• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we supported Grifball in the future, this would be less of a problem. Also, if we supported Grifball in the future, it would be radically different but in small yet important ways that would stop it being a proxy host-test. That is to say, more of a real game. If.

*Decoding*

Fracas

#fuckonami
If we supported Grifball in the future, this would be less of a problem. Also, if we supported Grifball in the future, it would be radically different but in small yet important ways that would stop it being a proxy host-test. That is to say, more of a real game. If.
No offense, but I don't see how you can make Grifball "a real game".

Karl2177

Make it like this. With the sweet remix album and I will be a happy man.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Good gracious me. If.

Edit: Also, you can throw the ball now, right?

Throw ze ball Marge, throw ze ball.

B0RMd.jpg

Also, if we supported Grifball, it would not be a playlist.

Is there any chance that you can elaborate on those small but important differences? Is it a difference that has an effect on matchmaking at large?

Is it a netcode change?

Enfinit

Also, if we supported Grifball, it would not be a playlist.

This makes me a happy boy. Can the same thing be said for Infection?

Although I hope Action Sack sticks around. Having some fun playing some off-the-wall gametypes (like Team Stickies or Team Fiesta) is great every once in a while.

Homeboyd

Although I hope Action Sack sticks around. Having some fun playing some off-the-wall gametypes (like Team Stickies or Team Fiesta) is great every once in a while.
Team Sticky Deg's = the new BOOM Ball

Ramirez

I feel like Action Sack should be the home of all fringe gametypes.

I kind of feel like most of the people playing GB & LD are using it for boosting purposes more than anything probably. I assume the people who have like 250K kills spent a few nights in GB. :p

Overdoziz

Banned
My guess Grifball will be more like rugby. Without (melee) weapons so there's less worry about latency.
You know what, put a spectator mode in the game instead of wasting your time on that gametype 343. I'm sure the Grifball fans will understand.

Enfinit

Team Sticky Deg's = the new BOOM Ball

Seriously though, that would be a great Action Sack or Custom game.

That can go in the category of the HaloGAF person (heckfu? Can't remember) who planned out a version of CTF where the flag is also the hill, a bomb, and an oddball.

I feel like Action Sack should be the home of all fringe gametypes.

I kind of feel like most of the people playing GB & LD are using it for boosting purposes more than anything probably. I assume the people who have like 250K kills spent a few nights in GB. :p
To me, putting Grifball and Infection in Action Sack just makes logical sense. Weigh the voting options to where Grifball and Infection come up frequently (but you're still able to play other gametypes) and that would work.

I have no problem with Grifball or Grifball enthusiasts, and I'm good friends with many at GrifballHub, etc. However I don't think Grifball should have it's own dedicated playlist. 9/10 games I've been in have been used for boosting, and I've done it plenty of times myself. The only reason I go into Grifball anymore is to nab some quick cR from challenges.

I'm pretty sure the only legitimate Grifball games are the ones played in GrifballHub, AGLA, or other Grifball league games (which are through customs). Even the "Grifball Pros" I've played with boost/spawn kill every game. Online, they take advantage of their own gametype.

Homeboyd

Seriously though, that would be a great Action Sack or Custom game.

That can go in the category of the HaloGAF person (heckfu? Can't remember) who planned out a version of CTF where the flag is also the hill, a bomb, and an oddball.
Fyre

Always comin up with crazy ass gametypes. He and Mr Duck.

Dug

Banned
Well, adding the ability to pass the bomb makes it much quicker and gives it more of a sport element.
I was just thinking about this. It would be cool if we could pass the bomb!

Agreed, I loved action sack in Halo 3. Didn't play it that much in Reach.

Enfinit

Checked out the halo vid on youtube and saw this advertisement. I was blown away.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DollarShaveClub?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

I saw this ad a few months back. It's where I get my razors. I kid you not.

Agreed, I loved action sack in Halo 3. Didn't play it that much in Reach.
Reach's Action Sack has too much...randomness of a variety. Hockey, HaloBall (HaloBall Xtreme), Shotty Snipers, Hotshot, Shotgun Assault, BOOM! Ball, it's awfully sporadic for me. If I recall correctly, Halo 3's Action Sack had a slew of gametypes, however they were mostly Slayer based, like Team Fiesta or Stickies.

GhaleonEB

I was just thinking about this. It would be cool if we could pass the bomb!.

That....would be pretty great. It didn't even occur to me, but since you can pass the Oddball, it makes sense. It would also fit with the niche game type that got a minor feature update that changes the game.

I like this.

neoism

My guess Grifball will be more like rugby. Without (melee) weapons so there's less worry about latency.
You know what, put a spectator mode in the game instead of wasting your time on that gametype 343. I'm sure the Grifball fans will understand.

grifball is pointless if you can't get a
95px-Killionaire_Medal.svg.png

ZalinKrow

All this talk of random gametypes and throwing objectives has got me thinkin'. They should let you throw the flag like a spear, just imagine impaling 4 nubs in a row to get the kebab overkill (kebaberkill?) extermination. You could pin people to walls and everything! Screw balance, the flag carrier should be the strongest player on the map, duh.

In all seriousness though, I do really look forward to seeing some of the new features changing up stuff like Grifball. I rarely play it myself, but it's fun every now and again.

Edit: Some people already beat me to this line of thinking :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom