• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and;
-The second team, usually in charge of the remakes, made BW2, instead of the main team.
- There's no Pokemon to reveal for the second half of this year's movie title, short of a new Forme of something.
- Two undisclosed Pokemon were mentioned in merchandise advertising for the new movie.
- GF were, allegedly, one of the first developers to receive 3DS development kits and hired some 3D artists early in 2011.
- GF is unlikely to 'waste' the reveal of their 3D engine on remakes of Ruby & Sapphire.

If this isn't the announcement of the 6th Gen games, it will almost certainly be the announcement of the first 6th Gen Pokemon.

How so? By name? That is the one thing that has me doubting a new generation, the lack of new pokemon teases.. If this is the case then I really believe it will be a new gen.. have a link?

Zaventem

One more point in favour of why this is likely to be an announcement of mainline games....

The Pokémon anime in Japan has already reached the League, and that'll be over soon. We know they're going to follow that up with a story arc based around N (and presumably Team Plasma). While we don't know how long that arc will be, it would seem difficult to draw that out for too long. There's not really a lot left in B2W2 to develop into another story arc, besides maybe the World Tournament, and that's arguably already been done with the anime's "Junior World Cup" anyway. Barring the creation of an anime original region (which they've avoided since the end of Gen I), something totally unexpected (visiting regions from spin-off games like Colosseum), or the anime being brought to a close (highly unlikely), they're going to need a new game region to go to.

Wow i didn't even know bula had a gaf account.Awesome.

How so? By name? That is the one thing that has me doubting a new generation, the lack of new pokemon teases.. If this is the case then I really believe it will be a new gen.. have a link?
It was relating to this:

http://i.imgur.com/fcGuT.jpg

It's unknown exactly what the "new pokes" are though - they may be old or new, though it's possible to lean towards new considering there aren't exactly any more Gen 5 pokes/variations to reveal, that would be coming to BW2.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's a rumor I've seen on Serebii and Bulbagarden, it sounds neat...there's three versions, a "Digital-type" (which enhances the traits of the primary type), and the setting is a Biosphere Space Colony. :0

I wonder what form the announcement will take place in if it ends up being G6 related:

- Box legendaries + "Fall 2013" (JP side)/ "Fall 2014" (US side)
- 5 minute animated story trailer
- 2 minute mixed gameplay/animated trailer
- 3 random early-game pokes
- 30 second teaser of KAKUSEI flashing randomly on the screen
Thinking too high. Gen 5 announcement was just Zorua and Zoroark. Box legendaries and titles came later.

tauroxd

1314978141892-2_zps6af0e3ed.png

XD Yes. It's after finishing B2 yesterday.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This is the rumor linked on Bulbagarden in the Gen VI discussion thread, posted on Serebii originally:

Hi. My name is YellowGiant, and I am a visual designer by trade. My role in the Pokemon Franchise is minor, but has grown as of late to include actually aiding the development of the central games. I don't design the Pokemon, characters, or anything like that, but rather I am an assistant when it comes to designing the 3D models that GameFreak has begun to utilize in the recent games. My first big project was aiding the development of the PokeDex 3D App models, basically more of a clean-up member of the crew rather than a main modeler. I looked things over and such, along with other lesser members of the team.

Regardless, I am quite excited to share a bit of preliminary information regarding the new games that I know on here, because this is my first major retail game I've worked on, and since the game will be revealed in a few days, I thought I'd drop a few hints among the English speaking Pokemon community to get you guys hyped up. No proper names, of course, but general bullet points of what you guys can expect. I don't know how much of this information is being released next week, although I know they're going to reveal the titles at least, and a New Pokemon, but I'm unsure if game screen-shots will appear. It's up to you if you want to believe this or not, but here's what I can tell you if you choose to believe me.

* They are launching Three Versions simultaneously, collectively being called "Pokemon Trinity", but you'll have to wait to learn the names of the Versions themselves. There's more version exclusivity than ever before, and little cosmetic differences scattered about, but the focus here is not for an individual to buy all three...rather they're encouraging global and local trading more so than ever before.

* The game is in full 3D, although many of the backgrounds mix in hand-drawn models like old N64/PS games did, think of like the drawn backgrounds in Final Fantasy VII-X for an idea of what it looks like. All the characters and Pokemon, the ones used in PokeDex 3D, have models. Because of this, they're introducing trainer customization...players can now edit skin color, clothing, etc. for their own touch.

* The 3Ds is utilized in multiple ways...pressure-based (no more holding a button to run!) free-form movement as opposed to grid-based, utilization of QR codes and AR cards for various functions, and taking advantage of the improved Wi-Fi for some ambitious online play. The online functionality of this game is looking to be Nintendo's strongest output yet. GameFreak wants to make these the most social, globally-active Pokemon games yet.

* There's going to be a re-haul of various mechanics, although Gen V Pokemon can be transfered over, but may be "altered" in different ways as the system will adjust them to fit the new game-play elements. This includes restructuring of the type-chart, changed base stats, adjusted evolution levels, and simplifying the IV/EV system to appeal to both new and old players. All the old Pokemon are set to appear, but will be distributed greatly among the three versions. They're emphasizing trading, and using the 3DS, trading Pokemon with people around the world is easier than ever.

* Less plot-focused than previous games, more "free-roaming", but Gyms and the Evil Team still appear. It's an evolution of the Pokemon World (to fit in with the switch to 3D), as it's set after a major time-skip following Black and White 2...the new "Region" is actually a space colony reminiscent of those seen in anime such as Gundam and Nintendo's own Metroid. There's a large hub city which is the focal point of player-and-player interaction, and then multiple "biospheres" within the colony where Pokemon are raised, and where the Gym Towns are located. The biospheres open up as players obtain badges, leading to new free-roaming areas with more Pokemon. This setting, and the time skip, is being introduced alongside the changes in game-play elements to usher in a new "dimension" of Pokemon, you could say.

* A new Type is being introduced, called "Digital", but that's the translated Japanese name and it may be different when localized. Digital-type is "neutral", no weaknesses, resistances, immunities, but when it's the secondary type (there's only one planned Pure Digital), it doubles the weaknesses/resistances of the base type. Fire/Digital is 4X weak to Water, 1/4th resistant to Ice. There are many new Pokemon being introduced, not as many as Unova, including a handful of Digital-types and plenty of new evolutions of old Pokemon that have appeared following the time skip. Due to this, they'll be new evolutions that occur naturally.

* The mascot of the game is the only Pure-Digital Pokemon, it's actually the successor to Eevee...it doesn't evolve from it in-game, but was constructed using Eevee as a base. It resembles Eevee, except more reptilian and sleeker. It'll be debuting in the Eevee Mini-Movie, and is set to be revealed next week alongside the titles since it's a major player within the game. It's actually the lone Starter Pokemon, and all players start with it...its three, branching evolutionary forms are actually the Box Mascots as well. Utilizing the 3D models, this Pokemon has a unique and ambitious evolution system where its look will slightly alter depending on how you raise it, meaning that each player will end up with their own version of it more or less.

@.@

I'd...I'd be okay with all this.

Thinking too high. Gen 5 announcement was just Zorua and Zoroark. Box legendaries and titles came later.
That seems different though - for that showing it was the shadow on Pokemon Sunday, then the Zoroark reveal the following week, all relating to who the Z in Phantom Champion Z was, followed by CoroCoro showing off Zorua as well (if I remember the time correctly).

This announcement mirrors the similar circumstances for the later announcement, where both the JP site and the US site made the same announcement of Reshiram and Zekrom, with the BW "coming soon" marker. At the least, we'll get some dex reveals on both sites (if it's G6 related).
This is the rumor linked on Bulbagarden in the Gen VI discussion thread, posted on Serebii originally:
[...]
@.@
That sounds too future lol

(I just read it on GameFAQS a few minutes ago. I doubt it's true...)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There's a rumor I've seen on Serebii and Bulbagarden, it sounds neat...there's three versions, a "Digital-type" (which enhances the traits of the primary type), and the setting is a Biosphere Space Colony. :0

Wait wait wait wait.
A Pokèmon that is...a Digimon? Oh God.

Zeroth

@.@

Sounds pretty... radical. Not sure if I'll buy into this rumor, specially the "there's one mascot but 3 versions" thing.

Also, NDAs, how do they work?

Customizable PC. It's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for that.

Drop the Fire/Grass/Water trinity. It has little bearing on games barring the rival battles anymore due to changes busting up the "one main" philosophy.

Better sprite artists. There are masters of the craft out there. Make these pokemon animated.

Poison legendary. It's been too long!

@.@

90% BS. But when that 10% gets thru...hoooooooly shieet.

Nasley

Neo Member
Completely lost interest when the word "space colony" appeared.

This. I can see this sort of thing happening on a home console side story game ala XD or whatever, but a main series game...? Would simply not want.

I'm calling bull at the entire rumor, but if any of it is true at all, the fanbase will go nuts.
New type sounds interesting though.

@.@

Hi. My name is YellowGiant, and I am a visual designer by trade. My role in the Pokemon Franchise is minor, but has grown as of late to include actually aiding the development of the central games. I don't design the Pokemon, characters, or anything like that, but rather I am an assistant when it comes to designing the 3D models that GameFreak has begun to utilize in the recent games. My first big project was aiding the development of the PokeDex 3D App models, basically more of a clean-up member of the crew rather than a main modeler. I looked things over and such, along with other lesser members of the team.

