• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So a 343 employee said it themselves, they're not making Halo.

If you paraphrase he implys they are just using the Halo name and universe...

ibj7XZjRNCFCv3.gif
OMG so good. I'm sure all of our Xbox's are going to explode on day 1.

zap

That was an amazing vidoc. So much more hype than any other form of tease.

Please give us a MP/ranks vidoc before launch, just explain what you did and why, even if there are no ranks. Just tell us why!

nillapuddin

Damn Im being nit-picky tonight

It eats at me that the Blue protein knights carry weapons with orange accents

couldnt they of given them that had a skin which made the lights blue instead?

again, I have zeroooooo idea how easy/difficult that would be to do

Smokey

Am I the only one not watching these ViDocs?

I think the only one I watched was the one with them showing the actors etc, everything else I've avoided. Articles too for the most part.

Ken

Damn Im being nit-picky tonight

It eats at me that the Blue protein knights carry weapons with orange accents

couldnt they of given them that had a skin which made the lights blue instead?

again, I have zeroooooo idea how easy/difficult that would be to do

Haven't you heard that blue and orange is a thing.

senador

Banned
It's prototype footage

Meaning

You test wherever the hell you want to

If an MP map is in best shape to do testing of collision systems and AI routines in a small place... Then you do it.

While it is a possibility, and I think Narrows would be good, I don't buy it. I don't think that's how they'd reveal it, and it doesn't quite look right to be Narrows. The side ramps up top were missing, the back didn't look wide enough, and the rock went all the way to its edge cutting off where the lower side areas would be. Plus its a Campaign vid.

Arnie

even if there are no ranks. Just tell us why!

I'd accept this, even if I wouldn't be happy with it. I at least want to know 343's official position and reasoning behind it, and have a direct base that I can spring my points and posts from in the future.

This is a feature they're cutting, completely. We can debate, or most probably agree about the success of the Arena all day long, but at least Bungie tried.

Tunavi

Banned
can someone gif 6:43 where the knight does that side spin back slash at the ghost?

wow and at 7:35, the scattershot weapon formation. unf

Tunavi

Banned
wow, 343 is so humble

"this game isn't revolutionary."

first time I've heard a developer say that.

this is a seriously polished video game

I'm hyped

senador

Banned
Good video. Halo 4 looks so good. I love the animations and all the work being put into character movement, it adds so much to the game.

Oh its SatansReverence? Big DERP.

wow, 343 is so humble

I'm hyped

Agreed! It takes humility to say something like that. Some people might take it the wrong way, but I love that line of thinking.

wow, 343 is so humble

I'm hyped

What he said was true though honestly. How many big games do something completely new? Very few, the best games always take something good from something else and put their own twist on it and add to it.

Ryaaan14

Banned
"...there's nothing really revolutionary, and I think that's important, because I think really good design is evolutionary, not revolutionary."

"I think at some points we got in our heads with this game that we're just going to make another Halo. I don't think that's what people want. They may THINK they want that, but what they really want is something that speaks to the things that they love but then provides them with something new."

Two back to back quotes that I feel are very contradictory.

Anyway, kinda sucks MP is clearly taking the back seat at this point. Oh well, the particle effects are pretty. :_|

they said that we dont want a halo game... I'm pretty sure i want a Halo game. equal balanced spawns, skill over perks/AAs/Specializations. Not all the hand holding with the HUD and the Natifications.

but Im just a consumer, What do i know about a series i've been a major fan of for 11 years?

Top Bottom