• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

So how's Metal Torrent?

I regretted buying it, personally. The scoring system is fun (although a tad difficult to figure out due to poor instructions), but it feels so insanely low budget - as in lacking content - which put me off completely. There's only a single level set in a bland looking grey tunnel, about four different enemy types and one boss in the entire game. Then they just repeat over and over again.

Had a pretty decent online community to compare high scores with, but I imagine that's all but dead now.

serplux

So, this is a list of all future Nintendo eShop games for the Wii U (that are confirmed):

8 Bit Boy (Awesomeblade Software)
Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes (Nicalis)
Anima: Gate of Memories (Anima Project Studio)
Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games)
Biker Bash (Slightly Mad Studios)
Bit Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games)
Cloudberry Kingdom (Pwnee Studios)
Cosmic Highway (Maestro Interactive Games)
Cryamore (NostalgiCO)
Days of Dawn (Bumblebee Games)
Demon Tribe (SEGA)
Dusty Raging Fist (PD Design Studio)
Fade into Darkness (Maestro Interactive Games)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Renegade Kid)
Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment)
Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers (Rock Pocket Games)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects HD (Watermelon Co.)
Pokemon Scramble U (Nintendo)
Project Y2K (Ackkstudios)
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko)
Spin the Bottle (KnapNok Games)
Star Beast: The Stellar War (Pixel Entertainment)
Super Ubi Land (Notion Games)
The Pinball Arcade (Farsight Studios)
The 90's Arcade Racer (Nicalis)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes)
Two Brothers (Ackkstudios)
Unepic (Enjoy Up Games)
Zen Pinball 2 (Zen Studios)

It's a total of 29 games.

I regretted buying it, personally. The scoring system is fun (although a tad difficult to figure out due to poor instructions), but it feels so insanely low budget - as in lacking content - which put me off completely. There's only a single level set in a bland looking grey tunnel, about four different enemy types and one boss in the entire game. Then they just repeat over and over again.

Had a pretty decent online community to compare high scores with, but I imagine that's all but dead now.

Thanks for the info. I'm always in the market for a new shmup, but based on video clips I was hesitant.

You saved me some money. :)

zroid

Banned
Sadly I only have faith in maybe 6 of those even coming out

(outside of Zen Pinball 2 which is out in Europe, Runner 2, and Pokemon of course)

rockx4

So, this is a list of all future Nintendo eShop games for the Wii U (that are confirmed):

8 Bit Boy (Awesomeblade)
Aban Hawkins & 1001 Spikes (Nicalis)
Anima: Gates of Memories (Anima Project Studio)
Cryamore (NostalgiCO)
Days of Dawn (Bumblebee)
Demon Tribe (SEGA)
Scram Kiddy and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes)
Unepic (Enjoy Up Games)

It's a total of 28 games.

I'll pick up Runner 2 tomorrow. There's a good amount of games on that list that I'm interested in.

zroid

Banned
Did any of you guys end up checking out Wii Street U at all? I fiddled with it a couple days ago and was surprised at how much I actually liked it.

It's certainly not something you'd use in the same way as google maps, to orient yourself or find directions, but I found its ease of use combined with its responsiveness made roaming around foreign streets pretty fun.

I explored Kyoto a little bit, even.

Steam says Bit Trip Runner 2 will be available in 12 hours, so probably around that time.

I wish there was a way to pre-order digital titles and have them download automatically. I'm going to be gone when it releases and won't be back for a couple of days. :/

9am Pacific/Noon Eastern on Thursdays for North America, and midnight on release date for most digital retail titles. I don't know about EU.

Midnight in a certain timezone or your own? Cause it's not showing up for me yet.

BooJoh

Midnight in a certain timezone or your own? Cause it's not showing up for me yet.

I know Paper Mario was up at midnight Eastern time, so 9pm Pacific I guess, unless it locks it out by time zone, but I dunno. Runner2 isn't a retail title so we normally would expect it on a Thursday, but if the devs said the 26th then I'm not sure when to expect it. I know F-Zero was released on a Wednesday and showed up at 9am Pacific.

Since it's not up now I'm guessing 9am Pacific.

Did any of you guys end up checking out Wii Street U at all? I fiddled with it a couple days ago and was surprised at how much I actually liked it.

It's certainly not something you'd use in the same way as google maps, to orient yourself or find directions, but I found its ease of use combined with its responsiveness made roaming around foreign streets pretty fun.

It's pretty cool to check out places you may want to visit in the future.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Thanks for the info. I'm always in the market for a new shmup, but based on video clips I was hesitant.

You saved me some money. :)
Metal Torrent is a good bullet-hell shmup. Very competitive and with the nice feature of replays of all entries in the score boards. Not sure what's not to like about it.

rockx4

I downloaded it but didn't try it, I'll give it a go now since I'm fucken frustrated doing hw lol.

