• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall Industry:

Overall retail sales dropped 25% year over year.

Software:

1. Dead Space 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - 605K
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, Wii U PC) Activision Blizzard
3. Crysis 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts - 260K
4. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC) Take-Two Interactive
5. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3, 360) Konami
6. Aliens: Colonial Marines 2013 (360, PS3, PC) Sega
7. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U) Ubisoft
8. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC) Ubisoft
9. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3, PSV) Sony
10. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U) Electronic Arts

XX. Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS Retail): 117K
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS Digital): 63K
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon LTD (DS): 250K

Hardware:

For sure numbers:
Xbox 360: 302K (-29.1%)
PS3: 263K (-26.9%)
Wii U: 66K (70% of them were Deluxe consoles.)

Nintendo Ecosystem (DS/3DS/Wii/Wii U combined): 455K

Calculated numbers:

NPD: “Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February. Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40% and 30% respectively.”

Vita: Up 30% on a weekly basis. So, it would follow the same formula above, but with 1.3.

Other Information:

iOAyvoPaqtL9D.png

MS PR said:
Xbox 360 sold 302,000 units in February – marking the 26th consecutive month as the number-one selling console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

February 2013 NPD highlights:
· Holding 41 percent share of current-generation console sales, Xbox 360 sold 302,000 units in February, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in February (hardware, software and accessories) was the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

· During the month of February, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 console game titles including: “Crysis 3,” “Aliens: Colonial Marines,” “Dead Space 3,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” and “NBA 2K13.” (Source: NPD Group, February 2013)

This spring, Xbox 360 continues to bring incredible offerings to consumers. Available for a limited time, the new Spring Value Bundle includes a 250GB Xbox 360, wireless controller, wired headset, “Darksiders II” and “Batman: Arkham City” for $299 – showcasing the expansive reach of entertainment and gaming available on Xbox 360.

The highly anticipated “Gears of War: Judgment,” developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Epic Games and People Can Fly, launches next week on Tuesday, March 19. The “Gears of War” series is one of the most popular franchises in Xbox history, having sold more than 19 million games worldwide, and spawning New York Times-bestselling novels, toys, collectibles, graphic novels and more.

UberTag

9) Something that will make everyone go OMG WTF BBQ - either Fire Emblem: Awakening (despite supply challenges, hardware bundles not counting and this being a multi-SKU chart) or the unadvertised Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
How about that? I called the #9 title being the 'GAF goes holy shit' mystery game right on the money. Just wish it was FE: Awakening and not Sly.

Dead Space 3 at the number one slot? INTERESTING.
It had the full 4 weeks to sell copies. I suspect it was still an overwhelming disappointment compared to DS2.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow I clicked on a thread made by Evilore and suddenly it was Nirolak!

can't believe Sly charted, must be a horrific month for sales

Ridley327

Sly 4 charting must mean sales are in the toilet all around. As much as I want it to be the opposite, especially for Sly 4, it's the only explanation.

Striek

Wonder what the difference is between #1 and #5 due to that comment.

I'm surprised Sly Cooper made the top 10.

NateDrake

If Wii U saw a 40% increase of 55k, wouldn't that place Feb sales around 75k?

Sly sales are shocking. No Fire Emblem is saddening.

MrDaravon

We need game sales #'s for comparison; it was a pretty slow-ass month so it's hard to say how much we should make out of Aliens being on there. Same for Sly, I don't think anyone knew that game existed so I'm thinking all of the top 10 #'s are really low.

“Though there was the same number of February launches that landed in the top ten ranking this year as there were last February, collectively, February 2013 new launches performed worse than last year with unit sales down 30%.”

“Looking at hardware sales on an average per week basis, all platforms showed an increase from January into February. Specifically, new platforms like the Wii U and PS Vita demonstrated some momentum from the typical January hardware lull with increases of over 40% and 30% respectively.”

Wouldn't this put the WiiU around 64k? (57k/5)=11.4k*1.4=16k per week. 16k*4 weeks=64k?

Top Bottom