• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze (Vita) official site opens: promo vid, screenshots, art, info

Hobby

Demon Gaze is a dungeon crawler RPG set to release in January for 6090 yen.

Game is set in the cursed land of Mislead (ミスリッド), where battles with the half-man, half-machine "demons" are waged.

Protagonist is a bounty hunter named Oz, a mysterious boy who suffering from amnesia. Oz possesses a demon eye, which gives him the power to capture demons.

Your home base is Tatsukitei, a bar/inn run by a young woman by the name of Flan Pendoll. Use the treasure acquired from Mislead's various labyrinths to expand Tatsukitei, while also increasing your allies and strengthening your weapons and party.

Party members can be customized, and you can change their job as well as race. Protagonist's race and job is set, but his voice can be changed.

Demons are thought to be the mysterious existence that laid waste to Mislead. They are the game's main enemy. Collect demons' soul by defeating them in battle. Bring these souls back to Tatsukitei and you can then use the demon the soul came from. These demon allies can be called into battle to fight alongside you. Raise their loyalty and power through overcoming battles. Allied demons have the possibility of rampaging, though, a berserk status that causes the demon to attack enemies and allies recklessly. Increasing their loyalty should lower the chance of these rampages from occurring, but nothing has been announced as of yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfE-uS2GMM

ApZgX.jpg

C3QTI.jpg

JhidZ.jpg

kG8ae.jpg

1nCXe.jpg

MOwMc.jpg

More screens at the link.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/190/G019058/20121026080/

http://demongaze.jp/

It looks like it'll be fun, and it helps that the art's nice. EDIT: Except those environments, yeesh.

but hell yeah that naughty shot in a higher resolution

I'm down. Bring it over, someone! XSEED, Monkeypaw, whoever. Should be an easy localization, make it a digital only release. Us niche JRPG fans would gobble this thing down, even just for the character/monster designs ;) Plus isn't this the game where you can have "NSFW interactions with the Inn-keeper" ?

mao2

I'm not into dungeon crawlers but this actually looks pretty decent. The characters are cute too, much nicer than the ones in Class of Heroes and Etrian Odyssey IMO.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
From the name, I expected something akin to Soul Sacrifice. Instead I got this bullshit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
But the hardware is out of this world.

I think it looks pretty meh, and it looks like some lame anime I would never watch. At least that's what the artstyle tells me.

Should have called it Girly Gaze.

I've been spending some time on the recent PS3 Wizardry games, so my current interest in animu dungeon crawlers will likely get the best of me.

Eusis

Eh, looks ok. I don't expect amazing 3D from Wizardry-type games, and the 2D backgrounds look nice. Maybe if it's good I'll check it out if localized.

Eusis

Oh yes: came in expecting closer to Demon's Souls, left with something closer to Etrian Odyssey.

Turned out better than finding out about Mugen Souls! Kinda wished for a M.U.G.E.N. take on Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, found something completely unlike either, and not in a good way.
I thought she was playing at being a ninja or some other innocent bit of fun until I realized what that was...
Fuck, going closer to Mugen Souls kind of reveal. Combined with the comment on seeing other screenshots (only looked at what was posted here)... :(

There's some new info/art from the game:

Players get to create other party members that join him on the quest.

The game has seven classes. Fighters are built for battle and have the strongest attack power out of all the classes. Paladins are born defenders. Samurai equip lightweight equipment and are speedy fighters.

Demon Gaze also has five different races. Humans are the boring average at everything kind of characters. Nei are beast warriors from another land. They’re speedy fighters that aren’t good in magic. Elves, on the other hand, have high intelligence and are good in magic.

Altogether, Demon Gaze has 45 character illustrations and you can change your characters by taking a bath. Class and race are permanent, but you can a warrior’s voice or name by soaking in the bathhouse.

Some character art:

l_50b57cebde58c.jpg
l_50b57cf1063b7.jpg

l_50b57ce52037f.jpg
l_50b57ce6f0b2b.jpg

He's.... really happy to be holding his sword huh?

hongcha

This game is selling out preorders at the major stores. Yodobashi.com and Sofmap.com are no longer taking preorders at all. Amazon japan is still taking them, but they jacked up the price by 500 yen to 5481 yen (unusual for them to do this right before release unless the game is in very high demand). The game is ranked #10 on amazon among all software. It releases on 1/24.

Foxix Von

This game is selling out preorders at the major stores. Yodobashi.com and Sofmap.com are no longer taking preorders at all. Amazon japan is still taking them, but they jacked up the price by 500 yen to 5481 yen (unusual for them to do this right before release unless the game is in very high demand). The game is ranked #10 on amazon among all software. It releases on 1/24.

That's really good to hear. I'm glad this turned out well.

I really hope this get's localized one day.

test_account

XP-39C²
It will be very interesting to see how much it sell. If i remember correctly, i saw a 3k sold prediction a while ago for this game.

All of the magazine reviews seem fairly surprised by how serious the story is. Weird.

I'll be picking this one up next week. Will post impressions if I get enough time in with it.

hongcha

I know they haven't had much success in the video game market, but I hesitate to call Kadokawa a "small company".

I was referring to the developer Experience Inc., they've only made a few console games (two for the X360, one was ported to the PSP).

godspoken

I was going to say that this game looked like a boring, even MORE generic-anime-esque Etrian Odyssey. Until I saw the other screenshots. While the previous statement still isn't completely invalid, I have a soft spot for naughty Japanese anime games, even if they have really bad gameplay. I don't really know why.

Top Bottom