Edit: Oh wow WiiStreetU is actually pretty awesome. I'm checking out some places in Japan.

serplux

Apparently a side-scrolling horror platformer called Noctemis has stealthily reached the stretch goal for both a Wii U and 3DS eShop release (along with a host of other platforms).

Edit: There seems to be a lot of Wii U Kickstarters around recently. It's pretty cool. Also, does it really cost that little for a dev kit? I mean they only needed $1000 for Wii U support.

rockx4

Apparently a side-scrolling horror platformer called Noctemis has stealthily reached the stretch goal for both Wii U and 3DS eShop release (along with a host of other platforms).

Edit: Does it really cost that little for a dev kit? I mean they only needed $1000 for Wii U support.

I had never even heard of it, it does seem interesting from what they mention in the video. No idea on the dev kit, but that does sound really cheap.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

8 Bit Boy (Awesomeblade Software)
Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes (Nicalis)
Anima: Gates of Memories (Anima Project Studio)
Cryamore (NostalgiCO)
Days of Dawn (Bumblebee)
Demon Tribe (SEGA)
Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment)
Scram Kiddy and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko)
Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes)
Unepic (Enjoy Up Games)

It's a total of 29 games.

And only one of them's worth caring about (MM DX.)

Robin64

And only one of them's worth caring about (MM DX.)

Lies.

Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes)

Just noticed an ad for Fire Emblem Awakening on Youtube that only states its available in the eShop. Doesnt mention in stores at all. I know its not really needed to state its in stores but the whole thing just lends more evidence to Nintendo trying to get everyone to buy from the eShop instead of retail, maximizing their profits with no discount given(discount should be there because theres less involved, no package or cartridge) and taking value away from the product because you can not lend it to other people or resell if you need to.

TakeMyGun

Neo Member
This week in Europe:

3DS eShop

Splash or Crash (Nintendo, €2.99 / £2.69)

3DS Virtual Console

Pac-Man (Namco Bandai, €4.99 / £4.49)

DSiWare

Easter Eggztravaganza (Microvalue, 500 Nintendo Points)

WiiWare

Retro City Rampage (Vblank Entertainment, 1000 Nintendo Points)

Reel Fishing Ocean Challenge (Natsume, 500 Nintendo Points)

donny2112

Just noticed an ad for Fire Emblem Awakening on Youtube that only states its available in the eShop. Doesnt mention in stores at all. I know its not really needed to state its in stores but the whole thing just lends more evidence to Nintendo trying to get everyone to buy from the eShop instead of retail, maximizing their profits with no discount given(discount should be there because theres less involved, no package or cartridge) and taking value away from the product because you can not lend it to other people or resell if you need to.

How does the absence of something that you already state is not needed to be said lend credence to this theory of Nintendo attempting to sabotage overall Fire Emblem sales by pushing digital over retail?

zroid

Banned
I nabbed it and am enjoying but now I'm wondering if I should go back and get Pushmo too, or if Crashmo is just that game but better.

Should get both. Crashmo makes a few improvements to progression and pacing, but in terms of core gameplay, it's more of a sideways step. They both absolutely stand up on their own merits.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
All these iOS games I skipped on the iPad? I'll buy them on the GamePad. That's the power of ergonomics.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Taking this stuff from the other thread (my fault, sorry...)

Sorry to bump, but I have a question relating demos.

I have an original 3DS and some of the demos I download run like crap.

The games I have trouble with are Rayman Origins and Sonic Racing 2. Both have noticeable (and laughable) framerate and responsiveness problems.

What's the problem? Is it my 3DS? Is it the demo? Is it the game?
It's the game. The 3DS versions of those two games have some pretty awful performance issues.
But should I expect similar horrible gameplay issues from the final games? Someone has played Rayman Origins 3DS?

Taking this stuff from the other thread (my fault, sorry...)

But should I expect similar horrible gameplay issues from the final games? Someone has played Rayman Origins 3DS?

Most people would have owned it on other platforms long before the 3DS version came out, and that demo does nothing to inspire confidence.

zroid

Banned

I don't know definitively about Rayman, but I haven't really heard anything good about the port, so I wouldn't expect it to be any different from the demo. As for Sonic, the final version is bad. Watch the Giant Bomb QL to see for yourself.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Most people would have owned it on other platforms long before the 3DS version came out, and that demo does nothing to inspire confidence.
I have it on the Wii, and the game is great, framerate is 60fps (I think/feel...) and the controls are spot on, but on the 3DS demo the game was barely 20fps, unresponsive and slow...

Sonic Racing 2 have a lot of moments that the game freezes for a split second and then continues, and it's incredibly slow, reminds me of my emulation days...

Top Bottom