• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypunch

Banned
interviewep2weeklyvol3a.jpg

(Had trouble posting this earlier)

We all know this won't happen because it's going to be a new IP. But it would be hype!

NFreak

POKEMON MINI REVIVAL CONFIRMED??? I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!! Re-release all 4 games that were sold in the US.

Yeah, that source code means absolutely nothing but I wouldn't be surprised to hear news about VC.

iammeiam

I just want some system-side stuff out of Nintendo that's not embarrassing. Speed up the OS, fix their DD policies, stuff like that. I'll take whatever games they bring (another Bayonetta 2-level announcement would make me ecstatic), and I hope they have some good stuff, but they have some major flaws in their product to address too. Hoping the sales numbers have gotten them to prioritize.

My big pipe dream would be a VC Ambassador Program where anyone who buys a Wii U in the first six months will get their Wii VC titles in Wii U-compatible versions for free as they're released. This will never happen though, because they know I'll just buy Super Mario World again. And again.

Tmdean

Banned
That's just their code in the site footer. It's nothing.

It's on every page.

It's probably been there for ages as well.

dkeane is right. :(

And you're probably right too.

But this won't derail the hype!

If it's on every page is in a master page of some sort, that alone doesn't prove or disprove anything. It could be or it could be not. Either way Nintendo UK really needs to get better coders, you just don't drop variable names like that.

mantidor is right. It's easy to confirm that the The Wii U Virtual Console line was a recent addition. Just check the Google cache.

The one I linked is from Jan. 12th and it doesn't have the VC code.

bux07Zv.png

Fox Mulder

Virtual Console Wii U? Meh. lol people getting excited at rebuying ROMs of old games.

Show me dah new stuffs.

I actually like old games, have a collection back to the nes, but would still like to consolidate a number of them digitally on one platform to keep from having to dig out old consoles. Nintendo has the best back catalog in the industry, they should be exploiting it more for the people that want it.

mantidor is right. It's easy to confirm that the The Wii U Virtual Console line was a recent addition. Just check the Google cache.

That proves it! Since it's a recent addition to the source code, a Virtual Console Wii U is probably going to be announced tomorrow as I originally said!

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Like I said before. This is exactly how we confirmed that the Pokemon direct was specifically about the 3DS. I have no doubts we'll be hearing about game cube VC tomorrow.

Oersted

POKEMON MINI REVIVAL CONFIRMED??? I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!! Re-release all 4 games that were sold in the US.

Yeah, that source code means absolutely nothing but I wouldn't be surprised to hear news about VC.

Someone had to write wiiu_virtualconsole. Something like this really unlikely happened coincidentally. But the listings of Pokemon Mini etc are just "Nintendo already published this".

Revven

Like I said before. This is exactly how we confirmed that the Pokemon direct was specifically about the 3DS. I have no doubts we'll be hearing about game cube VC tomorrow.

!

I am super happy. I really, really hope for GCN VC that it's done well and that we get GOOD games coming out for it first!

I'm just curious how they'll handle games like Super Smash Bros. Melee which had analogue controls since none of Nintendo's current controllers support that functionality... Lightshielding is super important in Melee, at least as far as the feel of shielding and what not goes.

Can't say I'm not disappointed that they won't be showing anything 3DS related. Would have at least liked a Luigi's Mansion multiplayer reveal. Oh whatever, I'll be happy with whatever they show. Not sure there will be anything they can show that will push up my planned Wii U purchase period.

I have my alarm set to 9AM. When I get up it will just have started. :D It will be nice to have new info and stuff before classes.

I'm doing the opposite. I'm gonna go save watching for after work. Relax with my supper, a coffee, and a box of tissues.
The tissues could serve two very different purposes, depending on the outcome.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Looking at that source code right now I expect iwata to go through all the systems and the respective media that holds their games while finally revealing the Wii u virtual console at the end of that. Quote me on it.

I'm mostly looking forward to finally shutting down the idea that I'll be able to download Wii U versions of Wii VC titles I've bought over the years at no extra charge, or for a minimal upgrade fee even.

All aboard the hype train! FULL PRICE AHEAD!

Metazoid

Banned
Can't say I'm not disappointed that they won't be showing anything 3DS related. Would have at least liked a Luigi's Mansion multiplayer reveal. Oh whatever, I'll be happy with whatever they show. Not sure there will be anything they can show that will push up my planned Wii U purchase period.

They just had a pretty substantial 3DS ND...

Anth0ny

!

I am super happy. I really, really hope for GCN VC that it's done well and that we get GOOD games coming out for it first!

I'm just curious how they'll handle games like Super Smash Bros. Melee which had analogue controls since none of Nintendo's current controllers support that functionality... Lightshielding is super important in Melee, at least as far as the feel of shielding and what not goes.

It will never be released :)

I'm mostly looking forward to finally shutting down the idea that I'll be able to download Wii U versions of Wii VC titles I've bought over the years at no extra charge, or for a minimal upgrade fee even.

All aboard the hype train! FULL PRICE AHEAD!

That would be complete bullshit. That would probably set back my wii u purchase desire quite a few notches.

The Giant

Banned
If cube games get announced. I want to get games I must out on. Like Custom Robo, Baten Kaitos, odama, geist, cubivore and a few others

Daknight

Man...working tommorrow will suck!! I can't wait! I try avoiding the hype since the last ND regarding Wii U have dissapoint me. One ticket on the hype train please!

I would so wish Monolith some day returns to disaster: day of crisis. A disaster 2 would cement wii u as my favorite console!!! :p

imjust1n

Banned
No more Mario games for awhile guys I'm getting sick of Mario I just want new stuff. It won't be new stuff it will probably be bayoneta 2 which can careless about sorry just never got into that type of games.

Colby

I'm definitely excited at the idea of Gamecube Virtual Console games, but I'm somewhat worried about pricing. What do you think they'll charge? $15? $20?

I dont care about pre N64 VC.

I want GameCube and wii games on the store.

I doubt we will see many new games honestly knowing their policy, unless they decide to blow out their summer line up for some reason, then have later directs slowly preview them.

I do expect weird stuff like Everybody Votes level apps and services though.

Hell, maybe they got the OS update ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom