• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

yeah, it seems like the CBSi budget finally allowed for proper studio space and recording time. They don't seem hamstrung anymore.

Gomu Gomu

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report2.gif
GIANT BOMB PROGRAMMING ALERT !!!
animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report2.gif

Brad just confirmed that the current plan is:

WiiU live day stream = Sunday 18 Nov 2012

Nooooo, I have to exams to study for on that date :(

I just noticed Keighley's face in your avatar hahahahha

Stream should be good. Do they have a start time? 9 Pacific?
No offical time yet, I'm guessing because its a Sunday 10 AM PST maybe 09:45 a test or a quick thing.

I hope its 09:00 AM PST but that is asking a lot for a crew to come on Sunday and do that.

Ozone

Brad will run into the first Goomba and blame Patrick. Patrick will be relegated to block duty, and spend most of the time talking about obstensively inherent zeitgeist involved in the systems of 2D platformers. Jeff will get hella mans from turtle shells.
I think Jeff will be on the tablet controller purposely fucking things up for everyone else.

All day streaming for life! Can't wait.

Just caught up on TNT, and those stories delivered. I can't wait for what the last one they're holding on to for next week could be. Also, one of the best outros ever. Great work, Vinny!

I hope Patrick plays a lot of the Wii U games. It's his opinions on Nintendo games I value the most, really.

Speaking of Scoops, I've been catching up on his horror streams. They're good stuff. He's far too much of a pussy to be a horror fan, though.

Ryan has his moments, ala the SMG 2 (aka the best game ever) review:

For all the meaningful changes and additions that have been made, this is still more Super Mario Galaxy--which is to say that it looks and sounds about as good as a game for the Wii ever has, with consistently inventive level design, and exceptionally responsive gameplay. We all like to give Nintendo a hard time for pandering to casual and nostalgic audiences, but when it brings its A-game, it's still able to deliver a fun, accessible game experience that's second to none.

Just got around to watching Jeff's new jar time video, and it was okay until the last question, then it was great. Really love his stream of consciousness talks to the camera. He's really good at articulating his thoughts, and he is always able to bring up other views and perspectives in a way that feels constructive to his train of thought, rather than going off on a tangent.

I have grown kind of weary of the state of releases this past year, but I'm optimistic for next generation too. I'm not into multiplayer at all, but I agree with Jeff's sentiment that things really need to change. Not just for the sake of doing something better, but to keep things interesting. I don't play much (if any) of the titles that are really looking to a specific title or two for guidance in how they should build aspects of their game, but I've grown weary of seeing it. From quick looks to press shows to whatever, it just feels like things need a shot in the arm. Really hoping we get that with new console cycle.

I love the dog just staring him down, hahaha.
What's up with the secret half-table attached to the fence behind the plants? Also, Dave's backyard is so GREEN.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Ryan has his moments, ala the SMG 2 (aka the best game ever) review:

I keep forgetting that I never went and got all the green stars in that game.

In fact I think I only got like a couple.

I'm so ashamed.

slightconfuse said:
goonies 2 looks really cool
it looks amazing

I don't know if I could play that style of game without a map that tells me where I've already been, though. That might be a breaking point for me.

I remember getting Goonies II as a gift in the early 90s for my birthday (was around 7 or 8). I had no god damn idea what I was doing with that game. I played it a lot though, on and off, for a few years after, and even though I have probably not seen anything about the game in almost20 years, pretty much everything in that video made mad nostalgia go off in my head.

The music, the sounds of doors opening, and the sound of a hammer hitting people in the face was nostalgia I did not even know I had.

Oh man, Jeff just ordered some glasses that are supposed to help correct color blindness. Going to be weird seeing him wear glasses regularly. Assuming they work.

Also, something about a monkey virus injected in his eyes.

Zabka

it looks amazing

I don't know if I could play that style of game without a map that tells me where I've already been, though. That might be a breaking point for me.
Graph paper plus pencils. That's how we mapped video games back in my day and we liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom