• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Ken

Primary: Mongoose
Secondary: Extra wheels

Thruster Pack so I can get to Mongoose faster or bail out if I flip over into enemy territory.

Wheelman so I drive around the map in a more durable Mongoose while honking the horn over and over.

Sensor so I can easily find enemies to pick up in my Mongoose.

L1NETT

What do you think will be your primary load-out come November? (or when you unlock appropriate weapons/mods) (this post has most of the options)

I'm thinking Light Rifle (or DMR) + BR, Hard Light Shield, Firepower and Dexterity.
Maybe DMR + Magnum, Promethean Vision, Mobility and Awareness for BTB.

For BTB I think most people will choose Plasma Pistol + Stickies.

For slayer, probably

DMR + Light rifle + PV + firepower + dexterity.

Shadders

I notice in the direct feed video that David gets +15 for a stick and then another +15 for Kill from the Grave.

+30 for a sticky kill when the other guy only gets +10 for killing you. Interesting..

Totally worth it.

Myyke

Neo Member
My primary loadout will probably be:

AA: Thruster Pack
Tactical Package: Mobility or AA Efficiency (need to see how long sprint lasts for normally, and also Thruster Pack recharge time).
Support: Dexterity

Primary Wep: DMR or BR
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenades: Plasma

My primary loadout will probably be:

AA: Thruster Pack
Tactical Package: Mobility or AA Efficiency (need to see how long sprint lasts for normally, and also Thruster Pack recharge time).
Support: Dexterity

Primary Wep: DMR or BR
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenades: Plasma

Scrub!

P.s on tonight? Got a four hour down time at uni atm.

exile_ctf_pax2012.movhfs3v.png

I really wish he would have gotten a god angle at that one guy on his team who was wearing the entire Mark VI armor set.

Can you snap a pic, it at work ATM

There is no front view, but you can tell that the arms and back are Mark VI, If you want I'll snap a shot for ya.

In this post I will not admit I know its not in game.

In this post however, I will say that if it's not in the game, they have 63 days to fix that immeasurable error in judgement.

(all the feelsbad)

;(

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100125213853/halo/images/b/bd/SPARTAN_-_Mark_V.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Hopefully they found a way to do DLC armor... pls 343.

There is no front view, but you can tell that the arms and back are Mark VI, If you want I'll snap a shot for ya.

Please

I think DLC armor has to be viable at this point. With the Reach trails and them knowing how to do it with Halo 3 but the high workload you think pipelines for this kind of dlc would of been streamlined so its doable and one a somewhat faster scale.

GRD was the test bed

Please

I think DLC armor has to be viable at this point. With the Reach trails and them knowing how to do it with Halo 3 but the high workload you think pipelines for this kind of dlc would of been streamlined so its doable and one a somewhat faster scale.

GRD was the test bed
markvi4.png

The gamertag bar is covering a lot but you can tell that is the Mark VI forearm armor.

Amor on the back looks like MKVI as well. Awesome.
I didn't feel like I had to point that out, but yeah, that is Mark VI too. The player is also wearing Mark VI legs, I can't find any good shots worth taking but I think that shot is enough for people to imagine if they don't have access to the video.

I like that armor, Happy to see Mk VI return, Now just need Mk V and Security and ill be happy. A true ODST and SPI would not go a miss neither would the entire Noble team set.

And Pilot... and EOD....

So great to see.

I really want to be able to hop in a mongoose, activate the thruster pack, and see what happens. Obviously nothing happens in Halo 4, but theoretically, that would be hilarious to see.

It would start flipping around like a Halo Reach vehicle.
IIRC it was a "tactical Package" called "Firepower"

Yup.

But that is an image of a glitch, he has two DMRs and two sensor upgrades. No Firepower.

L1NETT

LOCUS = +T

what happened to the "Aquatic" armor we saw along with the first preorder-boni?

Oceanic no?

On the Helmets, on the whole I don't think they look particularly good.

Some of them are great, especially Recruit and EOD but there are a lot of weird designs.

Then again, if people wore Gungir in Reach, they will wear the VCR.

My main loadout will probably be this:

Armor Ability: Active Camo

Gotta have my sneakiness... the only armor ability that I use 90% of the time. The radar jammer is the most powerful part of it. ;) When people start looking around for you they love to expose their back to you. lol...

Tactical: AA Efficiency when game first comes out then Stealth after I unlock it

More camo up time until I unlock Stealth. Then I get faster and easier assassinations thanks to quiet sprint, quicker animation time, and unsuspecting PV users. Also has the bonus of a very small chance I'll be seen from afar by PV users.

Support: Sensor, perhaps sometimes Drop Recon

In order to keep track of my enemies better, most people that crouch a lot will crouch while in radar range, but not crouch until they think they are in radar range. :) Because my radar is bigger I can see when they decide to crouch. Obviously unless they are using sensor as well.

There is a possibility of using Drop Recon depending on how early it gives you notification. It could be used to setup ambushes for players waiting for new weapons to show up before they know where to go. Probably won't be better than sensor though.

Primary: Light Rifle

As a camo user my optimal ranges are really really close (best for the unzoomed 3 shot) and really really far (best for the single zoomed shot). So the LR just works for how I want it. Mini mini camo sniping and a mini mini camo shotgun. :)

Secondary: Boltshot

Same reason as the light rifle... it hits both extremes better than the other options. This will have priority at extreme close for its charged shotgun shot, while the light rifle will have priority at long range, but both can handle the each situation fairly well.

Grenade: Plasma

As a true foot soldier my greatest enemy is vehicles. In Reach I always hunted for plasma grenades on map to prepare to counter vehicles... now I can spawn with them. Thanks to camo in more situations than not I can't be found and solo drivers will typically cautiously look for me leaving their-self open to easily getting stuck. And teamed vehicles will fly past me and get a sticky as they drive by.

Hazop and Infiltrator looked so dumb but the other armors are alright for the most part. I don't know what I'll go with yet, maybe Recon because I've rocked that since Halo 3 but if not I'll probably go with Mark VI.

Top Bottom