• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Goodbye 2012!)!

haikira

Every year, a group of friends and myself do a secret santa. Although ironically, it's not secret. It's more like a raffle, to see who is buying who. It's so everyone can put all their focus into getting one awesome present for one person.

Sorry for the awful phone pictures. Planning to get a decent camera soon actually.

Here's what i bought for my Secret Santa.
imag0469selq5.jpg

Here's what i received from mine. There was also a USB lamp and a coffee chocolate bar, not pictured.
imag0485s6xeo.jpg

I got this the same day from a friend, who isn't involved with the secret santa stuff. The Heat steel tin is a bluray =D
imag0489jna9d.jpg

And here's some random stuff i bought myself.
imag0497vaani.jpg

mackattk

phone is too big for me but it's very sexy, no wonder apple wants it off the shelves

Phone looks amazing. I would kill for battery life like that phone has. I am happy with my Nexus 4 though.. I just couldn't justify the extra $300 it would cost me to buy the note 2 off contract.

Gameboy415

1212-Misc1.jpg

-Pre-ordered LEGO City for Wii U @ Target for the free minifig and I got the comic book pages for a project I'm starting - I'm flattening all of my GB/GBC/GBA boxes, putting them in these pages, and loading them into binders.

1212-NeoGeoX.jpg

-Got my awesome NeoGeo X from Amazon and got half a game on clearance at Target for ~$9.

Sinthetic

Best haul of the year for me. Should be too for £500.

nIJBC.jpg
qS8lL.jpg
V2F0y.jpg
g0iZL.jpg
vKnzp.jpg
0I3NY.jpg
1QqlK.jpg

Can't forget this beauty.

123244.jpg

My favourite:

ywTqu.jpg

No prizes for guessing what I'm watching when everyone goes to bed.

Complete collection:

123253.jpg

There is much more, I'll post it later. Knackered now after all that photography.

Picked up a Sony PVM-14M4U. It's tiny but the picture is amazing. It supports both S-Video and Component through BNC, RGB too if you want to go that route. I'd like to eventually grab the 20" one, or three, and then line everything up with the PS2, Xbox and Wii connected through Component, and the Saturn, N64 and Dreamcast connected through S-Video, no switches. Then I can use the 14" for the CDX and SNES or something (the Wii emulates 8/16-bit stuff just fine as is).

http://i.imgur.com/P564e.jpg[/img]

http://i.imgur.com/6BXkI.jpg[/img]

Dem scanlines.

Awesome! Nice game to demo the PVM :)

New Shelve. Grew tired of my Billy Bookcase unit because it was too deep for CD and DVD cases. Went with this Prepac BMA-0960 and I must say that I'm impressed. Look good, and even if its shorter than my Billy Bookcase by almost half, I could fit almost a quarter more games and I still have place left, and it fit CD, DVD, DS and NES games perfectly, making them appear more than normal shelves.
011_zpsaf994dfa.jpg

Nice...that might be just what I need too.

New Shelve. Grew tired of my Billy Bookcase unit because it was too deep for CD and DVD cases. Went with this Prepac BMA-0960 and I must say that I'm impressed. Look good, and even if its shorter than my Billy Bookcase by almost half, I could fit almost a quarter more games and I still have place left, and it fit CD, DVD, DS and NES games perfectly, making them appear more than normal shelves.
How does the base feel on the shelf? Does it feel pretty solid?
What is the backing of the shelf made of? Is it that material that's folded over on itself that you just undo and attach to the back, or is it like a solid sheet?

Sorry for the weird questions, but it's been impossible to find a good shelving unit, and that one looks really great.

rataven

New backup consoles. These seem to be scarce in the wild, but I did find both for MSRP online.

M9Fuyl.jpg

Blu-rays

6AeNNl.jpg

L1XLel.jpg

Just finished this last night, and can not stop thinking about it! How great is this game?!

Tnxc8l.jpg

New Lego sets!

PdVuIl.jpg

g3NvLl.jpg

And the flowers my dad sent me for my birthday. :)

9WgOhl.jpg

Yes Boss!

Awesome pick-ups on the the Lego Sets.

Built the Haunted House a few months back. Amazing set.

Did they reprint the Westerns? Wow. Or maybe an original from the 90s?

Scavenger

I got a Superufo Pro 8 SNES flash cart earlier this week to use on my Super Famicom and I've been messing around with it for a few days. It's a Superufo Pro 8 floppy disk back-up loader for the SNES from the 90's with the floppy drive replaced with a SD card slot. Like all the 90's SNES back up machines it's a pain in the ass to use. Saving a game requires you to go back to the Superufo Pro 8 menu and copy the SRAM to the SD card and if you forget to do that you're fucked. Searching for games is also a pain in the ass because the Superufo can only show a limited number of letters and it sorts files not alphabetically, but by the last modification date. Some rom hacks may require padding and other modifications. Couldn't get Clock Tower to work at first, but after padding the rom I got it to work. The cart only has 32Mbit, so no Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean. It can also do pass through of cartridges, rip roms from cartridges and copy the cartridge sram. I tried Japanese and American carts and it worked, but the Superufo won't boot up with PAL cartridges attached for some reason. I've got a PAL SNES, but I haven't tested the Superufo on it yet. It cannot pass through chips like DSP-1, Super FX or SA1. I don't recommend it, get one of the more expensive ones, unless you can deal with all the issues.

