• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Virtual Cons. development underway, titles will be playable on off-tv/Gamepad

Too bad they will make you rebuy your games.

Well, I only bought TG16 games on Wii (plus a few outside of that for my Treasure and Monster World collections).

alf717

Well, I only bought TG16 games on Wii (plus a few outside of that for my Treasure and Monster World collections).

I feel the same way. I have so many VC titles on Wii but I know I'll be stuck playing them in an inferior way compared to the new Wii U VC.

majik13

we dont know this yet. i wouldnt be surprised..maybe they will do a smaller upgrade fee? for up res graphics and gamepad/miiverse support, etc, etc.

IrishNinja

i wanna heavily go in on this, but
1) we already know we gotta rebuy from wii VC, 3DS eshop etc so when their next gen drops the tablet or moves to holodeck or whatever BAM
2) still not attached in a recoverable way to my user account....

Reveal at E3 most likely.

i'm expecting this too

"titles will be playable on Gamepad" would be far less misleading.

yeah, i was still in the market for a super NES/famicom wiimote controller, reading that makes it sound like it woulnd't be an option, which'd suck

I hope Nintendo doesn't get greedy and requires re-purchasing VC games.

Honestly, I think they might lose more money that way. There are still dozens of VC games I want to buy (especially if they add GCN games), but if my old titles don't transfer I'm not going to have any confidence in the service and probably won't buy anything at all if I don't think they'll last past the Wii U.

(...Well, I might buy the occasional classic, but I certainly won't go crazy like I did with the Wii VC, and I'm definitely not going to re-buy any Wii VC game I already bought.)

18-Volt

I hope Nintendo could get Xbox library along with Saturn, Dreamcast, gamecube and the Wii. Microsoft don't seem to be putting ALL of the Xbox games digitally anytime soon.They should just give them to Nintendo and get some loyalties.

Neff

Still irrelevant without increased render resolutions and stuff. More so if PAL regions get their same shitty versions again.

It's not very likely. Nintendo only gave us 50hz VC on Wii because in 2006 a lot of people were still using CRTs. There's no reverence for 'PAL accuracy' in Europe, as evidenced by Nintendo's NTSC speed/ratio 3DS VC games. Since they've shipped a console with HDMI, I'd say 50hz compatibility isn't one of their priorities anymore.

Oh please based God, this has to be the number 1 thing! I could care less about what controllers we use, (speaking of, if it's tablet only, how would 2 player games work?), but I'll be damned if I have to buy everything twice! I have almost 100 games on VC alone. Lets say that there's a $1 upgrade fee, I'm out $100!

Futureman

I hope Nintendo doesn't get greedy and requires re-purchasing VC games.

Honestly, I think they might lose more money that way. There are still dozens of VC games I want to buy (especially if they add GCN games), but if my old titles don't transfer I'm not going to have any confidence in the service and probably won't buy anything at all if I don't think they'll last past the Wii U.

(...Well, I might buy the occasional classic, but I certainly won't go crazy like I did with the Wii VC, and I'm definitely not going to re-buy any Wii VC game I already bought.)

isn't there precedent with DS --> 3DS? No WAY they wouldn't allow transfer if you still have a working Wii w/ games and an account.

Top Bottom