities are? I know some kind of big aoe kill almost everyone thing seems to happen around 50%? I've gotten up to sub-20% with strong friends before, but inevitably I get wiped or almost wiped by that, and can't get everyone back up.

Seems like 50%. He's weak enough you can hopefully get him just above the threshold then take out the rest in one round to avoid the second phase. The first time I fought him I got him down to ~25% on the first turn and he ground my team into dust.

Muku

Did my 5* ticket pull. Got Reberta. Welll.... I guess I can get that damn spear now. Is she good in GL? I think so? I just know not so much so in JP and that's where I had her up until now.

How fucking ironic. I said the halloween units were trash and when pulling for nichol only, on my 3rd and final ticket just bam

2dh10jc.png

My first 5* mag unit and 5th rainbow... cool I think

Muku

I was I had a mage worth a damn...5* I mean. All I have is excessive physical/hybrid

This. Mine are physical. I mean.. I was hoping for a caster this time. But that didn't happen. Instead Reberta came out. (Don't get me wrong, not unhappy. Just neutral. Happy I get TM, but at same time trying to figure out if Reberta is good and if so should she replace someone in my group.)

Anoregon

Woo just beat Cerberus with all missions. Ended up winning with Ayaka friend, just chain re-raising and trying to keep him poisoned.

Top Bottom