RkOwnage

Haven't posted many pick ups this month, here are two recent ones, about a week apart

peSqkl.jpg

this is today given the Target sale...

rataven

Awesome pick-ups on the the Lego Sets.

Built the Haunted House a few months back. Amazing set.

Did they reprint the Westerns? Wow.

Oh, no, it's an older set from the 90s. Just one of those out of print sets that I've always wanted, and received as a gift for my birthday.

But Lego does have a Lone Ranger line releasing next year that draws some inspiration from the wild west sets, so definitely something to check out if you like the western theme.

Yes Boss!

Oh, no, it's an older set from the 90s. Just one of those out of print sets that I've always wanted, and received as a gift for my birthday.

But Lego does have a Lone Ranger line releasing next year that draws some inspiration from the wild west sets, so definitely something to check out if you like the western theme.

Yeah, I took a closer look at the box and realized. Such and epic line...my favorite after the original Grey Castles from the 80s.

Ha, my brother has been sending me links to the Lone Ranger sets. That Carriage!

rataven

Yeah, I took a closer look at the box and realized. Such and epic line...my favorite after the original Grey Castles from the 80s.

Ha, my brother has been sending me links to the Lone Ranger sets. That Carriage!

One of my favorites too! I always found it surprising that Lego never did another western line after the Wild West went out of production. It seemed to be quite successful and popular among fans.

Hopefully the Lone Ranger line does well for them. It would be awesome if they eventually came out with another large fort set similar to Fort Legoredo.

maskrider

WHAT??? i was loking forward to play this game on my Vita :(

I have checked UMD passport on my PSP, the title is not a passport title.

It is on the list of new releases on Vita's store, but the DL version is not on the list of PSP<->PSV compatible list in PSP software list.

I hope the list is wrong since I also wanted to play the game on my Vita, but I wouldn't pay to test.

psp-op-dl.png

No compatibility logo

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I got a Superufo Pro 8 SNES flash cart earlier this week to use on my Super Famicom and I've been messing around with it for a few days. It's a Superufo Pro 8 floppy disk back-up loader for the SNES from the 90's with the floppy drive replaced with a SD card slot. Like all the 90's SNES back up machines it's a pain in the ass to use. Saving a game requires you to go back to the Superufo Pro 8 menu and copy the SRAM to the SD card and if you forget to do that you're fucked. Searching for games is also a pain in the ass because the Superufo can only show a limited number of letters and it sorts files not alphabetically, but by the last modification date. Some rom hacks may require padding and other modifications. Couldn't get Clock Tower to work at first, but after padding the rom I got it to work. The cart only has 32Mbit, so no Tales of Phantasia or Star Ocean. It can also do pass through of cartridges, rip roms from cartridges and copy the cartridge sram. I tried Japanese and American carts and it worked, but the Superufo won't boot up with PAL cartridges attached for some reason. I've got a PAL SNES, but I haven't tested the Superufo on it yet. It cannot pass through chips like DSP-1, Super FX or SA1. I don't recommend it, get one of the more expensive ones, unless you can deal with all the issues.
Hmmmm disappointing. I wanted one of these.

If I'm using it not for a "SNES jukebox" of all my games, but just as a method to rip my own titles and play them in English, it should be ok, right?

Scavenger

Hmmmm disappointing. I wanted one of these.

If I'm using it not for a "SNES jukebox" of all my games, but just as a method to rip my own titles and play them in English, it should be ok, right?
Yeah you can rip games with it, but you might need to convert the rom into another format like the very common SMC when you want to use it with emulators or when you want to apply translation patches and other hacks to your own ripped roms. Ripped roms are in UFO format. The Superufo can by the way read UFO, 078, SMC, FIG, BIN, ROM.

panty

Gawd stop with the photos.. I just splurged 200€ for some Studio Ghibli bd's.. that set looks amazing tho.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ivT841f2yyStV.jpg

bought myself some xmas gifts.

Samsung 840pro 128GB for laptop
König enclosure USB3 for 500gb old hdd that the ssd replaces
Sony Pulse Headset
50 PSN for the year psnplus deal currently going for 37 iirc.

doesn't seem to from various places online, got kinda over excited there for a bit. Still a great looking set though.

51xgmhbetrljecif.jpg

I've never seen the show and don't really like Anime, so I probably never will, but I love the '60's album covers. Do you get all the references?

There's CSNY: Deja Vu (the box itself), Byrds: Younger Than Yestderday, Buffalo Springfield (all three albums)...I'm not sure what all the rest are though. Does it say on the back or something? It looks really awesome anyway.

Top Bottom