• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mac OSX Noob thread of OSX noobs

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Do you know anyone who has a Windows PC available to reformat it from?

Also, according to Wikipedia, FAT32's maximum is 2TB unless you use 4KB sectors. Maybe OS X doesn't format in that format type.

I have a windows PC. I haven't tried to format it on there though. I did manage to format to Mac OS Journaled and then to FAT32. The only thing is it used GUID partition instead of Master Boot Record. I honestly have no idea what that means but I do remember using Master Boot Record with my old 1TB seagate on FAT32. Whats the difference?

Sorry don't really know much about this stuff. Testing the drive with a few files and seeing if it reads on Mac, PC, and my PS3. Everything looks fine except that GUID Partition/Master Boot Record stuff I have no idea what it means.

The 'best way' is BootCamp... you will boot in to Windows and it means 100% of the system resources go to that. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

For specific apps you could use WINE. But if you're talking games-only it really is just worth going the BootCamp route.

Boot Camp. Open up Boot Camp Assistant in Applications -> Utilities. It installs a native Windows partition.

One more dumb question. I take it there is no way to make these games run in a window on the actual MacOS, and use all of the mac's gesture controls still right? I must press the command button at launch and select my windows drive to play windows games.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So what's the cleanest easiest way to do a clean install of ML, but recover some of my apps and info? Digging up serial keys and installing everything over again is too much work for my lazy/time lacking ass. This thing's running fine but it's been accumulating stuff since Tiger, and I'd just feel a little better with an almost clean slate.

giga

So what's the cleanest easiest way to do a clean install of ML, but recover some of my apps and info? Digging up serial keys and installing everything over again is too much work for my lazy/time lacking ass. This thing's running fine but it's been accumulating stuff since Tiger, and I'd just feel a little better with an almost clean slate.
1. Backup your files
2. Create bootable drive: http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-burn-your-own-lion-install-dvd-or-flash-drive
3. Clean install: http://macs.about.com/od/macoperatingsystems/qt/Install-Lion-Using-A-Bootable-Dvd.htm
4. Restore your /Applications and your home folder from your backup drive to your main drive. Make sure to include /user/library/ which is hidden by default--that's where you'll find all your preferences, passwords, etc.

Edit: Tiger? I don't think any Tiger compatible Intel macs are supported. Unless you've been doing CCC restores.

Artemisia

Banned
One more dumb question. I take it there is no way to make these games run in a window on the actual MacOS, and use all of the mac's gesture controls still right? I must press the command button at launch and select my windows drive to play windows games.

I'm pretty sure to do that you need a virtual machine program like VM Ware Fusion or Parallels. The downside of using those programs is that you are never going to get the full performance capabilities of your mac used to play the game. The virtual machine can only use some of the power your mac has, not all of it.

You will need to select the windows drive at startup.

I'm pretty sure to do that you need a virtual machine program like VM Ware Fusion or Parallels. The downside of using those programs is that you are never going to get the full performance capabilities of your mac used to play the game. The virtual machine can only use some of the power your mac has, not all of it.

You will need to select the windows drive at startup.

I guess thats just one inconvenience. Loving MacOS for laptops so far! Thanks for the help guys!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Your options are BootCamp and Virtual Machine. You can use both too. BootCamp will be much faster. But most VM programs (I recommend Parallels for gaming.) will let you import your BootCamp volume as a virtual machine so you can use it both by itself or within OS X.

1. Backup your files
2. Create bootable drive: http://lifehacker.com/5823096/how-to-burn-your-own-lion-install-dvd-or-flash-drive
3. Clean install: http://macs.about.com/od/macoperatingsystems/qt/Install-Lion-Using-A-Bootable-Dvd.htm
4. Restore your /Applications and your home folder from your backup drive to your main drive. Make sure to include /user/library/ which is hidden by default--that's where you'll find all your preferences, passwords, etc.
Instead of step 4, why not just use the Migration Assistant? It will run automatically when you install anyway. In my experience, it works perfectly for the past few versions. Make your backup, use the Disk Utility to reformat the drive before installing (This will be available from the installer.) then use the Assistant once the computer boots back up.

So much simpler. Plus you don't need to create a bootable installer. Because the Install app will install in place.

Download Lion's Installer app to your Applications folder and run it. It will reboot right into the installer. From there, Disk Utility to reformat, install the OS, then Migration Assistant to bring files back from your bootable backup clone or Time Machine backup. As long as your backup is a bootable clone, or a Time Machine backup.
Hey, what are my options concerning the transferring of one iTunes library from one MacBook to another?
Once again, Migration Assistant. Your iTunes Library database is contained in your Music folder. As long as your music has been self-contained in one place, just migrate that folder.

giga

Your options are BootCamp and Virtual Machine. You can use both too. BootCamp will be much faster. But most VM programs (I recommend Parallels for gaming.) will let you import your BootCamp volume as a virtual machine so you can use it both by itself or within OS X.

Instead of step 4, why not just use the Migration Assistant? It will run automatically when you install anyway. In my experience, it works perfectly for the past few versions. Make your backup, use the Disk Utility to reformat the drive before installing (This will be available from the installer.) then use the Assistant once the computer boots back up.

So much simpler. Plus you don't need to create a bootable installer. Because the Install app will install in place.

Download Lion's Installer app to your Applications folder and run it. It will reboot right into the installer. From there, Disk Utility to reformat, install the OS, then Migration Assistant to bring files back from your bootable backup clone or Time Machine backup. As long as your backup is a bootable clone, or a Time Machine backup.

Once again, Migration Assistant. Your iTunes Library database is contained in your Music folder. As long as your music has been self-contained in one place, just migrate that folder.
Migration Assistant works too.

As for the installer, doesn't it automatically start running the install if you run it locally? Last I remember, when I ran the 10.7 installer on 10.6, was that you select the disk you wish to install it on and then it restarts and starts installing without giving you a choice to go to Disk Utility.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Migration Assistant works too.

As for the installer, doesn't it automatically start running the install if you run it locally? Last I remember, when I ran the 10.7 installer on 10.6, was that you select the disk you wish to install it on and then it restarts and starts installing without giving you a choice to go to Disk Utility.
I think, or rather thought, that if you run the Install Application that the App Store downloads, it will stop first and let you? I can't remember without actually trying it out myself and launching the installer. If I had a spare computer to test it on, I would.

giga

I think, or rather thought, that if you run the Install Application that the App Store downloads, it will stop first and let you? I can't remember without actually trying it out myself and launching the installer. If I had a spare computer to test it on, I would.
Yeah, the installer the app store downloads lets you choose a disk to install it, but then it'll restart and continue the installation. Disk Utility is only available from the recovery drive or a bootable installer.

http://www.macstories.net/mac/os-x-lion-installation-guide-boot-discs-and-qa/
http://www.macworld.com/article/1161065/installing_lion_what_you_need_to_know.html

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, the installer the app store downloads lets you choose a disk to install it, but then it'll restart and continue the installation. Disk Utility is only available from the recovery drive or a bootable installer.

http://www.macstories.net/mac/os-x-lion-installation-guide-boot-discs-and-qa/
http://www.macworld.com/article/1161065/installing_lion_what_you_need_to_know.html
That's silly. Okay. Disregard what I said. Make your bootable installer. Guess I'm going to have to do the same thing.

Thinking about getting iTunes Match. General consensus?

as a day 1 user of itunes match, when it works it's fantastic, when it doesn't work well (which is many times) it's bad. The first 6 months of iTunes match has essentially been a beta for the service.

The main issue is that it simply won't correctly match songs and will upload songs it should have matched. It's matched about 75% of my library, which I guess isn't bad, but there is no way to rescan a song if it incorrectly uploads a song. I'm not going to renew the service and hopefully I can have itunes match rescan my entire library again.

Also, if you're using an iphone 4 it will slow down the phone considerably, it works smoothly on my 3rd gen iPad though. Also, it's a pain in the ass to always display/turn off all available songs on itunes on ios devices

Carlisle

I'm getting a "Disk cannot be read: Initialize, Eject, Ignore..." error when I attempt to mount my Mac (Journaled)-formatted USB stick. It'd be great to fix that, but whatevs, I've made peace with it. I just want the data off of it.

I'm 95% certain that I set time machine to backup this usb, since it's plugged in all day. But I want to make absolute certain before I wipe it and reformat. The problem is Time Machine won't show me the history of volumes that aren't mounted and this one won't mount.

Is there a way to see the the backups of unmounted volumes in Time Machine? I don't want to reformat the stick now so I can mount it, only to find that there was no backup to begin with.

Edit:
NM, got it sorted by backing up another volume and seeing if I could access those files. They're right in the TM drive: Backups.backupdb > [Mac] > [Date]
In there you'll see all your backed up volumes and the backup files therein.

When creating two profiles in the MacBook pro on mountain lion, is there a way to have it set up where both profiles share the same iTunes content? I created a profile for my wife but since most of everything was purchased under my apple ID, nothing shows up iniTunes under her profile.

I'd like to be able to have my own profile for iMessage, notes, notifications,etc. and for them not to pop up all the time when she is at the computer. That's why I thought making her own profile would solve that issue, but noticed that the iTunes in her profile was empty.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Just got my first Mac today, anything I should know? There a good "starter" list anywhere?

Still trying to figure out the tips and tricks.

You probably know all the big things already, so here's a nifty key combination to remember if you haven't seen it yet.

Cmd + Shift + 3
Takes a screenshot of your entire window, and places it on the desktop.

Cmd + Shift + 4
Lets you drag a rectangular window first, and then takes the screenshot and places it on the desktop.

I use it so much, it's really convenient to create a quick image for IM or GAF.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You probably know all the big things already, so here's a nifty key combination to remember if you haven't seen it yet.

Cmd + Shift + 3
Takes a screenshot of your entire window, and places it on the desktop.

Cmd + Shift + 4
Lets you drag a rectangular window first, and then takes the screenshot and places it on the desktop.

I use it so much, it's really convenient to create a quick image for IM or GAF.
Yep, it's really convenient. I use it all the time for messaging, tweeting, forum posting, etc. Adding to that:

Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 4 - same as Cmd + Shift + 4, but copies to clipboard instead of saving a picture.

Cmd + Ctrl + Shift + 3 - same as above, but the entire screen.

Cmd + Shift + 4 + spacebar - takes a screenshot of a specific window (you can roll over to a different window before you click).

JackEtc

Hey guys, I asked this question in the Mac Hardware thread, but I figured I should ask it in here rather than there, as it's probably more appropriate for this thread:

I just got a 1TB external HDD in the mail. Is it okay to split it into 2 partitions, one OS X Extended for Time Machine, and one exFAT for keeping my W7 Boot Camp Steam games on?

EDIT: Question answered.

Just got my first Mac today, anything I should know? There a good "starter" list anywhere?

Still trying to figure out the tips and tricks.

Did you find any?

I'm still trying to optimise my "work" on MBP. I mainly use three fingers to the left right to switch apps and three fingers upwards to open Launch Control. Any other useful key or swipe commands?

Also what apps do you guys use the most on your macs? So far I've just browsed around and listened to web radio on iTunes as I have no idea how stuff work.
Oh and another key combo I like is CMD+L in Safari to highlight the whole address bar so I can start typing right away.

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time!

VNZ

Hey, is there any sort of built in utility that can help clean my hard drive and give me back some space?
Not really, except the built-in maintenance script called "periodic", which will run automatically daily, weekly and monthly with different tasks.

Sometimes, the caches folders can contain residual caches from apps you no longer have installed. It's always safe to delete the entire caches folders (there's one in /Library and one in ~/Library).

Ambitious

Did you find any?

I'm still trying to optimise my "work" on MBP. I mainly use three fingers to the left right to switch apps and three fingers upwards to open Launch Control. Any other useful key or swipe commands?

Also what apps do you guys use the most on your macs? So far I've just browsed around and listened to web radio on iTunes as I have no idea how stuff work.
Oh and another key combo I like is CMD+L in Safari to highlight the whole address bar so I can start typing right away.

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time!

The app I'm using the most is Alfred. It's similar to spotlight, but much more powerful. For example, there're two search modes: default search and file search. The search scope of the former is customizable: I've set it up to to search only for apps and directories, so I can start apps and navigate to specific directories very fast, whereas I can of course search for all files like spotlight in file mode. Also, you can create custom web searches like it's possible in all modern browsers today.
It's free, but there's also the so-called Powerpack, which costs £15 and offers many more features like fully customizable interface, iTunes control, 1Password integration, clipboard history or quick creation of an email to a contact from your address book. It was really worth the price for me, but even the free version is very awesome, give it a try.

For instant messaging, I'm using Adium which is extremely customizable.

For RSS I'm using Reeder (which is also available on iOS, in case you've got an iDevice) and Cloud for file/picture sharing.

There are hundreds of app lists for new Mac owners out there, what else do you need?

About the shortcut: CMD+L actually works in at least Chrome and Firefox too. You will notice that many shortcuts on OS X are standardized and work in 99% of all apps, like cmd+comma to show the app preferences, cmd+h to hide and cmd+q to quit the current app.

aparisi2274

Not really, except the built-in maintenance script called "periodic", which will run automatically daily, weekly and monthly with different tasks.

Sometimes, the caches folders can contain residual caches from apps you no longer have installed. It's always safe to delete the entire caches folders (there's one in /Library and one in ~/Library).

I saw an app in the app store called "Disk Doctor" that seems to be getting decent reviews, and supposedly it can clean up a lot of stuff off your drive...

You ever work with this app?

calder

Random sorta related question, maybe someone here can help.

My brother wants to get a Mac to replace his old PC, but not right away. So he's thinking of getting a Time Capsule to back up his current pics and stuff, but will he have to reformat it when he gets his Mac? I assume that he'd need to reformat the Time Capsule to use it with his current PC, but if he needs to do it again with the future Mac than obviously that won't work to back up his current files or transfer them over etc.

Is that correct? If so, is there a way around it? Or does he need to wait until he gets his new computer and transfer everything over then (I'm assuming there's an 'easy' way to do that)?

mrkgoo

I saw an app in the app store called "Disk Doctor" that seems to be getting decent reviews, and supposedly it can clean up a lot of stuff off your drive...

You ever work with this app?

Haven,t heard of it, but generally, I find best not to mess with stuff like that.

Best way to claim space other than caches? Manage your junk. Anything else kind of invites trouble if you don't know what you're doing.

mrkgoo

Random sorta related question, maybe someone here can help.

My brother wants to get a Mac to replace his old PC, but not right away. So he's thinking of getting a Time Capsule to back up his current pics and stuff, but will he have to reformat it when he gets his Mac? I assume that he'd need to reformat the Time Capsule to use it with his current PC, but if he needs to do it again with the future Mac than obviously that won't work to back up his current files or transfer them over etc.

Is that correct? If so, is there a way around it? Or does he need to wait until he gets his new computer and transfer everything over then (I'm assuming there's an 'easy' way to do that)?

Time capsule? On a pc? I guess you could just use it as a hard drive.... But e backup function of time capsule is related to the time machine service on mac OS x.

And us, there's a migration assistant for pcs to new macs. Migration assistant for mac to mac is brilliant. Not sure about pc to ac though. Most people I know who 'make the switch' just draw a line and decide clean is best and set up from new, just transferring documents and media files.

calder

Time capsule? On a pc? I guess you could just use it as a hard drive.... But e backup function of time capsule is related to the time machine service on mac OS x.

And us, there's a migration assistant for pcs to new macs. Migration assistant for mac to mac is brilliant. Not sure about pc to ac though. Most people I know who 'make the switch' just draw a line and decide clean is best and set up from new, just transferring documents and media files.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Yeah, he basically wanted to get the time capsule and use it as external storage with an eye towards using it with his Mac in the future, but it sounds like it won't work easily in that way so I'll suggest he just get the Mac and then worry about the rest.

Pachimari

So while changing my profile picture for my account on my Mac, I noticed there's "Recents" pictures as well that I don't want there anymore. How can I erase those in System Preferences>Users & Groups?

EDIT:
Oh wow nevermind. Hold CMD+Backspace, just like when erasing a text input in a search or log-in box.

Ashhong

So one night, my macbook suddenly froze and displayed this gray message that said it had to shutdown. I was streaming video and browsing I think. Ever since then, it has had issues booting up. When I first tried to turn it on again, it froze at the Apple logo with a progress bar under it. It eventually started booting again. Now, it's at the Apple logo and just has a loading logo there constantly rotating.

Any ideas on the issue? Also, OSX is installed on an SSD in my optibay, with a HDD in the main. I have Bootcamp on the HDD, and can access the SSD files through Windows, so it looks like the drive isn't dead or something.

alterno69

Banned
I need help, today when i started my iMac it apparently installed something cause a progress bar appeared under the little apple as it was starting, then i got a log in screen which i didn't set up, after logging in everything seems normal except for some horrible v-sync issues when using Safari or even on the task bar logos as i move my cursor over them.

WTF? i tried updating my video card drivers but there's no MAC drivers on the AMD website wtf? According to my system my video card is a Radeon HD 6770. I fucking have to edit a video which is due tomorrow and i can't work like this what the hell happened?

njean777

I need help, today when i started my iMac it apparently installed something cause a progress bar appeared under the little apple as it was starting, then i got a log in screen which i didn't set up, after logging in everything seems normal except for some horrible v-sync issues when using Safari or even on the task bar logos as i move my cursor over them.

WTF? i tried updating my video card drivers but there's no MAC drivers on the AMD website wtf? According to my system my video card is a Radeon HD 6770. I fucking have to edit a video which is due tomorrow and i can't work like this what the hell happened?

Hmm, did you software update at all? Have you installed ML? Also I believe apple controls when the graphics are updated, most of them are installed during software updates. I would back up that video project right now and maybe do a clean install for the time being, so you can finish it up and not fail.

OG Kush

I'm going to get a mac and transfer from W7, but how do I go about transferring all my files? I've been reading external HDDs can't work on both Windows and Mac... what do I do?! How do I transfer everything?! What about connecting my SATA HDDs via USB?
thanks

eunao

I'm going to get a mac and transfer from W7, but how do I go about transferring all my files? I've been reading external HDDs can't work on both Windows and Mac... what do I do?! How do I transfer everything?! What about connecting my SATA HDDs via USB?
thanks

There's a migration assistant during the mac startup that will do that for you. If you still want to do it manually you can install a ntfs plugin in your mac and transfer files that way, you shouldn't worry about hdd formatting.

Here is a link if you want to know more: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2518

mollipen

Okay, I feel really stupid for asking this, but... how do I contact somebody via iMessage? Like, I'm trying to work out the process, and it's kind of breaking my brain.

So, my friend gave me the email address he uses for his iMessages account. I could contact him on my iPhone, but I really don't want to do it that way. Even if I did, though, I have absolutely no idea where I'd enter that email address into my address book.

Then, on my Mac, I have iChat, but the pre-iMessages version. Am I just out of luck there? Should I just bite the bullet and try iMessages again? But if I do, then I come back to where do I put this email address into? Address Book on OSX also seems to have no real slot for it.

I am baffled by how baffled I am by iMessages.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm not sure myself. You will need Messages on Mountain Lion or the beta I guess but I think the beta is expired now. So you need to upgrade to ML.

When I get messages, most of the time they do come to my Mac. And my sister got hers working and was messaging me from her computer to my iPhone yesterday, but when I got home, the messages hadn't come to my iPad or my Mac. Also, I tried sending a message to my dad's email and he never got it, but sending it to his number did send it to his phone, but not his computer or iPad and it even showed up on my iPad.

I don't understand what is going on! They need to fix this shit and get it working 100% across the board. I want to send my message, have it show up on everything. All my devices. All their devices. And have it work the other way too. I don't want to feel that I might miss out on a message anymore if I happen to not have my iPhone with me.

Ashhong

My Macbook keeps going into I think sleep mode way too soon when off battery in ML. I currently have it set to 3 minutes but it's going to sleep in maybe 1 or so. Funny because in the past I had problems with it not going to sleep at all.

Anybody know exactly what the "put HDD to sleep when possible" option does? If the HDD goes to sleep, is that the same as the comp going to sleep or what?

edit: ahhh now ive noticed my newly installed bootcamp is gone! I still see the partition when I look in Disk Utility and Finder, but its not an option when I hold option while booting. Any ideas?

mrkgoo

My Macbook keeps going into I think sleep mode way too soon when off battery in ML. I currently have it set to 3 minutes but it's going to sleep in maybe 1 or so. Funny because in the past I had problems with it not going to sleep at all.