Regardless, I am quite excited to share a bit of preliminary information regarding the new games that I know on here, because this is my first major retail game I've worked on, and since the game will be revealed in a few days, I thought I'd drop a few hints among the English speaking Pokemon community to get you guys hyped up. No proper names, of course, but general bullet points of what you guys can expect. I don't know how much of this information is being released next week, although I know they're going to reveal the titles at least, and a New Pokemon, but I'm unsure if game screen-shots will appear. It's up to you if you want to believe this or not, but here's what I can tell you if you choose to believe me.
My bullshit detector is flipping out. For one, Pokedex 3D was developed by Creatures Inc.

Also, NDAs, how do they work?

Looking at the one I signed years ago....because this thing was cancelled and never released, I still can't talk about it. So yeah...they can be nasty. This person would be taking a fairly big risk posting what they did if any of it is true. Especially since we do have NoA and Pokémon Company staff browsing our forums from time to time. I wouldn't trust it further than I could throw Joe.

Zeroth

Looking at the one I signed years ago....because this thing was cancelled and never released, I still can't talk about it. So yeah...they can be nasty. This person would be taking a fairly big risk posting what they did if any of it is true. Especially since we do have NoA and Pokémon Company staff browsing our forums from time to time. I wouldn't trust it further than I could throw Joe.

Yes, the reason I'm very doubtful is because I know how it is being under a NDA. This whole rumor is pretty weird (I'm new so I'm going to ruin all my prospect career future by revealing all this stuff), and I'm not really buying this at all.

Sandfox

The most we're going to get is either a title or preview at a new pokemon that will appear in the Genesect movie.

Yes, the reason I'm very doubtful is because I know how it is being under a NDA. This whole rumor is pretty weird (I'm new so I'm going to ruin all my prospect career future by revealing all this stuff), and I'm not really buying this at all.
I could see someone new being dumb enough to not realise how serious NDA's are taken, but I can't see someone with the level of knowledge that's suggested in that post to be that new. Particularly since, even if some art assets may potentially be sourced internationally, I don't see the main development of the game's features to be happening outside of Japan. Some people would really be amazed if they knew how little information the American branches actually know in advance. It's not uncommon for us at Bulba to know new Pokémon information before they do, because their internal marketing team got the information at the same time as we were translating it from CoroCoro.

Ezalc

That rumor is almost as bad as the one my friend told me. Supposedly his friend works in one of the teams working on the new version or something like that and said it would be a game called Pokemon Universe with all the regions. I didn't say anything to him at the time but that's like the wet dream of all pokemon fans, no way would Nintendo do something like that.

Berordn

Yep, there's no way they'd have a whole new game ready this quickly.

Based on their history...

Gen 1 -> Gen 2: approx. 3 years
Gen 2 -> Gen 3: approx. 3 years
Gen 3 -> Gen 4: approx. 4 years
Gen 4 -> Gen 5: approx. 4 years

They're pretty much right on time if they're coming out later this year.

The most we're going to get is either a title or preview at a new pokemon that will appear in the Genesect movie.
I don't think it will relate to the movie too much - the original teaser appeared at the end of a BW2 commercial, so there's a high chance it's game-related.

Tagg9

Sounds like a lot of BS, but the game would be freakin' amazing if this is true:

Utilizing the 3D models, this Pokemon has a unique and ambitious evolution system where its look will slightly alter depending on how you raise it, meaning that each player will end up with their own version of it more or less.

JordanN

Banned
Looking at the rumor

The game is in full 3D, although many of the backgrounds mix in hand-drawn models like old N64/PS games did, think of like the drawn backgrounds in Final Fantasy VII-X for an idea of what it looks like.

What are hand drawn models? You don't "draw" models, you either sculpt them or piece different vertices together. The closest thing that can be hand drawn are textures (but that's something that goes on a model).

And I don't think FFVII had hand drawn backgrounds, they were pre-rendered CG saved as 2D bitmaps.

gosox333

If it is new games they're announcing, I'd imagine it's going to be the exact same deal as when B/W were first announced. They'll put the names of the games on the internet, and then shortly after have and episode of Pokemon whatever re-announce it.

Just revealing the games themselves will be big news. Probably shouldn't expect much more than that, if that at all.

Tagg9

Just revealing the games themselves will be big news. Probably shouldn't expect much more than that, if that at all.

I would have said the same yesterday, but I don't think NoA would be hyping the announcement if all we're getting is the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom