• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR (Polygamia.pl): XBONE to launch only in 13, not 21 countries

Feindflug

Lol if this is true.. MS is doomed in Europe.

21 or 13 countries they were doomed here in Europe the day they announced this BS selective launch plan, Europe is already Sonyland and with the higher price plus the whole "sometime at 2014" delay the gap between the sales will be much bigger this gen than it was with the 360 and the PS3.

To be honest I think it's pretty safe at this point to say that MS doesn't give a fuck about Europe, it's the opposite of what many people here anticipated (especially after Phil Harrison joined MS) but with all the weird decisions that MS made with the Xbone thus far I guess it's not that unexpected to see them dropping the ball entirely here in Europe.

So, which countries will they rule out?

Poland, Russia and?

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

This is the list.

Assuming US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Spain and Italy are getting it, which other countries will be left out if this is true?

And Russia being left out is staggering.

Polk

Poland, Russia and?

This is the list.

Assuming US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, France, Spain and Italy are getting it, which other countries will be left out if this is true?

I would say: Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand are getting axed as well.

I bet MS will totally allow this.
Do you know MS Poland and their gold/platinum partners sold XBL/Live cards before XBL was available in Poland and suggested to create account using Polish Embassy in US?

Anhkow

They are saying info from some Microsoft insider is that Xbone will be available at launch not in 21 countries as originally planned, but only in 13.

yth.gif

Have a hard time believing this one...

Whatever territories they skip would obviously not be NA and UK, meaning that they would be leaving wide open countries were they are already at a disadvantage.

The only thing that could make them do this is REALLY bad production numbers but I have a hard time believing they would bad enough to require excluding a full 8 countries.

labaronx

Have a hard time believing this one...

Whatever territories they skip would obviously not be NA and UK, meaning that they would be leaving wide open countries were they are already at a disadvantage.

The only thing that could make them do this is REALLY bad production numbers but I have a hard time believing they would bad enough to require excluding a full 8 countries.

why allocate consoles to places they no they may not sell out of when u can have those consoles being sold in the usa with a higher chance of being purchased. .. could be the reason they may skip japan until mid 2014

Amir0x

Banned
21 or 13 countries they were doomed here in Europe the day they announced this BS selective launch plan, Europe is already Sonyland and with the higher price plus the whole "sometime at 2014" delay the gap between the sales will be much bigger this gen than it was with the 360 and the PS3.

To be honest I think it's pretty safe at this point to say that MS doesn't give a fuck about Europe, it's the opposite of what many people here anticipated (especially after Phil Harrison joined MS) but with all the weird decisions that MS made with the Xbone thus far I guess it's not that unexpected to see them dropping the ball entirely here in Europe.

drop the ball in Europe!? Are you kidding me they got exclusive content in one of Fifa's modes!! ;)

I would say: Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand are getting axed as well.

Do you know MS Poland and their gold/platinum partners sold XBL/Live cards before XBL was available in Poland and suggested to create account using Polish Embassy in US?

In Brazil the console costs $1000 (dollars), it's actually the most expensive for the console anywhere in the world. If was in charge of deciding this I would axe the launch on another country XD

calder

It is Friday. It is when you dump your bad news.

Ideally, Friday late afternoon. It's a cliche how companies in all industries, not just gaming, release unpopular news via a press release late on Friday to avoid some of the negative PR but it's actually pretty effective.

Bonus if you release the press release the afternoon before a long weekend or a guaranteed big news event like the beginning of E3 or the Olympics or something. It's actually hilarious how often companies and even governments around the world just so happen to release a bit of bad news the day before the Olympics or World Cup starts lol.

Polk

Poland, Russia and?

This is the list.

No, never happened.
So it was solely APN Promise's doings and noone from MS Poland didn't know about it? Because that what happened.

Hindle

Banned
Im thinking they'll launch in the wealthy markets first then launch everywhere else later. So Germany, UK, US etc.

why allocate consoles to places they no they may not sell out of when u can have those consoles being sold in the usa with a higher chance of being purchased. .. could be the reason they may skip japan until mid 2014

It's one thing to allocate less to a territory and it's another to not have a presence at all.

MS is already in trouble if the online pre-order lists from major retailers for NA and UK hold out true. Hell, even if MS and Sony go 1 to 1 on NA and the UK, MS would be in considerable trouble.

Add to that that according to this, they may be skipping another 8 territories altogether. Giving the competition potentially MONTHS of head start in many countries when current gen numbers and next-gen polls show they are already at a disadvantage is nuts, and that's why I think the only thing that would compel them to do that is extremely low production (which I also don't think is the case).

Japan doesn't even apply to all this because even Sony is skipping japan until early 2014, so they will likely show up there at nearly the same time.

Goldrusher

Maybe it has something to do with languages?
There are 13 countries in that list where they speak English, French, Italian, German or Spanish.

Those where they speak Dutch, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian and Swedish will have to wait:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Maybe it has something to do with languages?
There are 13 countries in that list where they speak English, French, Italian, German or Spanish.

Those where they speak Dutch, Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Russian and Swedish will have to wait:

Maybe because of the new Kinect libraries?

It's a good point. Belgium might make it, they also speak French over there.

halogamer

Banned
My guess is that because of manufacturing issues/shortage, they want to allocate Xbones to the countries that matter most to sales.

It'd be funny if the 3:1 xbo:ps4 launch ratio ended up being true, but only in North America and only because they diverted even more units from Europe.

Top Bottom