• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the NFC and figurines that will inevitably plague the Wii U

I know that I'm basically paying for overpriced DLC that happen to be sold as physical objects, but it does kinda speak to my materialistic desires and means DLC that you actually own and can sell/buy secondhand to others.

I must say that I much prefer that to be the standard than just stuff you pay for and download online - that is then linked to your account and cannot be sold or returned in any way. Also, figurines and physical objects are more likely to go on sales as stores clear their inventories (no such thing with DLC from the console giants).

DrWong

Ok, too much news & hype right now to not miss things here & there. So sorry if known...

First Project Cars Wii U details

In any case, we have an absolute confirmation that Project Cars has been in development for Wii U. It’s mentioned numerous times in the company’s “overview” report created back in February. Better yet, it contains some information as to how the title will play like on the new console. (...)

wsippel

Banned
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...ows-off-new-tech-rayman-legends-lush-graphics

weird

Really weird, it's conflicting with what i've heard. I'm pretty sure the dev kits, maybe at least from revision 3 (and more surely for revision 4), have the option to switch between wired and wireless mode. Now, maybe the DRC weren't wireless until a few months, but even then, it should be the case now. I could be wrong though, perhaps the dev kits themselves are ready for wireless communication with the DRC, but the DRC prototypes in possession of third-parties aren't.
Yeah, seems strange. Maybe their sources are smaller/ less important studios and really won't get the newer pads for a while. The latest pad (product id DK-DEV-V5) is wireless. Also looks like Nintendo uses Ni-Fi for the controller now (2.4 or 5GHz), so range shouldn't be limited to a single room - possibly not even just a single floor.

Anything's better than Monster Trucks 4x4....

I'd really like a good Monster Truck game, there's this odd nostalgia factor, could be because I remember getting a toy of it at MD's when I was much younger. And Reflections did Monster 4x4 Stunt Racer for Wii, but clearly didn't have the time and budget to really pull it off despite the cool style.

project_cars_wii_u_details.jpg

nordique

Yeah, seems strange. Maybe their sources are smaller/ less important studios and really won't get the newer pads for a while. The latest pad (product id DK-DEV-V5) is wireless. Also looks like Nintendo uses Ni-Fi for the controller now (2.4 or 5GHz), so range shouldn't be limited to a single room - possibly not even just a single floor.

This.

Is awesome.

antonz

Indeed the Project Cars guys seem to indicate that in their Wii U slide. Specifically mention around the house gaming

Shiggy

I always rehost them just to be sure...
Once time is enough to learn my lesson.
>_>

Well, rehosted them now.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.

I don't really think that this applies to images, perhaps a mod should clarify and edit the TOS.

Glass Joe

On the NFC and figurines that will inevitably plague the Wii U

I know that I'm basically paying for overpriced DLC that happen to be sold as physical objects, but it does kinda speak to my materialistic desires and means DLC that you actually own and can sell/buy secondhand to others.

I must say that I much prefer that to be the standard than just stuff you pay for and download online - that is then linked to your account and cannot be sold or returned in any way. Also, figurines and physical objects are more likely to go on sales as stores clear their inventories (no such thing with DLC from the console giants).

I think the figurines for the most part will be bundled with the participating titles, at least at first. Nintendo's already expressed their distaste with on-disc DLC, stating they prefer to use it as a way to extend a title's life instead. The stuff in the Rayman trailer just looks like a bonus part of the game play.

Depending on the popularity of the concept, there could be figurines for hit games arriving in toy aisles a couple months later, each with DLC attached for new levels. Or it could evolve into more of a trading card concept. I think a pack of 10 cards for $4 would be a fun idea. Each card would have a primary game attached to it along with possible hidden uses in other games. Uncommon / high value cards would be randomly inserted (VC titles) and it could be a great revenue stream. But I don't think concepts like that would replace true DLC, just be an additional, alternate way of getting them beyond the traditional pay online method.

DrWong

Great news if confirmed. Today is a real hype day. I can't wait to enjoy the E3 madness.

Instro

That would be pretty huge if it covered a whole house.

So are they saying that the only control method is through motion, or can you use the buttons/slide pads as well?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

For the bold part, interesting, i hope it will be the case once in real environment conditions.
And while you are here, do you think it's possible there could be conflicts because of frequencies, range, bandwidth and more generally the streaming tech used, that could make the support of many padlets difficult ? I'm trying to find a technical reason why Nintendo seems to struggle to allow the use of more than X padlet(s), and i'm sure it's not a problem of hardware calculations/rendering capabilities. Or perhaps it could even be a marketing decision, but it would be weird.

BurntPork

Banned

Dear diary,

Today rocked.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Oooooooooh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But you called it a ripoff because it uses the same 4 primary colors for the 4 players.
Come on man, that's just hilarious, and not in a joke way.
Sorry, but it was an obvious joke and those who failed to see it clearly need to go back to comedy school.

Seriously. Waking up to a sequel was quite the surprise this morning. I was certain Ubisoft was going to announce a PS2 version of Rayman Origins at the rate they were going.
Well the sequel was actually leaked a while back in the form of a questionnaire. In fact stills from the trailer were in the questionnaire.

Windwaker DX edition

All the faults of the original fixed, improved graphics, more dynamic weather effects (including a truelly spectacular storms that effect your ship stearing) plus the dungeon we never got to play.
What are the faults of the Wind Waker that people commonly complain about? I suppose they could speed up the boat a bit and lower Tingle's rates, but removing the Triforce hunt would be cutting out content.

ASIS

Damn this is pretty huge for the WiiU if true (please be true).

this is the most important info ever

Shurayuki

Damn need better google-fu >_>
but hasn't "DK-DEV-V5" been out for some while? found it mentioned way back in January.

Nilaul

Sorry, but it was an obvious joke and those who failed to see it clearly need to go back to comedy school.

Well the sequel was actually leaked a while back in the form of a questionnaire. In fact stills from the trailer were in the questionnaire.

What are the faults of the Wind Waker that people commonly complain about? I suppose they could speed up the boat a bit and lower Tingle's rates, but removing the Triforce hunt would be cutting out content.

The triforce hunt can still the there, but Im sure they could sneak in a dungeon either to retrieve a part of the triforce or to retrieve the blue orb, which the boss fight would be you know what :p

No idea!

I do know that laid off employees from SK were asked to sign NDAs about the project they were working on prior to termination.

It does not seem like SK's usual partners would be that paranoid.

Congratulations! You have just totally replaced IdeaMan as the darling of the Wii U Speculation Thread Empire by telling its inhabitants what they most want to hear! :D

Sorry for the late reply, got caught up in Kid Icarus. Thank you though <3
Glad to hear some news on Project CARS :D

No problem. Mind, the CARS leak looks legit enough, but it's definitely not as certain as something like the Rayman trailer. Always remember DefensiveReject-gate.

Display Remote Control or something like that.

Yeah that took me a little while too. I'm sort of anti-acronym unless it's bloody obvious and DRC isn't. "Tablet" and its 3 more letters does fine for me.

The only thing is that while it follows the classic definition of the word ("An accessory for a computing device that is used for drawing input"), it doesn't really follow what people currently mean when they say "tablet" ("A stand-alone computing device used for games and applications with limited input and expandibility; see: Personal Digital Assistant").

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The triforce hunt can still the there, but Im sure they could sneak in a dungeon either to retrieve a part of the triforce or to retrieve the blue orb, which the boss fight would be you know what :p
Well I suppose they could add the extra dungeon in one of those simple caves that you entered while on the Triforce Hunt. It would look a bit forced in if they did it during the Blue Orb section.

Because it's Friiiiiiday, Friiiiiiday, gotta get down on Friiiiiday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weeeeekend, weeeeekend

sorry

It's actually Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom