• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft's personal staff blog will be blogging about TGS (non-news)

Pharros

I feel like there's no way this is their WiiU game... I thought for sure if it were ready to be shown, it would have been during the Japanese ND. However, they could be spreading out the information until launch day. Who knows really.

creid

Oh geez. I got all excited, but I think this is non-news. Monolith periodically puts up blog entries showing Riki in different places, with little commentary from Riki. Scroll down this page to see what I'm talking about. This is probably just posting in anticipation of a cute little blog of Riki going around TGS. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Sad that someone is posting a machine-translated tweet as news, but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a no-name Nintendo blog.

Yeah, Bayonetta 2 just got confirmed...

There's only the mysterious "7th entry in a series remake" that hasn't panned out yet.

Ah yeah, forgot about that one. Wasn't that one allegedly only going to be revealed once 3DS passed a certain sales milestone?

Hobby

As others have already said, this is mistranslated.

Correct translation:
"We've updated the "Welcome to Monolith Soft page". TGS 2012 begins on 9/20 (Thurs.). Riki will once again be at TGS to report, so look forward to it!" The link links to Monolith Soft's staff blog. Riki reported from the show last year. You can see that entry here:

http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/special/staffBlog/2011_09.html

In other news, Monolith Soft's Tokyo studio is urgently recruiting network programmers for console network client development, and programmers with havok/shader experience.

I feel like there's no way this is their WiiU game... I thought for sure if it were ready to be shown, it would have been during the Japanese ND. However, they could be spreading out the information until launch day. Who knows really.

The fact they showed off "Monado" so damned early makes me hopeful we'll get a sneak peek at their Wii U title. I mean, they have to have had people working on it for at least a year or two by now, right?

Taruranto

Humm....IM READY! :):)

fondo_baten_kaitos_test_sc0%25255B5%25255D.jpg

3iys6.jpg

But please let it be more like BK:O than BK1.

sublimit

Banned
=O
What armor set is that?
So cuuuuute *-*

I just checked out of curiosity.
I thought i had that set of armor but it appears that i don't. I must have sold it in order to make room for other equipment. :/
Which reminds me that item management is one of the few things they need to improve for a potential sequel.

FoneBone

The fact they showed off "Monado" so damned early makes me hopeful we'll get a sneak peek at their Wii U title. I mean, they have to have had people working on it for at least a year or two by now, right?

There is zero chance of a first-party game being announced at TGS. Zero.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure - but didn't Monolith Soft say their next game isn't going to be a sequel?

I remember reading it somewhere =/.

wsippel

Banned
Has it been confirmed that Monolith Soft is working in a 3DS title other than PxZ? or is that it?
The recently established Kyoto studio led by Honne is working on a 3DS game. PXZ is by the former Banpresto guys at Monolith Tokyo.

wrowa

Baten kaitos 2 Remake for 3DS

Since I couldn't play it thanks to NOE...

Eh. If you wanted to play it, you easily could have. The freeloader was already dirt cheap at the time and importing US games not more expensive than buying a game locally in Europe.

Personally, I bought BK0 2,5 years ago for 20€ and played it on a modded Wii...

And it's still Monolith's best RPG

Kamek

:'(

This makes me so happy. Please be a new Wii U IP. I loved Xenoblade and think it could have ended just there. A new game with new characters just as engrossing and a new environment with the Monolith touch would be amazing.

wrowa

:'(

This makes me so happy. Please be a new Wii U IP. I loved Xenoblade and think it could have ended just there. A new game with new characters just as engrossing and a new environment with the Monolith touch would be amazing.

A new IP for the Wii U is all but confirmed, but we definitely won't see it at TGS.

ivysaur12

Banned

Correct translation:
"We've updated the "Welcome to Monolith Soft page". TGS 2012 begins on 9/20 (Thurs.). Riki will once again be at TGS to report, so look forward to it!" The link links to Monolith Soft's staff blog. Riki reported from the show last year. You can see that entry here:

In other news, Monolith Soft's Tokyo studio is urgently recruiting network programmers for console network client development, and programmers with havok/shader experience.

I mean, yay, but, sigh.

Correct translation:

Sweet news.

disco

We could see something at TGS if it's along the lines of PxZ. I.e. Monolith developing a third party franchise exclusive to Nintendo machines.
Seaman!

The recently established Kyoto studio led by Honne is working on a 3DS game. PXZ is by the former Banpresto guys at Monolith Tokyo.

Well now! That explains a lot, thanks. :) Funny that they have former-Banpresto guys at Monolith Tokyo now, so how many teams do we have now? Three? This Tokyo team, the console Xenoblade team, and the Kyoto 3DS team?

They didn't exactly show that off early or anything. It was revealed during E3 2009, and it was out a year later in June 2010. Even by Nintendo standards, I wouldn't say that's really early.

They've had two years to work on it, but it is their first HD game, so it probably won't be out until 2014. An official unveiling sometime next year would make sense.

SOLDIER

Okay, can someone quickly summarize which livestreamed conferences are happening tonight? I know Sony's is at 1am EST. When is Nintendo's and Square's?

wsippel

Banned
Okay, can someone quickly summarize which livestreamed conferences are happening tonight? I know Sony's is at 1am EST. When is Nintendo's and Square's?
Nintendo was last week. They're not at TGS - they never are. They usually do their fall conference around TGS, but that's their own thing, and it's possible the Wii U thing last week was their "fall conference". I don't think it was (no 3DS stuff), but with Nintendo, you never know. They usually don't announce anything more than 24 hours in advance anymore...

Rich!

Xenoblade is one of the games on Wii that I really missed out on. It will be a must buy for sure once I get a Wii U.

Why not get it now? You need a good hundred hours to finish it, and you wouldn't want to play any Wii U games if you have Xenoblade too!

Xenoblade absolutely owned my life for two weeks non stop. Engrossing as all hell.

...on my fifth playthrough now.

Xenoblade HD Complete on Wii U, collectors edition comes with a Riki plushie. More quests and an expanded plotline. Comes with book that explains how Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade all tie together as a single universe >_>

I wish =/

Top Bottom