Anybody know exactly what the "put HDD to sleep when possible" option does? If the HDD goes to sleep, is that the same as the comp going to sleep or what?

edit: ahhh now ive noticed my newly installed bootcamp is gone! I still see the partition when I look in Disk Utility and Finder, but its not an option when I hold option while booting. Any ideas?

He'd sleep is spinning down and parking the hdd when not in use. You'll notice it on some external hdds as well, where they will stop flashing there little light after a while as they sleep.

Used to have it off on my hdd as it can extend the life of your hard drive by not constantly spinning it up and down from sleep. But I think screen sharing or something required it to be on.

Sleep is sleep. There,s a display sleep as well, and an option to have a machine dim the display just before it sleeps, which is separate from display sleep.

mrkgoo

I'm not sure myself. You will need Messages on Mountain Lion or the beta I guess but I think the beta is expired now. So you need to upgrade to ML.

When I get messages, most of the time they do come to my Mac. And my sister got hers working and was messaging me from her computer to my iPhone yesterday, but when I got home, the messages hadn't come to my iPad or my Mac. Also, I tried sending a message to my dad's email and he never got it, but sending it to his number did send it to his phone, but not his computer or iPad and it even showed up on my iPad.

I don't understand what is going on! They need to fix this shit and get it working 100% across the board. I want to send my message, have it show up on everything. All my devices. All their devices. And have it work the other way too. I don't want to feel that I might miss out on a message anymore if I happen to not have my iPhone with me.

Speaking of iMessage beta, are people on lion still using the beta? Just wondering they deactivated it yet. That would suck because iMessage on mac is one of my favourite features, and my friend has a mac that can't be updated to ML. POor sap, forever stuck on lion....

I've just added my GMail account to Mail, and given I never moved anything out of my inbox since I first got GMail in 2005, my inbox has thousands of messages in there. This annoys me, as the other accounts I have on Mail are neatly organised into folders, etc. so that actual main inbox is empty.

My question is this: can I set Mail to only push new GMail messages to my inbox, and hide all of those that came before?

EDIT: As I write this out, I've thought of a solution - create a folder in GMail and just move everything there. Hope this works, if so, ignore :D

Ashhong

He'd sleep is spinning down and parking the hdd when not in use. You'll notice it on some external hdds as well, where they will stop flashing there little light after a while as they sleep.

Used to have it off on my hdd as it can extend the life of your hard drive by not constantly spinning it up and down from sleep. But I think screen sharing or something required it to be on.

Sleep is sleep. There,s a display sleep as well, and an option to have a machine dim the display just before it sleeps, which is separate from display sleep.

HDD sleep wouldn't cause wifi to turn off and the computer to go into sleep mode right?

Chuckl3s

This is bugging the living shit out of me. So I'm trying to connect my wiimote via bluetooth to my macbook. I had it connected once but had to restart the mac. But now when I try to connect it...it just stays at the screen "trying to connect". I do keep the lights on the wiimote on by continuing to click the buttons. Is there another way to connect or am I retarded. The mac after like five minutes doesn't respond to the wiimote and continues with the rotating walmart logo "trying to connect".

I did read online that I need to completely shut down the mac and turn off the wiimote. Then restart the process but I haven't tried that yet.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Ashhong

This is bugging the living shit out of me. So I'm trying to connect my wiimote via bluetooth to my macbook. I had it connected once but had to restart the mac. But now when I try to connect it...it just stays at the screen "trying to connect". I do keep the lights on the wiimote on by continuing to click the buttons. Is there another way to connect or am I retarded. The mac after like five minutes doesn't respond to the wiimote and continues with the rotating walmart logo "trying to connect".

I did read online that I need to completely shut down the mac and turn off the wiimote. Then restart the process but I haven't tried that yet.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

By clicking buttons on the wiimote I assume you mean the red sync button on the back?

Chuckl3s

By clicking buttons on the wiimote I assume you mean the red sync button on the back?

When I had it connect, I click 1+2. Which I tried again and didn't work. I did use the red sync button and again that didn't work.

What I meant by continuing to click buttons, I was pressing the A button so that the wiimote can stay on while the mac tries to connect to it. I know it should have been a quick process but the mac didn't look like it wasn't responding for a good couple of minutes. Just stayed on the screen "trying to connect".

EDIT: When I first connected it successfully, I clicked 1+2 to connect. <---what i meant in the first sentence.

Top Bottom